It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dirty Election Tricks Hit High Gear

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 04:35 AM
link   
It seems the dirty tricks used to deceive voters are in overdrive, and it appears to be rather one sided.

*Fliers have been circulated in predominatly African-American neighborhoods warning voters they will be arested at the polls for a variety of things including parking tickets.

*Official looking documents informing the public that republicans vote on Nov. 4th and democrats vote on Nov. 5th.

*E-mails claiming knowledge of plans by Obama for a new Jewish holocast

*Threats of deportation for hispanic voters

*Calls to Latino voters urging that they vote immediately over the phone and not to go to the poles

*Numerous "robo-calls" designed to deceive and intimidate minority voters in all manner of ways

*Bogus internet sites with false and misleading information and quotes

The list goes on and is sure to grow in the final hours of this election.
As the American public grows more intolerant of deciet, deception and scare tactics, one has to wonder if these methods will have a long lasting negitive effect, and if in retrospect may even be viewed as a form of political party suicide.

[edit on 3-11-2008 by deepred]

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 06:12 AM
link   
While I don't question any of that happening, do you have links for some kind of proof? I'd like to read more.

Thanks!

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 06:27 AM
link   
If any of those things work, exactly what is being taught in our schools?

Hmm...all of that seems one sided, too. Why so much emphatic placement on that, I mean other than marketing an idea of fear or whatever.

I am disgusted, time to leave knowwhatimean?

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Complaints have surfaced in predominantly African-American neighborhoods of Philadelphia where fliers have circulated, warning voters they could be arrested at the polls if they had unpaid parking tickets or if they had criminal convictions.

Over the weekend in Virginia, bogus fliers with an authentic-looking commonwealth seal said fears of high voter turnout had prompted election officials to hold two elections — one on Tuesday for Republicans and another on Wednesday for Democrats

In New Mexico, two Hispanic women filed a lawsuit last week claiming they were harassed by a private investigator working for a Republican lawyer who came to their homes and threatened to call immigration authorities, even though they are U.S. citizens

"He was questioning her status, saying that he needed to see her papers and documents to show that she was a U.S. citizen and was a legitimate voter," said Guadalupe Bojorquez, speaking on behalf of her mother, Dora Escobedo, a 67-year-old Albuquerque resident who speaks only Spanish. "He totally, totally scared the heck out of her"

In Pennsylvania, e-mails appeared linking Democrat Barack Obama to the Holocaust. "Jewish Americans cannot afford to make the wrong decision on Tuesday, Nov. 4," said the electronic message, paid for by an entity calling itself the Republican Federal Committee. "Many of our ancestors ignored the warning signs in the 1930s and 1940s and made a tragic mistake."

HERES THE LINK TO THE STORY

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Sounds like a good story,funny they have no dirct quotes from anyone who supposedly had this happen,sounds like Dem's are swinging a dead fish

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 08:54 AM
link   
not necesarily. there are plenty of reports on the web about things like this. i read another one that was happening to students at Drexel
university. im sure theres quotes online in plenty of plaaces you just have to do some research on your own before making a statement like that. after all it was only one link.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Bean328

Thanks for the link bean! Much appreciated.

How absolutely disgusting that this is going on. While I was gone from the thread for a little bit, I actually got an email from a (Republican) coworker imploring me not to vote because they were worried about what might happen. I'm white and live in a predominantly black neighborhood, so two guesses where she was going with that

*repeats to self* Just 48 more hours, just 48 more hours *rubs temples*

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 09:57 AM
link   
yup, politics is an extremel touchy subject. my mom always taught me never to discuss sex, religion, or politics with people because those are three things were everyone would have their own viewpoint andi keep to that today as it would save me from many arguements. lol. and mostly, these things can also blind people temporarily.

no problem on the link. i had actually just got done reading over it and came on to see if anyome had mentioned it yet. GREAT MINDS THINK!!!

