It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Preemptive ATS Strategies For A Smooth Election Day(s)

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Great idea amigos. Gotta keep law and order somehow.. Though, I don't think the winner is going to be too much of a surprise to many.

Originally posted by hinky
online riots and looting?

LOOTING! I've had my eye on one of those ATS embroidered caps for a while now.. Gonna grab some of those in all available colors, a clock, and any TV's that are just sitting around (as they usually are during looting scenarios)....

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 11:17 PM
link   
i fifth a combined obama/mccain thread.
but keep both separate threads as well so members have a fallback retreat to lick their wounds in.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 11:25 PM
link   
2004 was orderly enough; 2008 will be no less orderly.
These are good ideas to keep the hysteria corralled. Even more important, these threads will serve for perfect archival coverage of the election, making it easy to go back at some point in the future. Few people realize how useful minute-by-minute, realtime coverage of a major event is until they want to revisit that time a year or five later.

Originally posted by justme2
LOOTING! I've had my eye on one of those ATS embroidered caps for a while now.. Gonna grab some of those in all available colors, a clock, and any TV's that are just sitting around (as they usually are during looting scenarios)....

I'm taking the myATS button and SO's cape the first chance I get.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by TheRedneck

As usual, I'm in agreement with The Redneck. He needs to get a star for the suggestion.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 12:46 AM
link   
The single consolidated thread will only work if both the Obama/Biden and McCain/Palin threads exist as well. This third thread would serve as a mediator to biased trolling on either of those other two threads. It would also distribute the population of posters to a greater degree, reducing conflict, as most will tend to stick to one of the three threads.

It would have a distributive effect on the number of posters, reducing arbitrary conflict, a mediating effect on the content of those posts, and an informational consolidation effect, providing an organized locale for posters who are incapable of adapting their position on the entire issue into either of the initial two threads, which are likely to form biased political camps.

[edit on 3-11-2008 by cognoscente]

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 03:43 AM
link   
reply to post by cognoscente

I wonder if the two separate threads idea was just because we apparently can't even discuss new (non-partisan) rules in effect for election day without bait being dropped and bitten.

I don't know, maybe a non-partisan thread could work, but I think the guidelines would have to be incredibly tight, and would have to include not biting as well as not baiting.

In that spirit, can I suggest two things?:

1) Dig out the best "how to be a good ATSer" threads and sticky them somewhere prominent (or somewheres - maybe links in the header ad space even)

2) Add (in boldface or colored text) a reminder to the new post and new thread pages that guidelines are extra stringent just for a couple days, please be absolutely sure you're not baiting or biting before hitting "post"

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 06:14 AM
link   
I respectfully add in my vote for a combined thread. As someone not terribly pro Obama/Biden OR McCain/Palin I'd love to be able to discuss the results without coming off as a troll to either forum.

I still think we need the separate forums for each, but a combined one would be nice.

Thanks for the hard work team! You're great!

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 07:16 AM
link   
I'm going to go against the grain (big surprise) and say that I agree with the idea of segregated threads. Here's why. We've had plenty of opportunity to discuss both candidates. This is for the ELECTION. Voting.

The segregated threads aren't necessarily PRO-Obama or PRO-McCain, but just related to the Election Results and Polls.

The last thread above (Mud & Mayhem, 2008 Campaign Final Days) can be used to discuss general subjects about both (or all) candidates.

Just one person's opinion.

Thanks to SO and the team for putting up with us crazy people!

[edit on 3-11-2008 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Sounds good to me, a centralization of the days events. I do not see it as atsmartiallaw... am I missing something?

Anyway, better for me as I can find all of the best information all in one location.

Hang on to your hats my friends, this is going to get crazy!~

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I understand the need for all this since alot of people still labor under the dillusion that their vote actually counts.

[edit on 113030p://0526 by mike dangerously]

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
So this is like ATS declaring Martial Law isn't it? ..

Oh geez.. I knew I shouldn't have let my guard down with the Amigos.. now I'm going to have to make a thread about this! .. And certainly there is a conspiracy involved in this.. conditioning us for the real martial law to come!!

Rockpuck, Rockpuck!! What's up, home . . .

Hey, I want to ask you this: There would be those special forums set for those couple of feeding frenzy days. But I don't know which forum will track the movement of the National Guard, or inform where the fires are still burning and looting going on. In other words, where are you going to share your President Obama celebration experience from the place you live?

Thanks.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 11:52 AM
link   
heh...

Since I have so much apparent backup for my idea, I want to be clear I am suggesting a non-partisan thread in addition to the partisan ones. Not in place of.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Yes this is good.
Except to set this country right every presidential and senate and
congressional candidate should be interviewed and quizzed on how
much they know about Tesla and Free Energy and how they must
deny the Illuminati.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

SO, I'm just curious, are we now officially under the new rules?

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 03:47 AM
link   
I'm in favour of having dedicated, "official" threads for what will be very high-volume discussions. But I have to agree with TheRedneck and those supporting his opinion. It seems very reasonable to have a "combined" thread as well as the two separate ones.

However, as the ATS.com 2008 Presidential Poll results show 32% of all votes being for third-party candidates, why will there not be a special thread for "Third Party" results and discussions? Does this mean that, having obtained these Poll results, the opinions of almost one third of the ATS membership (who voted) are basically going to be ignored? Having no special thread for third party votes certainly implies that. I find that puzzling, especially as the "third party"choice received more votes than the McCain/Palin ticket!

As with virtually all U.S. Presidential elections, the outcome of this one is of great importance not only to Americans, but also to many people in other parts of the world. The United States of America has enormous influence in so many areas, and that's the main reason we are interested in the outcome. But besides the two main parties, having an insight into the votes the "third parties" obtain is also of interest as it helps us to better understand the way that U.S. citizens see things within their country from a political perspective. Frankly the U.S. has one of the best systems in the world for choosing its leaders: fixed terms (and a fixed number of terms), set voting days, a two-house legislature... Okay so it ain't perfect, but it's a lot better than many countries have (mine included). But as I said, it would be helpful for everyone, I think, to have a special thread for "third party" candidates and those who have an interest in them.

[edit on 4/11/08 by JustMike]

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Your humble ATS member, infinite, has been so kind and created a thread for us to post live results as they come in. If we all work hard enough, we might even get declarations before the MSM.

Plus, this thread will help move all discussion (regarding results) into a single area. Two declarations have occurred already:

US Election: Results as they come in" target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow">US Election: Results as they come in

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by infinite

Infinite, do you have a better link? The one you gave is not working :-(

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by CeltAngel

Sure (no idea why it was broken)

US Election: Results as they come in

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 09:07 AM
link   
It's great to know that ATS is armed and ready to fight Political Speech! Political Speech is very dangerous, and needs to be monitored very closely.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 10:48 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join