It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Increasing Military Activity?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I realize we are at war on two fronts and I grant you I live within 30 miles of a Camp Gruber, Oklahoma. However, as of late I have noted an increase in Blackhawks and Chinooks flying directly over our small town.

Tonight, a blackhawk flew within a few miles of my house hauling but toward Chafee I am guessing.

My question, is anyone else noting an increase in military activity? Is it something to do with the election? Just curious, not paranoid.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Could be that since Tinker is in Central Oklahoma what you saw was a pilot getting his hours in. They don't only fly in war zones.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by jd140
Could be that since Tinker is in Central Oklahoma what you saw was a pilot getting his hours in. They don't only fly in war zones.

sorry, people but the OP is right, there has been an increase in the military activity in the state of Oklahoma. There is more than just Tinker in Oklahoma. Not to mention that a once Nuclear command center is showing signs of being active again in western Oklahoma.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 07:30 AM
link   

I live in NE OK. I am 350 miles from Tinker and 100 miles from Tulsa ANG. I stated quite clearly that I thought they were en route to Chaffee, Arkansas. That being said, I have lived in Oklahoma most of my life, aside from a year in CA, six months in NV, a year in Tx, and three months in WA. I have traveled extensively, both for leisure and work. So, I'm not some hick livin' in dem dar woods scared of da gubament.

Now that I have that off my chest. I have seen a great deal of military activity around Camp Gruber over the years. However, this is the first time I have seen such aggressive flying over our towns. Wagoner, Tahlequah, Muskogee, Fort Gibson, friends in all of these towns report the same thing. Black Hawks and Chinooks flying in big convoys.

I also have an unconfirmed report that 5 blackhawks touched down briefly in a field outside of the small community of Marble City. There is no nearby military reserve. It was at night. And the person who told me this said, her husband, a vet, approached a soldier who got out of the helicopter. The young man, gripping an M4, walked to him and said, "You need to leave this area immediately!"
When he stated, "This is my field." The soldier replied,"Take it up with my sergeant! Now, get the f---- out of here!"

He was more than 50 yards from the choppers, so I do not think it was a safety issue. Of course, this tale is unsubstantiated. However, I have seen the groups of helicopters with my own two eyes. So, it has some credibility.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 07:33 AM
link   
I hate to spread the F.U.D. but last night, here in north GA, at least one miltary helicopter flew low and slow over the ATL suburbs heading north at 3:00 a.m. this morning.

Why!? It's the hour that perplexes me.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 07:37 AM
link   
People I live in souther Ga and my husband works in our local military base and I have not seen any thing yet.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Yes increased activity starting about 2 weeks ago. I mentioned in another thread about air activity that they were also blackhawks.

A lot of police choppers lately too.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   
New Fiscal Year. A lot of commands have money again so they're flying more. They fly a lot at the begining and end of the Fiscal Year. If they don't use all their money up, they get less the following year. So they save a little bit and fly a lot at the end of the year to make sure they use it all up. The Year just started, so they're flying a lot again. People get used to seeing them not flying through the middle of the year that when they start flying again they think it's a sign of something to come.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
New Fiscal Year. A lot of commands have money again so they're flying more. They fly a lot at the begining and end of the Fiscal Year. If they don't use all their money up, they get less the following year. So they save a little bit and fly a lot at the end of the year to make sure they use it all up. The Year just started, so they're flying a lot again. People get used to seeing them not flying through the middle of the year that when they start flying again they think it's a sign of something to come.

Reasonable.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by traderjack

I live in NE OK. I am 350 miles from Tinker and 100 miles from Tulsa ANG. I stated quite clearly that I thought they were en route to Chaffee, Arkansas. That being said, I have lived in Oklahoma most of my life, aside from a year in CA, six months in NV, a year in Tx, and three months in WA. I have traveled extensively, both for leisure and work. So, I'm not some hick livin' in dem dar woods scared of da gubament.

Now that I have that off my chest. I have seen a great deal of military activity around Camp Gruber over the years. However, this is the first time I have seen such aggressive flying over our towns. Wagoner, Tahlequah, Muskogee, Fort Gibson, friends in all of these towns report the same thing. Black Hawks and Chinooks flying in big convoys.

I also have an unconfirmed report that 5 blackhawks touched down briefly in a field outside of the small community of Marble City. There is no nearby military reserve. It was at night. And the person who told me this said, her husband, a vet, approached a soldier who got out of the helicopter. The young man, gripping an M4, walked to him and said, "You need to leave this area immediately!"
When he stated, "This is my field." The soldier replied,"Take it up with my sergeant! Now, get the f---- out of here!"

