It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are aliens creating homosexuals and bisexuals?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by cognoscente

That was about the most ignorant post i've read to date. If you would have read this whole thread, then you would know. I have not singled out any sex. If you feel otherwise, then that is your own thoughts bringing you to your own speculation.

This is not about anyone's choice of lifestyle. I don't discriminate. Yes, it was a proposed question. All of our lifes journeys are all about questions that we do not have answers to. Nobody here can tell us where we come from or where we are going. If you think other, then maybe you should look in the mirror at your own god complex. We have been having a intellectual conversation about an idea. If this "idea" is too much for you, than maybe you should find another thread although you are welcome here.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by jokei

I just proposed this thread where I felt I needed to. If any mods would like to move it, feel free to do so.

If the thoughts that run through my head are too much for you, then so be it. Now it feel as if my thoughts are being "judged". What's the difference between judging someone's thoughts against their lifestyle?

[edit on 3-11-2008 by malignant_tumor]

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 10:00 PM
link   
In no way was I judging you, I'm fairly confident your op wasn't too much for me, I'm just seeking clarification and would respectfully ask that you address the points I have made.

Although I do feel that to some degree you are biased as you have stated homosexuality/bisexuality and not taken into account the possibility for lesbian self-reproduction...

Please be aware that I'm not here to judge, I would just like some clarification on your thoughts, if possible.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by jokei

I see where the confusion is lying, and I do apologise.

When I meant Homosexual. I meant male and female.

Almost creating a single sex of humans. I am sorry again. I didn't see it myself. Like I said I wasn't discriminating. I hope you understand and everybody for that matter.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by malignant_tumor
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

Again, for the last time. Asexual reproduction is not about masturbation or having sex with yourself. Please let it go. I do like the contribution to the thread.

I know that! And neither is homosexuality!! That is WHY I am asking you how you are connecting homosexuality to asexual reproduction. Christ.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by malignant_tumor
This is not about anyone's choice of lifestyle. I don't discriminate. Yes, it was a proposed question. All of our lifes journeys are all about questions that we do not have answers to. Nobody here can tell us where we come from or where we are going. If you think other, then maybe you should look in the mirror at your own god complex. We have been having a intellectual conversation about an idea. If this "idea" is too much for you, than maybe you should find another thread although you are welcome here.

Look, firstly you didn't even read my post, or attempt at understanding it. Just because I exclaimed how riddled your post was with ignorance, doesn't mean you should discredit my own. Maybe I jumped the gun a little on that psychoanalysis of mine, but after the first reading of your original post, I could only ascertain as to your political motivation. It was just really hard to understand whether or not you were here to discuss the biological implications, or economic, or whatever regarding homosexuality, or if it was simply politically motivated. It really was. And you know because other people were confused, not just me. You have to at least make an attempt at producing a serious first post. And I admit I have to probably sift through everything first, and at least attempt at trying to understand what the other person is saying beyond just his words alone. Just take a second to contemplate what it is I said, beyond the emotion I know you undoubtedly feel. I made an attempt at addressing your idea below, but I still have no idea what it is you are trying to say.

reply to post by malignant_tumor

So you gave us a definition of asexuality. I'm pretty sure no one here is confused about what that is. I do admit I see the benefit of such a mechanism, especially for a starfaring civilization, where interstellar forces will assuredly provide a host of challenges to any human being or colony. The ability to reproduce one's own genetic material would be essential if you are all alone. Perhaps one could extract organic materials from their immediate psychical environment, and synthesize a random set of the required amount of chromosomes for normal reproduction. This would be transplanted into the uterus that all "super humans" will undoubtedly have, and induce pregnancy. They will also all be women. You wouldn't need men for such an endeavor. You could perhaps code that characteristic out of the genome itself.

There are so many gaping holes everywhere. You have to connect them, man.

So what is it exactly you're saying? Will homosexuality presumably lead to the evolution of asexual characteristics in human beings? I don't see how that's probable. However, if all men stopped pursuing women, and instead engaged in sexual activity with other males exclusively, it might seem plausible that such an event would lead to selective pressures on the female population to reproduce asexually. The only way this could possibly happen, though, would be through the absolute conversion of all heterosexual males to homosexuality. This would provide a physical barrier, a selective pressure for females to develop some type of organ or method to reproduce asexually. The most practical way to do this I think would be technologically. Any sufficiently functional organ would take much too long to develop if such an event were to occur. But then of course the only way for them to develop some asexual reproductive mechanism would be through random genetic mutation. And by then, everyone on Earth would be dead.

So the future evolutionary direction of humans, I think, will lie in our technological ability alone, and not through the natural biological processes. If asexuality is a necessary step to take our species out into the cosmos, then I think it should be pursued, and science should afford some research into the matter.

