It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do you think that a McCain victory would be good for the country?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Without saying "Obama" or Democrats or Liberals....etc, why do you think that a McCain presidency will help make America a better place?

This isn't about why you think he is better than Obama. This is asking why you feel that he would be a good President on his own merit.

I am curious. I will have a similar post asking the same about Obama.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 04:40 AM
link   
REASON 1
I believe a McCain presidency would be good for the country because he is a terrible liar, and since it is so easy to tell when he is lying, it is much easier to ascertain the truth.

REASON 2
His old age and general stupidity results in many entertaining gaffes. Obama is much more controlled and has a much more effective poker face, which is far less entertaining.

REASON 3
His face might fall off at any moment and the US president will have a skull for a head. I'm not sure why that's a good thing, but it woud be pretty damn cool to see on TV.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 04:41 AM
link   
McCain is very well versed in international politics and foreign policy. His service to our country is to be commended.

A McCain administration would most likely challenge the status quo. His idea of saving the average person from foreclosure is very very commendable, but still needs further thinking.

I am slightly disheartened with his unmitigated support of the bailout bill, which would appear to go against everything he is about. That bill was loaded with the pork he is swearing to cut...

However, I am given hope, as this also demonstrates his ability to comprimise to get the job done in times of emergency. If he had led a challenge on that bill, nothing would have ever been passed... I think the idea that a decision was made, and we are able to move forward is much more productive than taking months... Its a rare instance where making a bad decision now, is better than making a good decision 3 months from now.

Anyway, thats my 2 cents

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 04:41 AM
link   
reply to post by freakyty

LMFAO.......

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 04:44 AM
link   
reply to post by nj2day

Thanks again for the proper example of what I am looking for. I know there is a very minute chance of these actually staying on topic so thank you for giving a good early example.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 05:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

The only thing I can personally think of:

8 more years of a war hawk President might help the American People finally reach the critical breaking point where we say "Enough!! I am not spending another trillion dollars on the monster in the closet! We can use this money to improve the quality of life here in America instead".

PS. This is a serious post.

[edit on 3-11-2008 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 05:22 AM
link   
I sit with McCain mostly because he is Pro-Gun. I am a cop and Obama's retarded idea about cops "checking" their weapons out when they get to work and "checking" them in when they leave is so stupid there isn't even a good word for it. Of course there is more but that is the biggest.

Also, I believe that McCain would do what is better for America instead of bowing down to that corrupt abomination we call the UN. Obama has NO backbone and in my opinion could real care less about the good of America.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by -Reason-
I sit with McCain mostly because he is Pro-Gun. I am a cop and Obama's retarded idea about cops "checking" their weapons out when they get to work and "checking" them in when they leave is so stupid there isn't even a good word for it. Of course there is more but that is the biggest.

Also, I believe that McCain would do what is better for America instead of bowing down to that corrupt abomination we call the UN. Obama has NO backbone and in my opinion could real care less about the good of America.

Come on, this isn't a statement of why you think McCain would be good but why you think Obama would be bad. You are saying that Obama would change things for the worse and you like the way things are.

I want to know what "changes" you think McCain will make to improve the country. Or are you voting for him because you think that we are on the right track now and no significant changes need to be made.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by -Reason-
I sit with McCain mostly because he is Pro-Gun.

Also, I believe that McCain would do what is better for America instead of bowing down to that corrupt abomination we call the UN.

Minus the negative rhetoric, your post is down to 2 sentences...

I think you might have missed the spirit of Karl's post...

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 05:38 AM
link   
I'm sorry OP. You are right. I understand what you are saying. I guess I really don't feel that either one of them would make ANY changes. I suppose I feel that McCain is the lesser of two evils.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 06:01 AM
link   
I don't think McCain would be good for the country. But at least with him we wouldn't have Price Signals and at least with him the coal industry wouldn't be bankrupt on purpose by the President of the Untied States.

I'm voting Constitution Party so I don't want either McCain or Obama in.
However, McCain is a bit less bad for the economy then Obama.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 07:04 AM
link   
McCain would be good because he is proof of the horrors of the world - he is the product of Admirals, fought and was "defeated" in "combat", was tortured..and here he is - alive and kicking.

McCain would be good because, even at 90% agreement rate, that 10% of disagreement could be more important to our lives than the 90% he went a long with.

