It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Finding your power animal

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Interesting thread.

I have never done meditations to find my spirit animal, I have always just paid attention to the world around me and take clues from that, as I feel that God communicates with us through creation.

I think I am coyote in my soul, but some animals have been put there for me to learn from, a few being deer, for learning to tread lightly and use caution, badger for learning to stand my ground and fight, and possum for learning to be resourceful and a survivor.

The different animals tend to just show up in front of me at any given time, and at any place, middle of a city, or deep in the woods. All I do is quiet myself and pay attention to what I can learn from this particular friend. Sometimes it takes a few days or weeks, as with the possum, who set up camp in my front yard last winter. I learned quite a lot from that little one.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by caitlinfae

I think you people are looking at all this animal spirit thing in the wrong light. In the end their is only the great cosmic spirit. To some it will appears as an animal because thats the easiest way for it to be accepted by that particular person, that particular person is searching for his or her own animal spirit, so the great cosmic spirit will come in animal form.
So you want to find your animal spirit? Just close your eyes and ask the cosmic spirit for help. If help is fated to come to you it will come to you.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by calihan123

I've an interesting story that relates to this thread...

Believe this or not, but I am very psychic by nature, don't know why I have it but I do and always have.

Anyhow, a few months ago, my wife and I were sitting around talking, when all of a sudden I popped out with, "Hey honey, you have a tiger as an animal totem!"

After much discussion and questioning, she found out (through me) that it was something that had always been with her, that I had seen it upon many occasions following her and being near her always, that a lot of times when she would get "clumsy" and run into a wall (she does it often lol) it is her tiger bumping into her as a joke, etc.

She asked what her name was and such, and I told her that I was not sure, but it seemed to be something like "sasha" or "sorcha" or something weird along those lines. I knew that wasn't quite right but could not get it closer than that.

I told her when she went to work the next day, to take some time and maybe ask her kitty for information, see if she gets a response. (she works a job where she has much time to do whatever she wishes.. Usually reads a book or two). She agreed to do so.

Upon returning home that day, she was all excited and said that she recieved a response from her kitty. To give just a little background, when she was 4 years old, she died on the operating table during open heart surgery, and came away from it with an experience that is just amazing. She remembers it very vividly, every moment of those days in her life, including the NDE.

She remembers that a voice spoke to her during the NDE, but it didnt "speak" vocally. It came through as pure vibrations from the inside of her being. Very odd, really.

She said upon arriving home that day from work that she was able to get a response from her tiger, and that it came through in precicely the same manner as her NDE did, the energy felt exactly the same to her.

She got a name from her, and even was able to draw an impression of what she "saw" in her minds eye as she spoke. It turns out to be a tiger which is white in color, with a very few black stripes near her head and tail.

The name she got was Tchastal, she said that it was very hard for her to pronounce but was very russian, and spelled very oddly. She definitely had never heard of it before, and thought that it was nothing real, but still exciting.

Well, upon hearing it, it definately rang as similar to the name that I had the impression of, and we began to look on the net for something relating to that name, just to see what's what lol

The word, Tchastal, turns out to be one of the original names for Mount Shasta, in california, named that by some of the original russian settlers in the area, and means "White" or "pure" mountain. White mountain, white tiger, wow this is just getting bizarre! lol

Anyhow, in the end, she's been very in tune with herself and exploring a lot more possibilities than she ever thought possible, and is happy knowing that her friend is there, and always has been.

And it really brought me in line with what I have always been able to see and do, as a verification of things. No way it was all coincidence lol

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   

i used to be in a group of pagans but that was another story. i am not pagan by the way. and they had a shaman come to walk us through a journey to find our spirit animal. when we began i was walking through rolling hills of lavender and i was encountered by a huge black bear and we talked/connected while resting in the lavender. to the sides there was a tall forest of pines/oaks which the edge of which the bear had followed me and met me. now we walked to gether along a well worn path through the lavender. after that there was a tornado warning so we had to stop but that is as far as we got so i know that mine/or one of my spirit animal/s is a black bear. hmm interesting that it was black. that color shows up a lot in my life. not so bad as in the arts that i am studying the black uniform represents perseverance of the soul. also connected to the bear which is power,endurance,patience,strength incarnate.

very cool things

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Dock6

Hey Dock, that's pretty nice! I have tons and tons of lizards around my house; some of them grow to a good 10 inches!

