It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Civil Unrest Related to Election Results?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 11:52 PM
link   
With a record number of americans predicted to turn out on Nov.4th (est. as high as 150million) there is bound to be a huge number of voters that will be very happy with the results and a nearly equal number of very unhappy voters.

A friend I will call "Joe the voter" informed me that he and his wife have both scheduled Nov. 4th and 5th off from work. Both want to spend the 4th watching the election results unfold. Joe wants to keep Nov. 5th open to celebrate a victory, or spend the day in a depression induced stupor if things do not go his way.

His wife is taking Nov. 5th off for different reasons, she feels that no matter who wins there will be trouble and civil unrest and that there will be tens of millions that will be overly excited about a victory or defeat, with the winners celebrating in the streets and the losers protesting and claiming fraud.

This seems a bit extreme to me but, I can see a segment of the population not accepting a black President if Obamah wins, and a number of African and white Americans believing racism is alive and well if McCain wins. This coupled with what has become a near hatered between many Republicans and Democrats, the abortion issue, the economic issues, etc. could posibly lead to a large number of very, very unhappy voters wanting to voice there opinions in a rather dramatic fashion.

How invested are you in this election, and how effected will you be with a victory or defeat?

What are your predictions? life as normal? or possible civil unrest?

[edit on 3-11-2008 by deepred]

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 12:12 AM
link   
staying inside all next week just in case anything goes wonky. don't expect it around here but better safe than sorry.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 12:32 AM
link   
I'm not worried at all about what happens due to this election. I am more worried about these same people when they finally realize that it makes no difference who gets into office.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 12:33 AM
link   
I don't think this election is going to trigger "race wars".

I'm thinking that most Americans are more mature than that now days, as is shown by the number of caucasian voters willing to vote for obama. If anything was going to happen race wise, I'm sure we'd see a firm divide on who's voting for each candidate.

I'm more willing to believe that we will only see unrest if the election results appear to be tampered with... or the election looks obviously stolen.

Yah, I'm sure McCanites will say Obama rigged the election, and Obamanites will say that McCain rigged it... this has happened ever since the 2000 election... The motivating factor will be if it looks so obviously swayed, (McCain wins by 75%, Obama wins 400+ electoral votes, something of the like).

If the election is rigged or stolen again this year, I don't see Americans sitting idly by... regardless of political affiliation.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Velvet Death

With a good T.V. and a bag of popcorn it could be a very interesting week.

Wondering if anyone has heard about increased police activity or increased security anywhere? Maybe college campuses?

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 12:44 AM
link   
You guys might want to take a look at this www.abovetopsecret.com...'

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 12:55 AM
link   
WOW! Thanks for the link. Maybe "Jill the voter" is not as paranoid as I thought she was.I have not seen any media coverage on this, wonder why?

new topics

top topics

join