McCain is proof positive of the American Dream in our time. He is the example of achieving and passing along the ability to get ahead.

He has a "model" family, sort of. I think that people need to consider the men who lead them that don't get into office and them cheat on their wives.

McCain is good because he is a war hero - he is proof of what happens to people to defend folks who won't defend themselves. And I mean that in every sense of that thought.

McCain has experience with relations, planning, and has demonstrated that a politician can be used if you have the right persuasive abilities - like, ya know, money. Oh, but McCain's wife is pretty well off so maybe a guy like him isn't so eager...

I agree with more of McCain's work in his elected offices and he has demonstrated the willingness to not just do what the "party" says to do. I think that means he could actually end the "wars", etc.

I guess...

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Oh, he will not be good for the country a he will perpetuate the Bush legacy.

But for corporate America and global elites he will be great!!!!!!!!!

Now I have to say that he will be fantastic when it comes to the defense military complex and the Haliburtons.

And I have to be nice because after all it is Presidents like McCain that keeps my husband making they good money he makes and food in our table.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 08:11 AM
link   
I think a McCain come-from-behind, surprise victory ala Dewey/Truman would be good for this country for many reasons. Among them, first and foremost, is that this victory would send a strong message to Americans that sexism and misogyny will not be tolerated. While Obama's candidacy has been heralded as historic both Hillary Clinton and Sarah Palin's historic runs have been minimized. These accomplished, experienced women have both have been vilified, trivialized, and taunted by the media along with immature, hateful voters. This country should be deeply ashamed of this behavior. I want those guilty of this to get the strong message that this is not acceptable and will not be rewarded now or in the future.

The media bias in favor for Obama has been outrageous from the beginning of the the primary race and has continued into the general election. I'd like to let them know loud and clear that they cannot decided who will be our president for us. We the people have minds and will think for ourselves, thank you. Present the facts and keep your bias to yourselves.

As a longtime Democrat who is voting Republican for the first time this year I want my former party to suffer for the fraudulent primary practices that cost Hillary Clinton the nomination. I want that party completely cleaned out before I ever consider returning.

A McCain victory would send a strong signal to future candidates that they must not seal all their personal records because that leads thinking people to believe you have something to hide. I still don't know whether or not Barack Obama is a natural born American citizen. He could possibly be perpetrating the biggest fraud ever pulled on the American people. When McCain wins I hope the truth comes out. If he is indeed not an American citizen I want him, Howard Dean, David Axelrod, and anyone else who was aware of this fact and covered it up to be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

Obama's nasty online supporters I've encountered over the past year are another reason I relish the idea of a McCain victory. I want these nincompoops who called me racist, the b-word, the c-word, ect. to gnash their teeth and pull out their hair in defeat. That thought alone makes me happy like you wouldn't believe.
Of course I dread the rioting that probably will occur and I hope no innocent people are killed.

I hope to have a candidate of color one day this country can truly be proud of and trust to lead our country to greatness instead of one who appears to only care about himself and his hidden agenda. Obama is a dangerous candidate who must be defeated -- if our votes in this country even really count. Sadly, I'm not convinced they do.

~~~~ PUMA!

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Posted this in the other thread, posting it here for balance purposes.

Guys.

SO's rules as laid out here A Call To Action: Ending The Political Game on ATS

Are still very much in effect.

If you can't discuss this stuff without bickering and rhetoric, action will be taken and the thread will be closed. Simple as that.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Lets see, we have a choice between Dumb and Dumber.

I think McCain would be destructive to this country but far less then an Obama presidecy.

I dont like either canidate, but McCain is unfortunately, more closely aligned to the right, as far left leaning as he is then Obama.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by SolarSeaman

Thank you for answering the question without using Obama's name. I see that others can't quite bring themselves to do it.

It appears as though (so far) people aren't so much supporting McCain as they are not supporting Obama.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

have to admit, this is an interesting experiment of yours... I've been watching it all transpire.

very interesting results... your posts are always gold :p

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Seeker Mom

Can you reduce that to what you think McCain will do well for the country without mentioning Obama?

I see that you think it would do a lot for women but other than that, it just sounds like you are simply angry at the other side and their supporters.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by arcnaver

Again, without mentioning Obama...etc please. So you think he will be good for the country because he is not a liberal? Does that mean that you think the country is on the right track right now, since we are currently lead by an administration that is not liberal?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join