[edit on 3-11-2008 by cognoscente]

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

I don't know, that's why I am asking these questions. Homosexuals and LESBIANS. The body learning a way to self replicate. I don't know how to explain what I am thinking to YOU any further. That's why others are participating. No anger intended here. Isn't this a forum where we can all take thoughts and gather them and sift out the crap and take some value out it all?

Isn't word play amognst us all how we learn. Even the most craziest ideas were debated to actually create some knowledge.

Wasn't it crazy to think we could fly? I think a bunch of collective minds thought that out and made it happen. I'm now saying this should happen. But that's how it's done.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Maybe even to better clarify more. I once saw this show on cable. Can't remember the channel. It was about a couple that was born homosexual and lesbian but then they were homosexual and lesbian against it all and had sex change operations to create what they needed to be happy. In other words.

One was born a man, but gay, but had the characteristics of a women, so then turned into a women through surgery.
The other was born a women, but gay but had the characteristics of a man, so then had surgery to turn into a man through surgery.

They then married as man and wife.

I think i'm going to have a seizure thinking about it all.

Will we all become the same sex at some time and learn to reproduce that way?

[edit on 3-11-2008 by malignant_tumor]

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Here, read my above post again and tell me what you think. Starting with "So you gave us a definition of asexuality..."

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   

I've read your post and appreciate your thoughts. But really haven't paid much attention since you discredit your thought of aliens not having anything to do with it.

If you don't agree with the proposed situation or coversation, then so be it. The topic isn't for discrediting because there is nothing to discredit. This is only an idea for an open mind to it. And again as I have stated, it's about humans creating one sex through alien contact. It's far out there yes, just don't take yourself or the thread to heart man.

Could it all happen? You don't know. Either do I.

It doesn't do anyone any harm to talk about it.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Then again, all of you thinking I mean only men by my using the word homosexual all seem to think that I mean only men.

Make yourself less ignorant and look up the definition of homosexual.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 11:01 PM
link   
The thing is with your post, you're examining a situation that isn't within any flexible parameter of intellectual discussion. In order to even participate we are forced to hold some things as absolute certainty. You can't even acknowledge my ideas simply because I refuse to accept the role of aliens in this "scenario". This doesn't bring us anywhere as a community. Even some pragmatically fruitless concepts in physics, such as dark energy and string theory are explored to their limits, and there are great amounts of research and study dedicated to those fields, because they know time invested might yield positive results for the scientific community as a whole, providing something more valuable than any actual result. But from this we just can't possibly grow. All we can do is provide some basic speculation as to the probability of such an event even occurring, and then at best draw a few inconclusive conclusions about nothing in particular. You don't even need aim for this stuff; just close your eyes, cover them with blindfold and you'll sure to hit your target dead on.

I understand the need for a place to engage in alternative discussion and to do so uninhibited but at ATS we try not draw up ideas based on simple whims and "probable improbabilities" such as this. I'm sorry but the argument that just because you aren't certain something doesn't exist, means it surely must somewhere is totally insufficient for the purposes of this board. I'll say it again. This belongs in Below Top Secret.

I'm sorry I apologized and even attempted to participate. Well, that's not fair. I didn't really make a positive attempt, but then again I feel I wasn't required to. Berating is more my thing.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Thank you again.

Also, thank you to your long explanation of why this thread should be moved.

And you ask why this doesn't bring us together as a community?

Seemed like everyone here was having a rather interesting conversation until you came along and started throwing eggs at us all. All by meaning the people that have participated in this thread in a productive manner. If you dont' like the topic then leave my friend. Simple as that. Leave the moderation to the moderators. If they feel it as nonsense and need to move it, then so be it. Until then, please enjoy your evening.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 11:20 PM
link   

sorry for the one line post... I should know better... but:

no...

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Odessy

Thanks.

That seems a more logical answer than cognoscente's post.

Again, the idea and thought that I had last night was an idea that's all. Not trying to convince anyone otherwise.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by baseball101

it's gotta be the aliens, i mean God created Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve....

Woah, woah, woah! Let's not bring Steve into this!

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 11:40 PM
link   
This is starting to be derailed fast.

And I'm guilty of the same thing.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by baseball101
it's gotta be the aliens, i mean God created Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve....

woah .. did you come up with that one all on your lonesome?
naw.. you read it on some extremist christian forum poster's sig or wait no you heard it at the nascar tailgate bbq...
clevvvverr..

anyway...
I think the more obvious answer for estrogen raising chemicals in the drinking supply is to severely subdue the level of aggression in males,
making for a more easily controlled less challenging "herd".
simple.
not aliens.
water departments.

-

[edit on 3-11-2008 by prevenge]

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 11:50 PM
link   
with the rising demand for homosexuals in the female population, i wouldn't try to blame aliens for gay men. I am friends with aliens and they do seem gay just not attracted to humans too often.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 11:51 PM
link   

lol at least your taking your own thoughts with a grain of salt.
I think of some crazy things too.
I have to say, never this, but crazy non the less.
I dont hold anything against you.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join