It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Death Orders, Issued By The US President. Commonplace?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I feel inspired by this thread on possible USA Presidential crimes, and the likelihood that the next President will prosecute them,

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It is well known that past Presidents have issued death orders against foreign leaders. Even today, Bush wants Bin Laden "Dead or Alive", and you can be pretty sure he would accept "Dead" with no problem.

It well known that the USA attempted to assassinate Fidel Castro, and others, sometimes with success:

www.history-matters.com...

So my question is this: How commonplace is it for a President to order the assassination of a private US citizen?

This idea is disturbing. I am sure a lot of people will deny it happens. But I am sure it does.

I have to believe it happens from time to time. Perhaps it happens ALL the time, and throughout US history.

I am reminded of two famous cases: Vince Foster (who may have been killed by the Clintons to keep him from revealing Whitewater information to the press) and Marilyn Monroe (who might have been killed by John Kennedy, to keep their sexual affair quiet.)

No doubt, there are government agents who could carry out these activities in the name of "Patriotism" and "Duty". I don't think it would be a problem to find a trustworthy team that blindly carries out these Presidential orders.

Am I off base?

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   
What do you think the assasin teams (black opps arent them either) are for? their motto isnt "One shot one kill" just because it sounds good. If you truely understood how many people are killed every day due to orders from the oval it would blow your mind.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Who knows. We had a scientist Kelly who 'committed suicide' over the Iraq war, can't remember but he wasn't particularly on message with the Labour line even though he wasn't a member of the Labour party. Anyway, he either committed suicide for no reason or was bumped off. The beauty of these things is that the state has resources, the courts and everything to lean on so even if he was killed, it just becomes some forgotten conspiracy. I wonder if there is a secret 'allowance' for national leaders.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by xoxo stacie

I think it would blow a lot of people's minds to learn this particular truth.

There is this image in the minds of the American people that the US President is above this. And, of course, ordering hits on private citizens without a trial or jury is unconstitutional in the extreme.

But perhaps there is a secret constitution we don't know about?

Finally, wouldn't this be a criminal act? Or is it deemed "so absolutely necessary for national security" that no President will ever reveal the truth?

I think it is probably the latter case -- hence it is truly above top secret.

[edit on 2-11-2008 by Buck Division]

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by redled
I wonder if there is a secret 'allowance' for national leaders.

I have no doubt about that. What I wonder is what kind of allowance exists for USA citizens?

I think we can name quite a few people here. Those were "botched" cases. The vast majority of people were eliminated so perfectly that there were no questions.

I'm thinking about California Congressman Sonny Bono here, strangely enough.

www.starpulse.com...

In the case of Sonny Bono, are a lot of questions regarding his death, including an investigation he was conducting into CIA drug trafficking, at the time he died in a ski accident. (Nobody questioned that he was a clumsy skier, probably on drugs when he hit that tree.) Today, it is totally forgotten. Perfectly wacked.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I got stuff on the government to where they dare not kill me.

Only thing the gov would do is assassinate your character when they know they cant kill you, specially when they know they cant jail you in any state or federal prison since they know damn well any going into court will expose the holy roof off them, and have those running into prison for conspiracy and cover ups and etc of other crimes.

The govs safe haven is mental wards where they would put you who they can not take into court nor can kill for fear. This is why mental wards should be yet shut down along with outlawing the phsytratric (sp?) practices.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Buck Division

The authority and power of the presidecy is not mandated by the paycheck he receives. The whole cncept of being leader of the most powerful country on the planet mandates that alternative absolute authorty would be granted on a need to know basis only. To keep control on that authority must also mandate an ability to make decisive decisions without the consultation of any group or board of advisors if necessary. a button only needs one finger to push it. Dedication to the conmmander and chief runs deep for patriotic men and women willing to follow orders from the top.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mabus
The govs safe haven is mental wards where they would put you who they can not take into court nor can kill for fear. This is why mental wards should be yet shut down along with outlawing the phsytratric (sp?) practices.

You may be correct Mabus, but I would think that too many people are required in order to make something like that happen. It only takes a single person (or two) to eliminate someone permanently.

Also, I think the US President would more likely just exercise his power to issue one secret directive -- fire and forget. After all, the President is a busy man.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   

If you truely understood how many people are killed every day due to orders from the oval it would blow your mind.

You have sparked my curiosity ... can you enlighten me and give me a ball park figure? And are you referring to people in the US or outside of the US?

I got stuff on the government to where they dare not kill me.

That's a very bold statement ... and one that doesn't make much sense. Isn't knowing too much supposedly a reason to assassinate someone? How can someone know TOO MUCH that it actually ends up protecting them?

Jemison

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by safteynet
reply to post by Buck Division

Dedication to the conmmander and chief runs deep for patriotic men and women willing to follow orders from the top.

Think about how special someone must feel, dealing directly with the President? That person is part of an incredibly important and far reaching plan, possibly spanning centuries of past and future history.

