It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Wants 'Price Signals' to 'Change Behavior'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Video

During an interview on Iowa Public TV in 2007, Sen Obama advocated sending “price signals” to middle class consumers in order to “change their behavior.”

“Price signals” are code words for punitive taxes and fees. Welcome to the U.S.S.A

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I am sick and outraged that this wasn't in the MSM when Obama first became a serious contender! This should be all over the news!

Obama as POTUS would be the worst thing in the world for our country.

Jemison

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 09:49 PM
link   
At this point, I dont think Obama's presidency will last long if he is elected. There is so much bagage this man has hidden that eventually something will come up leading to impeachment. Not only that, but he very well could create baggage.

Wasn't it Bill Clinton that said Obama was the likes of a typical crooked Chicago Politician? I know the quote itself was far nastier than what im recalling.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 10:02 PM
link   
So now it's Price Signals.

That way while the middle class sits in the dark, while the people on welfare sit with the heat and lights on. I don't see his term lasting long. I think something will come out that will force him to resign.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 10:30 PM
link   
All we can do is hope for the best. Our 2 party political system needs to be scrubbed for something different. I'd say at least 3 parties all guaranteed equal air time on all major networks and news channels. Everyone should be FORCED to take public financing or something similar to that. Everyone should have the same amount of money at their disposal in a presidential campaign. No longer should they be able to take money from companies and other agencies. It should ALWAYS be about the people...ALWAYS.

I'd like to vote for a third party but they don't have a realistic chance of winning. Something needs to be done to get another party some media. We need more options.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 10:32 PM
link   
My thoughts are these... If he is President, the Dems will follow him in step for about two years, then they will start to lose seats to the Republicans (or HOPEFULLY) some other party. Then they will start to distant themselves, except the die hards. They will blame everyone-but themselves. Obama will be a one term President, and the Nation will not Elect an Inexperianced (relatively) young President for a 100 years.

I hope that he is not President- I can not afford for him to raise my taxes or anything else. I am a single guy that bought my first house three years ago and if he raises taxes- My American Dream will slip through the cracks.

(did I drift off topic?)

new topics

top topics

join