It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Five Most Wanted Rip-off Artists from Wall Street and Washington

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 03:17 AM
link   

The Five Most Wanted Rip-off Artists from Wall Street and Washington

www.alternet.org

The source of today's pain is the same as it was in America's previous financial collapses: the unbridled greed of economic elites, enabled by their political courtesans in Washington.

This unbridling has been the long-sought goal of a cabal of deregulation ideologues who dwell in laissez-fairyland. During the past two decades, they have relentlessly pushed their economic fantasies into law.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Now Wall Street May Shun $700bn Bail-Out

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 03:17 AM
link   
I am sure every one world wide has herd more then one side of the current economic crisis. Blame this blame that its no ones fault, except for maby the little working man who lost his job and now his house. Well the source quoted here seems to do a fairly good job of laying out who caused this better then most. The key point is, the rich get richer, the poor get poorer.

www.alternet.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Great reading in that article. Now I know specifically who to be mad at, I am madder than ever.

going a little crazy here, feeling powerless
looking for what to do

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 06:27 AM
link   
I do not dispute or disagree with the article at all...but,i DO find this line VERY amusing to read,even if it may be true,the over wordyness of the whole thing...Is just a laugh...Do we REALLY need "buzz words" to explain insanities of this world!?...LOL

"cabal of deregulation ideologues who dwell in laissez-fairyland"

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 06:51 AM
link   
The article was refreshingly aggressive, something I needed oh-so very badly. It is incredibly frustrating to see the lack of accountability -- scratch that -- we're rewarding them!

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 07:11 AM
link   
There was another item I was reading this morning which got me thinking about the cover up that is going to happen.

The Bush administration is rejecting FBI pleas for more agents to investigate crimes that helped trigger the global financial meltdown, bureau sources said this week.
"They are bogged down big-time or there would be some indictments by now," said a recently retired bureau official who played a pivotal role in setting FBI policy after 9/ 11.

The FBI's response to the meltdown stands in sharp contrast to past financial crises, he said. "There are three comparable things ... the S&L crisis, corporate fraud like Enron and health care fraud. There was a clear, well-delineated effort there. I don't see it here."

The administration -- in reinventing the FBI after the 2001 terrorist attacks -- shifted about 2,400 agents from traditional crime-fighting squads to counterterrorism units, according to a Seattle P-I analysis of FBI data. At least 1,700 of those agents haven't been replaced, and the latest Bush budget continues that trend.

The P-I has chronicled the result for the past 18 months, finding a dramatic drop in the number of crimes investigated by the FBI nationwide.

An FBI official in a position to know said Thursday that efforts to keep the problem before the administration and Congress are continuing.

"People are making sure that Congress and the administration are aware of the issues we are facing," said the official, who spoke on the condition of anonymity.

He said that it is unclear how many more agents are needed to address the mortgage meltdown and related corporate fraud, because the full scope of the problem has yet to be uncovered. However, just on the basis of the current cases, the bureau needs at least 300 to 400 more agents investigating the financial crisis, the official said.

Bush's proposed budget calls for increasing FBI funding in 2009 by $451 million, to $7.1 billion. That includes funding 280 additional agents for national security programs, but adding none for criminal programs.

source

No real surprise I suppose - if you're going to bail out your friends to the tune of 700 billion + dollars, then why not hamstring the people who want to investigate them at the same time.

If an ordinary person fills out a mortgage application and puts down false details, it's called fraud.

When the friends of the bush administration do it, they get bailed out, get big bonuses, and any attempt to investigate them is impeded.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by budski

"If an ordinary person fills out a mortgage application and puts down false details, it's called fraud.

When the friends of the bush administration do it, they get bailed out, get big bonuses, and any attempt to investigate them is impeded."

Or as someone else already noted - when Bush's Wall Street buddies do it, they not only get protected...... they get rewarded!

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 07:24 AM
link   
What do you expect from the corporate ruled government we have.

You can not have the traitors of our nation making sure that is investigations against them and their masters.

Right?

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by budski

If an ordinary person fills out a mortgage application and puts down false details, it's called fraud.

When the friends of the bush administration do it, they get bailed out, get big bonuses, and any attempt to investigate them is impeded.

I think this is a very good find. Thanks so much for posting it. I really do hope those at fault are found out, and punished.

new topics

top topics

join