Now think something like this: Marilyn Monroe is insane. She is going to bring down the entire Presidency, shatter the country into irretreivable pieces, at this critical and dangerous juncture of the cold war. For the sake of the office and the country, if not the man, she has to be eliminated.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jemison
You have sparked my curiosity ... can you enlighten me and give me a ball park figure? And are you referring to people in the US or outside of the US?

Here is how complex this issue is: I could claim anything right now, and you could not refute it, and I could not prove it. That is the mystery of ATS.

I'll take a ball park estimate. I bet there are no less than 3 active presidential directives -- death orders-- at this exact moment, on US citizens. Maybe more, maybe less.

I would put the number of USA citizens who have died, due to presidential directive, at many hundreds, or possibly thousands, during the past 100 years.

Who can tell? Such is the nature of secrecy, when you have almost unlimited resources, as is the case of the US government.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Buck Division

I would put the number of USA citizens who have died, due to presidential directive, at many hundreds, or possibly thousands, during the past 100 years.

Who can tell? Such is the nature of secrecy, when you have almost unlimited resources, as is the case of the US government.

Such is the nature of a criminal regime. Secrecy is bad enough when legitimate but it's a bleeding clusterphuck when evoked to cover up crimes. The US is expert in the practice of the latter.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I have just one more comment, which is the punch line to my entire thread.

#

This is what I thought, as I created the opening post:

Wouldn't it be bizarre if killing ordinary citizens was quite commonplace for US Presidents? Perhaps all Presidents create and maintain hit lists.

And wouldn't it be very, very weird and eerie and ironic if the single US President, in recent history, who did not have such a hit list was -- Richard Nixon?

I say this, because it seems like it would have been pretty easy for Nixon to have wacked Daniel Ellsberg, author of the "Pentagon Papers". But Nixon obviously didn't do that.

Maybe the reason Nixon engaged in so many illicit actions was because he was TOO MORAL to actually do what most past US Presidents had done – which was to simply issue a death order. He had plenty of cause – Ellsberg (while doing a great service to the country, for sure) revealed top-secret military strategies to the press.

So it would be supremely ironic if our most despised and vilified US President was actually much more moral than those other Presidents that we commonly revere.

I don't know if that is true, but it seems a suitable conclusion for this ATS Skunk Works thread.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 07:23 PM
link   
sometimes a varmint just needs killing for the collective good of everyone. it would be an inconvenience to go through regular channels such as the courts where the varmint would get to spew his views to the public.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I must disagree with the general drift of the op.

I am not naive; I am well aware that many governments include operations which are sanctioned to do very heinous crimes in the name of their leaders. But by no means do I associate this reality with the nature of the government itself.

As for how many people are killed by government operatives as directed by governmental leaders I would say count ever casualty of every war ever fought. Then include all the 'police actions' and 'security' efforts, and every other such instance.

Also, we know that it isn't limited to one country, nor one governmental form.

I think this is activity is more indicative of the nasty nature of those societies that seem to gravitate towards our halls of power. It is hardly ever (if ever) the government that includes their actions as a function of their operation. Its about the cabals and cartels, and other such 'business' arrangements that lead to this. Corporations, organized religious institutions, and numerous ideologically oriented groups are particular common-place 'participants' in these kinds of activities s well.

My point here is that to limit your concerns to who is the leader of your country is to expect too much from them, and overlook all those who must be complicit by word or deed in the evil they do.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Your only "assassinated" if your rich, famous and have lots of power. Anything other that that your just murdered. But I think the government have been killing off people that they believe will stand in there way. I think that JFK assassination was set up by people in our government. Those are some of my thoughts.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 08:04 PM
link   
My motto is quite simple "follow the money"! The world is driven by greed and w/it power.History tells it all and repeats its self.We are reliving history in the here and now, only the big boys have bigger toys.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 08:20 PM
link   
This country has had foreign leaders assassinated. We tried to get Castro with the help of bothe the Mafia and the anti-Castro Cubans, but failed there. And we certainly knew that the South Vietnamese Generals were going to kill Diem and his brother in a coup, and gave it our tacit blessing. There are lots of other examples that could be cited as well.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jemison

That's a very bold statement ... and one that doesn't make much sense. Isn't knowing too much supposedly a reason to assassinate someone? How can someone know TOO MUCH that it actually ends up protecting them?

Jemison

Well, when you get to be wise and work stragetically you can ensure your foes would not dare do whatever it is, depending on how you encompass.

Put it like this... When they say we have this, something set says I have all them bound for jail. When they kill, say, me or make, say, me disappear, something set says all that did it, but not about it direct, but about other things that are great loop holes which point to other criminal doings and unresolved matters which reveal the guilty some other way. It's is so if anything foul happens with me things shall be yet then OPENED which those fear greatly. So it's not about me having knowledge, no, it's about what shut becoming opened surely 100% how my wise craft holds those all dependant. Even those I've seen not.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Of course governments kill people, and to the tune of many millions in the 20th century alone. If they are willing to do so through war in such overt fashion, do you not think that they are doing so covertly? It’s really not a serious question.

No worries though, just be perfectly obedient and you need not concern yourself about being proclaimed a ‘varmint’ that needs putting down. Love your life more than your freedom and you have nothing to fear from such power.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join