Here's some lizard totem info:

Lizard medicine is the shadow side of reality where your dreams are reviewed
before you manifest them physically.

If you have a Lizard totem, listen to our own intuition above anyone else's.
Pay attention to your dreams for they show us
what we do not perceive when awake.
Dreams are shadows showing your fears and hopes.
Make a dream log and record your dreams.
Look for your symbolic and reoccurring dreams and study them carefully.

Lizard can also teach you to become more detached in life.
Sometimes it is necessary to separate yourself from others
to accomplish what is necessary.
Lizard helps you awaken the ability for objective detachment.
It can show you how to break from the past.

www.linsdomain.com...

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by caitlinfae

wonderful meditation. I am not well practiced in this art, but I immediately fell into a very relaxed state and then a deep sleep. I envisioned an elderly man all dressed in white and he seemed to glow. He told me his name is Elim. I don't remember anything after that, Maybe something about white crystals or diamonds?

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by wizaad

i used to be in a group of pagans but that was another story. i am not pagan by the way. and they had a shaman come to walk us through a journey to find our spirit animal. when we began i was walking through rolling hills of lavender and i was encountered by a huge black bear and we talked/connected while resting in the lavender. to the sides there was a tall forest of pines/oaks which the edge of which the bear had followed me and met me. now we walked to gether along a well worn path through the lavender. after that there was a tornado warning so we had to stop but that is as far as we got so i know that mine/or one of my spirit animal/s is a black bear. hmm interesting that it was black. that color shows up a lot in my life. not so bad as in the arts that i am studying the black uniform represents perseverance of the soul. also connected to the bear which is power,endurance,patience,strength incarnate.

very cool things

Thats very interesting. The bear as your power animal reperesents

* Introspection
* Healing
* Solitude
* Change
* Communication with Spirit
* Death and rebirth
* Transformation
* Astral travel
* Creature of dreams, shamans and mystics
* Visionaries
* Defense and revenge
* Wisdom

So those are all the things it can help you and guide you with if you ever needed to call upon it.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   
any meditations for finding your power animal?

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by asmeone2

Yeah I always new they could do 200mph. but 242mph is just friggin awesome

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Siblin

I saw a rare male Red Goshawk in the middle of downtown Brisbane next to the river a few months back. It was a very majestic and regal bird, so much so that everyone walking around stopped what they were doing and watched it prance around the forecourt of the Stock Exchange. Then it flew away as gracefully as it come.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by minniesoda
any meditations for finding your power animal?

One can not go and find their Animal totem it is the Animal totem that actually finds you. Though one must give the willing intent to want to be connected and you will find if you simply let things happen. Sure enough you will get leadings on your Animal totems.
It might be a song on a radio, watching a documentary or movie, that you feel,"Clicks' with your awareness or you might even have an Animal totem visit you in a dream and ask its awareness to be with you in oneness of mind and spirit.

[edit on 3-11-2008 by Epsillion70]

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   

It's quite a coincidence you posted this on the date you did. I haven't really been into "shamanism" (forgive me if that is the wrong term). Anyway, on the night before you posted, I was studying various creatures in mythology, why people in history are often described "strong like a lion" / "brut like an ox" etc. I have a theory that i'm working on in regards to that subject.

But anyway, I went upstairs for a cup of tea. It was around 0300 at night and still in thoughts about the connections between various people and animals often referred to in mythology.

Suddenly I heard a wierd loud bark/screaching noise right outside my house (I live by the forest). I have never heard such a noise before. I thought to myself, maybe this was a special animal calling to me, whatever it was (laughing to myself, little did I know that I would end up telling you this story because of the parallels and "coincidence" to your thread).

