It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do you think that a McCain victory would be good for the country?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 09:10 AM
link   
The McCain of the previous decade doesn't seem to be the man of today. The VP choice tend to sink my vote.

However, as I think about this whole situation, maybe his winning might be best. Why. Because nothing will change and the country will be business as usual. A few things will be renamed but in the end no difference.

This might be the spark to infuriate people to the point of actually demanding a different direction. Not by talk, wishes or waiting for politicians to act different but by tar and feathering a few and running the rest of the current ones out of DC.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 09:28 AM
link   
sorry to the OP if this isnt what you are looking for but i just have to get this out. McCain isnt a war hero. just because he was a POW doesnt make him a hero. i sudgjest you research more into what went on in tha situation.

i would also have to commend NJ2Day for their post because that is the first real reason (from someone elses point of view) that i have heard for someone supporting him. i always hear Obama this Obama that. even though im not a McCain fan; not much of Obama either; its good to see an educated reason not spewed with hate.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Bean328

What might shock ya more, is that I posted Why Obama would be good for the country in the other thread lol...

I think I took the spirit of the post too far, and commented on why either would be good...

People don't seem to realize that just because they support candidate A, doesn't mean they have to Hate Candidate B...

Both candidates are fine individuals, and I'm confident that either of them would work their hardest to improve our country...

note: I haven't revealed who i'm voting for to anyone here on ATS yet... I refuse to become a campaign mouthpiece for either campaign.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 09:42 AM
link   
A McCain presidency would be good for the country because:

1) McCain is at his core an honorable man, and has what he believes are the best interests of the US at heart. If he can resist the corruption and spite that (I believe) is being pressed upon him by his associates, it bodes well for the country.

2) McCain is aware of the areas in which he lacks expertise - for example economic matters - and will seek advice from people he believes have more skill in these areas.

3) McCain may well revert to his original position opposed to such practices as torture by the US, and work to bring such to a halt.

4) McCain will attempt to make high level appointments based more on competence than party loyalty.

To summarize, although I disagree strongly with McCain on many issues, and I do not believe he has presented credible evidence that he will go far enough from Bush's policies, I do believe McCain, unlike Bush, has the best interests - or what he considers the best interests - of the country at heart.

I have serious concerns regarding his ability to manifest his desires in this regard, but have attempted here to list the attributes of McCain that would, or at least might, be of benefit to the nation.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 09:52 AM
link   
i have my reasons why i would and would not vote for both candidates. but when it comes to the pressure that would be exerted onto them by their colleages and the people behind the scenes. thats wat worries me about both men.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 11:02 AM
link   
This is an easy one - Why this country will fare better under McCain:

1. McCain tax policy doesn't call for increasing corporate taxes, which have shown by example to be counter productive to society (country of Ireland being the example, which lowered its corporate tax rate to 12.5% from 40% overnight and immediately saw an economic turnaround followed by productivity and foreign investment).

2. McCain's energy policy is more realistic than Obama's - first, he's pro nuclear and admits we need more nuclear plants, which would create jobs. McCain is not against clean coal, to which Obama has said he is against all coal; McCain would like to drill in our own country and off our own shores for oil to gain energy independence from countries that despise us like Venezuela and Saudi Arabia. Benefits of drilling for oil: Current technologies are formatted for using and refining oil and we know the costs involved and time tables for completion. With Obama's plan, there are too many unknowns because wind, solar and others are too new to roll out on such large scales, not to mention the cost of changing over formats.

3. No nationalized health care - and no trillion dollar price tag to go with it, as well as no compromising of the health care standards that will happen if doctors are forced to choose between government and privatization. Most quality care-givers will opt out of the government program, AND Hawaii has attested to such a program failing after only 7 months when trying it out.

4. McCain will not comromise the second amendment in any way.

5. McCain will not appoint SCOTUS justices that will compromise the Constitution of the United States in any way. With appointment of liberal justices, we have seen that they plan to alter the intended meaning of the Constitution - case in point, the recent decision on interpreting the second amendment. The SCOTUS was ONE VOTE away from deciding that the right to bear arms was limited to a national militia and not individual citizens. ONE VOTE split down party lines - thank you Ted Kennedy!

6. McCain will not back down from the war on terror in any way. He will not falter when it comes to terrorist nations challenging us or our allies. He will maintain the U.S. presence overseas as long as is necessary to show that we have gone soft, that we do still remember what terrorism brought to our country on 9/11 and that we will not tolerate it.

I'm sure I'll think of more. Those were just off the top of my head.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Open_Minded Skeptic

Thank you for an honest and open-minded post. True to your name!

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 11:22 AM
link   
McCain's bipartisan history will show itself and prove to me highly useful in resolving many American issues.

His experience in the political field will help him better appoint qualified individuals for cabinet positions, which will then reflect in terms of the direction they will take this country. Some seem to forget, the presidents doesn't run everything.

Taxes will be more fair for Americans.

America will be safe for years to come, because its reputation of going soft will no longer exist.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I think McCain would make a great president because I love George Boosh and so does he

I think McCain would be a great prez because he loves war and so do all of us

I think McCain is a great guy because he loves oil and i love oil , who cares about the planet we can all live under the SEA !!!!

I think McCain will be a great prezz because he has a fineeee hot chik as his m8
just think the awesome things super hockey mom can do if our saviour happens to die ..... i love m00se too and so does she

gee golly

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   
McCain Election Results

Please discuss this issue in the following thread:
McCain Election Results

Thread closed.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join