It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Preemptive ATS Strategies For A Smooth Election Day(s)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 09:33 PM
link   
For those who were with us back in November of 2004, you'll remember the massive amount of traffic and posts we had on election day. And very recently, the "Galactic Federal of Light" topics on October 14th provided a bit of insight into the potential turmoil that is due to hit our board in a couple short days.

In order to ensure that everything runs smoothly here at AboveTopSecret.com, which includes maintaining a logical sense of order in discussion threads for the collaborative conversations of our members, as well as the reading enjoyment of our visitors, we're taking a few preemptive steps for November 4th and 5th.

Beginning on the Morning of November 4th, Election Day

All threads related to the election, even topics inspired by mainstream news sources, must be within the Decision 2008 Forum. If you're posting a news article, please use the same guidelines used for the Alternative Breaking News Forum. This rule will continue until midnight (EST) November 5th.

New Official Threads Opened On November 4th

We will launch a selection of new threads that should be utilized for comments and observations during the two days. They will be...

2008 Election Irregularities & Fraud: Use for reports of voting problems, fraudulent purges, and speculation of fraudulent votes.

McCain Election Results: Use for running commentary on reports of exit polls and official results as the polls close, as it relates to the McCain/Palin ticket. (The thread subject line will be revised by staff as needed to reflect the nature of the results.)

Obama Election Results: Use for running commentary on reports of exit polls and official results as the polls close, as it relates to the Obama/Biden ticket. (The thread subject line will be revised by staff as needed to reflect the nature of the results.)

Regional Election Results: Use for running commentary on reports of exit polls and official results as the polls close, as it relates to important regional elections that may effect the balance of power in Washington.

Mud & Mayhem, 2008 Campaign Final Days: Use for commentary on the late-breaking news reports, quotes, and ads that cover the candidates typical rise in focused rhetoric and "mud slinging" typical of the final hours of a campaign. (This thread will be opened on November 2nd.)

RULES FOR NEW MEMBER THREADS

During the 48 hours of November 4th & 5th (as defined by EST), no new threads initiated by members will be allowed in the Decision 2008 Forum unless it meets one of the follow guidelines:

1) Provides link & snippet to mainstream news source covering an important election development not previously covered in one of the election threads.

2) Provides link & snippet to a political blog covering election irregularities from a first-person verified source (no rumors... rumors of irregularities should be discussed in one of the official threads.)

3) Provides link & commentary to a video showing election irregularities not previously covered in one of the election threads.

During periods of fast-breaking and vital news events, the ATS membership has proven time and again to be an unparalleled source of timely information, opinion, and insightful speculation. This election has all the ingredients to be one hell-of-a day with a myriad of conflicting reports, exaggerations, mud-slinging, and concern over election fraud. But also as we've seen from time to time, fast-breaking and complex stories can also turn ATS into a confusing mess for a brief period.

Our goal is to do our best to anticipate what will be a historic day for the country, the Internet, and ATS with some clear guidelines and direction to help everyone stay focused as best as possible.

Good luck... we may need it.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Would it be presumptive of me to suggest a balanced thread for election results? Not everyone is definitely pro-Obama or pro-McCain. Why force everyone who wishes to discuss the results into one of those two molds?

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Very good SO. I'm sure that the election will be intersting to say the least and this will be important in keeping the board open for all the member's use. It will certainly be the first place I'd turn in the event of apparent fraud or God forbid some kind of assassination attempt like some have predicted.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRedneck

I agree. Can we have one thread to analyze the actual election results as they come in? If not, we are going to be going back and forth to the McCain and Obama threads, discussing the same things twice.

Wouldn't it be easier to consolidate in one place??

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 09:38 PM
link   
So this is like ATS declaring Martial Law isn't it? ..

Oh geez.. I knew I shouldn't have let my guard down with the Amigos.. now I'm going to have to make a thread about this! .. And certainly there is a conspiracy involved in this.. conditioning us for the real martial law to come!!

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 09:42 PM
link   
This board is gonna BLOW on election day.

Well, I hope everyone gets their guy, and if not, isn't depressed by the results.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 09:43 PM
link   
just to beat the crowd
before the commies take the country in totality
I am vested in me and mine

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by LAUGHING-CAT

Democrats aren't communists. Where'd you get that idea from?

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Having a bad day, again.
so I will recuse meself.
That having been said, and you all knew I was going to go on, Obama is not the anti christ, he is an agent of the anti christ.
listen to him talk, he has no answers, he answers questions with conundrums.
Talks in circles.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 09:54 PM
link   
And, the preemptive announcement of the preemptive strategies brings on the same bickering.

I'll be so glad when the election is over....

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by LAUGHING-CAT

That's the way we all feel about George W Bush. Relax. No US President will be the anti-christ. I think if anyone is the anti-christ it will be some Russian President.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

dead kenedy's

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Im with the redneck on this one. I dont want to be stuck in a pro obama board, but i dont want to also be seen as a troll on the pro mccain board... Any chance at a neutral board?

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by skeptic1

don't care about the resulting casualties of war, I gave my pound. I want the results I gave my pound for.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

That's 3 of us that want a combined election thread.

I just think that if we don't have that, then tempers will be worse, frustration will be worse, and dissention will be worse. Plus, twice the work, twice the effort, and twice the work of the Mods trying to patrol both boards. I think one thread for the results would be better.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I'd almost just say shut it down for a day or so, so people can write from passion and not anger for losing.

Perform some needed maintenance for 24 hours or so, I can live that long with coming here.

Otherwise, can you really have online riots and looting?

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

This board isn't pro-Obama or pro-McCain. It's a conspiracy site.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 10:06 PM
link   
I like the idea of a general political discussion forum for the election. It can turn in to a big flam fest quick but I have faith in the ATS membership that they will not let it get out of hand with there quick whit and talented posting. I hope everyone will keep it in a professional and civil manner. For now I will keep my view on both sides of race to myself and see you all in Decision 08 forum.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 10:07 PM
link   

I fourth that idea. One giant board or one for meshing them together. Unless Skeptic Overlord has thought something else through that we have not?

[edit on 2-11-2008 by Unlimitedpossibilities]

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 10:07 PM
link   
ATS users are fairly intelligent.

Counter ignorance with intelligence.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join