He was more than 50 yards from the choppers, so I do not think it was a safety issue. Of course, this tale is unsubstantiated. However, I have seen the groups of helicopters with my own two eyes. So, it has some credibility.

Relax buddy. I grew up in Noble Oklahoma before I joined the Army, so I'm not saying you are a hick. Like the guy above said, new fiscal year. That means they can play more.

As for the guy in the field. I really doubt it happened that way, if it happened at all. Lets say it did happen, he shouldn't have started to approach it to begin with, the junior enlisted soldier did good.

The military isn't out to get you or anyone else, so no worries. Let us train so that we don't get killed in the war.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Relax buddy. I grew up in Noble Oklahoma before I joined the Army, so I'm not saying you are a hick. Like the guy above said, new fiscal year. That means they can play more.

As for the guy in the field. I really doubt it happened that way, if it happened at all. Lets say it did happen, he shouldn't have started to approach it to begin with, the junior enlisted soldier did good.

The military isn't out to get you or anyone else, so no worries. Let us train so that we don't get killed in the war.

I am relaxed. However, I do not believe that all soldiers are these benevolent folks that just want to be my friend. I have seen videos and photos of National Guard and darkwater types taking guns away from citizens. I am around many former and current Marines and soldiers and I think it is a 50/50 split on how well they can be trusted.

The problem is the assumption that our soldiers love of family and friends will kick in before they start jackbooting. I think that is naive to say the least.

Soldiers and Marines are indoctrinated. Heck, talk to a soldier or Marine that is active. Many of them actually believe Saddam and Iraq had something to do with 9/11.

These folks follow orders, plain and simple.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 11:07 AM
link   
No need to talk to a soldier or a marine. I am a soldier. We are taught to follow orders as long as they are constitutional and does not impede on the geneva convention. Of course a few may follow blindly, but that might be one percent of the military. The rest know what is right and wrong and follow orders accordingly. So again, relax, the military is in place to protect you. We aren't going to come knock on your door and place you under arrest or shoot you for fun.

The National Guard is made up of civilians who play soldier, I doubt most know what a lawful order is. Comparing the National Guard or Reserves to active duty soldiers isn't really fair.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Here in the portland oregon area DOD was doing urban sieze and attack excercises in downtown portland, over population. And training to breach doors that were qoute un qoute barakated by citizen rebels. Wierd huh? Put that together with all the talks of camps and with the preperation openly discussed by the media for civil unrest and I think we have a clue as to whats coming.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   

No need to talk to a soldier or a marine. I am a soldier. We are taught to follow orders as long as they are constitutional and does not impede on the geneva convention. Of course a few may follow blindly, but that might be one percent of the military. The rest know what is right and wrong and follow orders accordingly. So again, relax, the military is in place to protect you. We aren't going to come knock on your door and place you under arrest or shoot you for fun.

The National Guard is made up of civilians who play soldier, I doubt most know what a lawful order is. Comparing the National Guard or Reserves to active duty soldiers isn't really fair.

I neither want nor need your protection. If Russia, China, or some other foreign power were invading, then yes, I would expect our Nation's soldiers to step up. However, I would do that myself.

If you really gave to spits about our country, you and your fellow soldiers, would be on the US border stopping drug dealers and potential terrorists instead of 'defending' us from those mean, old Iraqis. Oh, and Afghanistan, would already be a done deal. And don't give me that absurd nonsense about, "the brass won't let us win." If that's the case, perhaps you need to question your damned orders.

Please note: My great-grandmother, Juanita, was born in a small town 20 miles north of Mexico City, so spare me the racist comments. Most legally immigrated Americans of Mexican descent are opposed to illegal aliens migrating to the US.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 09:58 PM
link   

I neither want nor need your protection. If Russia, China, or some other foreign power were invading, then yes, I would expect our Nation's soldiers to step up. However, I would do that myself.

If you really gave to spits about our country, you and your fellow soldiers, would be on the US border stopping drug dealers and potential terrorists instead of 'defending' us from those mean, old Iraqis. Oh, and Afghanistan, would already be a done deal. And don't give me that absurd nonsense about, "the brass won't let us win." If that's the case, perhaps you need to question your damned orders.

Please note: My great-grandmother, Juanita, was born in a small town 20 miles north of Mexico City, so spare me the racist comments. Most legally immigrated Americans of Mexican descent are opposed to illegal aliens migrating to the US.

And it finally comes out. You are anti troops and anti war. Thats ok, there are alot of your kind out there. Now that I see the truth I'm done here. Hopefully one day you will change your mind. If not, good luck defending yourself against the Russians or Chinease if it comes to that.

new topics

top topics

join