It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Say Goodbye to America

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 12:51 AM
link   
www.americanthinker.com...

No matter who wins Tuesday America is going to be a different country. When the sun rises on November 5, regardless of who the president-elect is, a more un-United States than has existed since the Civil War will wake to dispute the results of the disgusting campaign that has mercifully come to an end. Whoever the losers, they will believe they were cheated, and will point fingers at those they believe responsible. Almost half the nation will view the winner as illegitimate, and will do everything in their power to undermine his authority as long as he's in the White House.

I hope everyone is ready for the day or night of election!
Mcain wins i can already hear it..It was rigged.
Obama wins i hear....i wont take orders from a secret muslim that refuses to show his birth certificate.

and thus or nation is divided not made stronger.

[edit on 3-11-2008 by beforetime]

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 01:01 AM
link   
If you think we didn’t say goodbye to the America we were suppose to be from the start then you haven’t been paying attention to our history. America has never owned up to the brag sheet it gives itself. We need to say goodbye to the American mentality that our country is any more just or less corrupt than any other and we need to all work together to achieve what we were promised decades ago.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 02:02 AM
link   
If you don't like it, you need to get of your keester and do something about it.

non-participation ammounts to submission to whatever humiliations are decided for you in your absence.

The assumption is that if you just lie there whimpering, then you must enjoy what is being done to you.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 02:31 AM
link   
This thread is composed of pure idiocy and ignorance.

A secret Muslim? So being a Muslim means you are automatically an Al Qaeda?

Give me a break.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by QuetzalcoatlAlien

I think the OP was referring to the people who actually think like that. I've herd countless people say something similar to that statement. And mean it.

The premise of the post was actually; its a lose/lose situation for all in America, the way this election has be conducted, by both sides, only sets the country up for disaster. Its been so negative and polarizing that both sides may never reconcile.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 04:07 AM
link   
It is a massive shame but I think the OP is right.

Although I'm not American, I (like much of the planet) have been watching this very closely.
For months I've seen the Republicans doing their best to discredit, insinuate, insult, raise fears, cause controversy and raise suspicion.
I have no doubt that they've created a hateful mentality in politics, instead of getting on and telling the people of America what they will do to make the country (and the world) so much better, they spend their time deflecting the issues and casting doubts on their opponent.
I have not seen the same mentality from Obama, at all.

All of the polls suggest Obama has a real chance, and this is supporting the illusion that it is possible.

This is why I think that, come the results of this election, there will be millions of very upset, suspicious and disillusioned Americans.

I don't believe that Obama will be the next president. There are several ways that it could be prevented, and I think there are too many very wealthy people who's interests will not be served if he does become the president.

And when he doesn't, those who have spent the last few months hoping for real change and a new America will feel cheated and robbed.

I'll certainly be watching America very closely this week.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by beforetime
www.americanthinker.com...

I hope everyone is ready for the day or night of election!
Mcain wins i can already hear it..It was rigged.
Obama wins i hear....i wont take orders from a secret muslim that refuses to show his birth certificate.

and thus or nation is divided not made stronger.

Goodbye America? There's no America to say goodbye to, at least in terms of something to get sentimental over.

I know it hurts some Americans to face up to it, but America isn't really any different than anywhere else. I know you've all been raised to love your country and think in terms of 'USA = #1' and that it's some semi-mythological utopia but really, it's not that different from most of the Western world in that we all get shafted by lying, scamming governments who are in bed with big corporations. It's been like that for many generations before any of us on here were actually born. To think it's ever been different in any of our lifetimes - in America or elsewhere - is pretty foolish.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 08:26 AM
link   
At this very moment i look at my 1 year old son .
am i suppose to tell him one day you can become president .

i have to tell him remember 3 things you can become president.
Say "Change" allot when you speak
Say "Hope" it get's people excited
And when anyone disagrees with your idea of how America should be ran have people say "Racist's" Or"Mcbush"
That is the key to become president of the united states of America.
No real skills needed or background.

They way the democratic party and people went after joe the plumber was beyond crazy.
background check's..police report's..tax paper's...

Yet have you seen obama college grade's?
Original birth certificate.
Adoption paper's from his Indonesian step father,.
list goes on.

Either way it looks bad on America because we are so dead set on 1 man changing us..
When we have to want change..WE ARE THE PEOPLE..not we are obama's people or mcains.
And trust me we are letting this election divide us more than half understand or care.

BTW i voted independent...
No way i could vote for obama..to shady to let me put my family's life in his hands.
Mcain i cant vote simply because he is old..i know its cruel to say...we will all get old one day.
But palin is not ready to be president.

But it is funny how i can say palin is not experienced enough in my opinion.
But some think obama is...they are 2 sides of the same coin.
If you can see my point.

Yes either way America is in trouble i say everyone should prepare for the worse.
"A ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure"
And i know America pretty good..i say don't even go out election night the 4th or 5th..lock yourself in your house.

Why risk it ?

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Take a look at this thread I made a couple of years ago that didn't get much attention. I think it fits with the potential problems we may soon be facing.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 08:52 AM
link   
quoteing from that great philosopher, the late george carlin, "this country have been bought and paid for a long time ago"

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 08:53 AM
link   
I really don't see any difference between the two candidates. They are both puppets. The two parties are nothing more than one snake with two heads. It doesn't matter which head you pet, you will still get bit.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by darkelf

Thank you for that, and for saving me having to type it!!!

It wouldn't matter if Captain James T Kirk was elected to the position of President of the United States. Christ, it could be Gumby, with Pokey as vice president and it wouldn't make a lick of difference.

Anyone who seriously believes that the president is more than a sock puppet for the PTB really needs to give it a shake.

I'm sorry if that sounds crass and nasty, and I apologize if it offends anyone, but there's really no other way to say it.

A whole whack of dough gets spent once every four years to give everyone the illusion that whomever they vote for will make some sort of difference when, really, the road has already been paved.

that's my take . . .

new topics

top topics

join