I grabbed my camera (with long exposure enabled since it was nightime) and cautiously went outside. It kept barking/screaching and he was just inside the forest, out of sight, lurking in the pitch darkness. It sounded like he was barking at my house. It was cold, so I thought he maybe was hungry and fed up at his situation. I grabbed some food and put it out by the forests edge (i usually do in wintertime, to feed a stag that roams around here.. hmm I just realised they do make such wierd noises sometimes according to experts).

Anyway it stopped barking/screaming and I never caught a glimpse of it :\
And everyone else could get back to sleep again.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Chin Ju

I couldn't agree more...that's exactly what we are doing...just that some people use a different method. Essentially, there is no right or wrong way...just the right way for you.

Cait

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by minniesoda

Hi! Thank you so much for letting me know that you enjoyed the meditation. I'm afraid at the moment I don't have a power animal track, but I will work on it, as a few people have asked. It's interesting that you got such a clear name and figure...clearly a guide I think. Maybe he will show up again for you to work with. Do you work with crystals anyway?

Cx

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by ravenflt

It's quite a coincidence you posted this on the date you did. I haven't really been into "shamanism" (forgive me if that is the wrong term). Anyway, on the night before you posted, I was studying various creatures in mythology, why people in history are often described "strong like a lion" / "brut like an ox" etc. I have a theory that i'm working on in regards to that subject.

But anyway, I went upstairs for a cup of tea. It was around 0300 at night and still in thoughts about the connections between various people and animals often referred to in mythology.

Suddenly I heard a wierd loud bark/screaching noise right outside my house (I live by the forest). I have never heard such a noise before. I thought to myself, maybe this was a special animal calling to me, whatever it was (laughing to myself, little did I know that I would end up telling you this story because of the parallels and "coincidence" to your thread).

I grabbed my camera (with long exposure enabled since it was nightime) and cautiously went outside. It kept barking/screaching and he was just inside the forest, out of sight, lurking in the pitch darkness. It sounded like he was barking at my house. It was cold, so I thought he maybe was hungry and fed up at his situation. I grabbed some food and put it out by the forests edge (i usually do in wintertime, to feed a stag that roams around here.. hmm I just realised they do make such wierd noises sometimes according to experts).

Anyway it stopped barking/screaming and I never caught a glimpse of it :\
And everyone else could get back to sleep again.

wow.. i wonder what it was? thats very interesting. I know a lot of cultures do actually put food or gifts out for spirits, or for their power animal. Maybe you did a good thing by doing that. Even if it wasnt your power animal, and was just a hungry animal, you still did a good thing because they were able to eat

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Yes your totem finds you.

Ravens seem attracted to me......and I am intrigued by them as well.

Your totem can change, evolve, be added onto, taken away from.

Jesus Christ has a totem....lion of Judah, or/and Sacrificial Lamb of God or and/ The Holy Spiriit...The Dove.....also...wise as serpent innocent as a dove....

Lucifer...Goat, Serpent.....

The thing that people seem to forget is that early Christianity was very connected to the land, the animals, the stars......God spoke to them in various ways and means.

It was not until the Church became a political entity that it fell away from its Shamanic roots.

Early Judism was the same way. The difference between a "True Prophet" and a fake "Prophet" shows the dipiction of a Shaman and a false prophet.

For example, the last old testement prophet, John the Baptist, the cousin of Jesus Chist lived in the desert, drank neither wine nor strong drink, ate locusts and wild honey, wore camel skin and came railing against the "church/synagogue" leaders caliing them a nest of vipers.

Jesus, after recognition by John, drank wine, ate with the people, smoked with the people, let hookers wash his feet etc....and the powers that be at the time came against him for being too liberal. ha...