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Bean328

I couldn't agree more on the "sex, politics, and religion" thing. Not even my husband knows who I'm going to vote for and we LIKE it that way. It keeps you clear from psychotic stalker ladies who are convinced (not knowing WHO you are going to vote for) that merely voting in my neighborhood is going to get me stabbed

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Former U.S. Sen. John Danforth is firing back at Democratic charges of voting intimidation by the GOP at polling places. Danforth, co-chair of John McCain’s Honest and Open Election Committee, told reporters this weekend that a flyer has been circulating in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania, alleging that the Republicans are up to “various tricks” at the polling places.

“All of this is absolutely false, and the purpose of the (conference) call is to say that the suggestions made in the flyers distributed in Lancaster, Pennsylvania are flatly untrue and these are practices that are flatly repudiated by the McCain/Palin campaign.”

Danforth noted that the tactic is reminiscent of Democratic tactics in 2004 when similarly unfounded “preemptive strikes” of a “crying wolf” nature were launched against the GOP. The former Missouri Attorney General described the Democrats’ tactics in Lancaster as an attempt to “create a lot of smoke by alleging things that are just flatly untrue and are not happening -- that’s part of the playbook the Obama campaign this year just as it was part of their playbook in 2004.”

Source

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I just got off the phone with the Colorado Attorney Generals Office because I had to file a complaint against the Barack Obama Campaign for trickery and deceit. Let me say right off the bat I am NOT a Republican nor a Democrat and thought Ron Paul was this Country's only hope at going back to what we should be and once were. Here is what they did yesterday to me 2 times and probably many thousands of other Americans and Coloradans.

During the Nascar race yesterday, yes I am a Nascar fan, I received a phone call and the caller ID said that it was the Denver Cnty Fed Off., I of course assumed it was the Denver government calling me for some unknown reason and answered the call. I was immediately told that the woman calling me was named Jackie and she was calling on behalf of Barack Obama and wanted to know if I had voted early, was going to vote, and if I knew my polling place. I informed her that I wasn't voting in Colorado because Ron Paul was not on the ballot and that there was no write-in slot either on the ballot. I told her I wouldn't vote for John McCain or Barack Obama if they were the last two men on earth. She thanked me for my honesty and hung up. Not 5 minutes later another call comes in and caller ID says its the L.A. Cnty Fed Off., I answered it and this time is was Sheila calling for Barack Obama and gave me the same line about voting and polling places. I kinda lost it and screamed at her that I was tired of these deceitful ficticious calls claiming to be from County Federal Offices and I told her that I believed that using a Federal Office phone was illegal to use for campaigning calls, I then screamed QUIT EFFING CALLING ME and hung up. I called the Colorado Attorney General this A.M. and reported the calls and told them they could look at my phone records to see where the calls came from, if they were spoofed ID's or real, and they thanked me very much and said they would look into it and that it was illegal to use Federal or any Government phone systems to campaign or to make people believe it was a government phone system.

This is getting ridiculous to the point of pissing me off, after 5 weeks of them knocking on my door i have to end the last two days of the election cycle with fraudulent caller ID calls from the Barack Campaign. I wish I had registered to vote so I could vote against Barack and his deceitful and probably illegal practices. If anyone else has gotten these calls I would advise you to notify your state Attorney General's Office of them so they can get to the bottom of it. I think this is a perfect example of where American Politics has gone to, lies deceit mistruths fakery trickery and harassment. I do not like the angry old man John McCain or his border policies or for that matter any of them but I want to say that not one call or door knocker ever bothered me and said they were representing McCain/Palin, so in that respect I think I would have to thank them for leaving me the hell alone.

I CAN NOT WAIT FOR THIS TO BE OVER TOMORROW!!!

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   
theres a lot of fishy stuff going on in this election. this is probobly the most important election in our history. i also want Ron Paul to be president but i really dont see that happening with the way our country is going.

*sigh* if only there were enough people on ATS to to take the majority vote in the main states.

new topics

top topics

join