Jesus said " John came neither eating nor drinking and you said he had a demon....I come both eating and drinking and you say I am firend of sinners and tax gatherers....yet God has rejected you caling them beautiful graves..haha......etc etc

Anyway, the deeper you delve into very early Christianity, the closer Christianity gets to many Shamanic traditions.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Well, I still think mine is an eagle, almost like a grandmother eagle watching over me. But we must have a totem then. Because I got this flash of a dark furry animal, and when I was searching for what it was, a skunk came to mind. Now I'm thinking I have a skunk as well on my totem, because the idea is persistent.

www.sayahda.com...

The skunk is a powerful totem with mystical and magical associations. Skunks are slow moving solitary creatures and spend most of the daylight hours underground. They dig their own dens but will also take over abandoned homes of foxes, marmots and rabbits. They hold an air of self confidence and can teach us how to develop self esteem and self respect...

Skunk teaches us how to comprehend a warning. Many times in life our instinct can forsee trouble ahead, but our mind gets in the way and inhibits this knowledge. By watching and learning from skunk, we learn how to honor that part of ourselves which like the skunk, gives us many warnings before an actual problem or disaster develops....

The stripe running from the head to the tail of the skunk is linked to the creative life force within. When this medicine is fully developed those with this totem have the ability to direct their creative energy to manifest a desired result. If underdeveloped a need to awaken consciousness and look beyond the perimeters of ones immediate world is important.

Edit to add: perhaps skunk took me under her wing (metophorically speaking) when I began to try visualizations and writing out goals.

[edit on 5-11-2008 by mystiq]

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by asmeone2

Gee, thank you for taking the time to post that, Asmeone2

I'm so surprised to learn that lizards totems are connected with dreams !

I know next to nothing about totem animals and hadn't learned anything about what dreaming of them could signify until I read your post.

To be honest, I wondered if by posting my experience with the lizards, I might be opening myself to quite a bit of insult regarding 'reptilian races'.

But then I thought I'd just post it anyway and take whatever flak might result.

So it was a lovely surprise to see your post

I told my new-age sister about the lizard dreams shortly after they occurred, and she raised her eyebrows and gave me a look and said:
' Oh dear. You know what dreaming about lizards means, don't you .. '

The way she said it, I was too afraid to ask, because it sounded bad.

But now, all these years later, I've learned from you that it's not bad at all.

Thank you !

My feeling has always been one of gratitude towards the lizards .. I've always felt privileged that they took the time to show me, conclusively, the proof of precognition.

I'd had proof before because I'd been experiencing precognitive dreams most of my life .. not a huge number, but memorable.

But the precognitive lizard dreams, coming one after the other as they did (and so astonishingly accurate) not only proved procogntion to me, but ALSO to all those who were witness to it, thanks to the lizards.

For example, my children learned the proof of precognition from the lizard dreams, whether or not they wanted proof (actually, they didn't want to know, but the lizards ensured they did).

And there are friends of my son .. they're grown men now .. who also were introduced to precognition via the lizard dreams. I don't think they were aware of precognition before that .. they were only teenagers, all of them. Now they're out there in the world .. working now as engineers and pilots .. and inside them, even if half forgotten, they know for a fact that at least sometimes, the future is predetermined. Who knows how that may help them or those associated with them or reliant upon them, sometime in their future ?

The precognitive lizard-dreams were 'delivered' to me in the form of 'living' polaroid photos, quite often. Do you remember the old polaroid instant photos .. they had a white border around them? Well, quite a few of the lizard-dreams appeared in that format, white border and all. Except, the lizards in the photos were alive .. they moved very slightly, or their tongues darted in and out. I saw them in very close detail .. the different colour under their thoats, or their scales shining, for example .. saw the vegetation by which they were surrounded, or the details of the tree trunks or wall upon which they were. When they appeared in real life (usually a day or two or three later) they were in precisely the same pose and location .. except, they were mirror-reversed compared to the polaroid-photo dreams. Interesting, isn't it ?

They were very self-contained .. deep ... calm ... intelligent .. thoughtful. That was the feeling I got from them. It was very nice. I like lizards now, but once the sequence of lizard-dreams ended, I've never had close contact with lizards again.

Thank you again for the information about lizard totems

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Dock6

You're welcome.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join