It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Finding your power animal

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I truly believe that every person has a spirit animal connected to them to call on. I think we all have many different things that are connected to us . Such as when witch doctors call upon spirits to guide them to different herbs in healing. There are so many uses for calling on nature spirits... people should really look into it more. Ive heard many amazing stories in my life. Especially from my dad who lived in the marianas islands and he told me of many herbal doctors there who cured many "uncurable" things just by calling upon spirits to help them.

Its very interesting.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by calihan123

I wouldconcur with that 100%.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Here you are...I hope you like!

Lots of love

Cait x

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by caitlinfae

Thanks I'll listen to that when I have the chance!

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Interesting:

www.crystalinks.com...

Eagle: divine Spirit and connection to creator

Eagle feathers are used all over the world as ceremonial instruments and are considered to be the most sacred healing tools. They are a symbol of power, healing and wisdom. Eagle represents a state of grace that is reached through inner work, understanding and passing the initiation tests that result from reclaiming our personal power. Eagle Medicine is the Power of the Great Spirit. It is the spirit of tenacity. It is the gift of clear vision with which one can truly see the things one sees. It is the patience to wait for the appropriate moment. It is to live in balance with heaven and Earth. Eagle reminds you of your connection with the Great Spirit. It tells you that the universe is giving you the opportunity to fly above your life's worldly levels, or above the shadow of past realities. Eagle teaches you to look above in order to touch Grandfather Sun with your heart, to love the Shadow as much as the Light. Eagle asks you to grant yourself permission to be free in order to reach the joy that your heart desires.

While I won't go so far as to say I have a handle on the wisdom part, this is perhaps my area of greatest interest. Since childhood I've always had a spiritual quest (not religious though), and sought inner wisdom. I've had a small natural gift of healing and do a little energy work. I could always feel something out in the energy field and would keep working it until it felt good. My hands hurt quite a bit during it. Placing them under running water afterwards helped them recover the fastest. Have never had any idea whether this made sense scientifically or not, and really didn't care too much. It's helped alleviate headaches frequently, and I get quite a few.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Thank you for that. I'm downloading it now. I look forward to hearing it.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by mystiq
Interesting:

www.crystalinks.com...

Eagle: divine Spirit and connection to creator

Eagle feathers are used all over the world as ceremonial instruments and are considered to be the most sacred healing tools. They are a symbol of power, healing and wisdom. Eagle represents a state of grace that is reached through inner work, understanding and passing the initiation tests that result from reclaiming our personal power. Eagle Medicine is the Power of the Great Spirit. It is the spirit of tenacity. It is the gift of clear vision with which one can truly see the things one sees. It is the patience to wait for the appropriate moment. It is to live in balance with heaven and Earth. Eagle reminds you of your connection with the Great Spirit. It tells you that the universe is giving you the opportunity to fly above your life's worldly levels, or above the shadow of past realities. Eagle teaches you to look above in order to touch Grandfather Sun with your heart, to love the Shadow as much as the Light. Eagle asks you to grant yourself permission to be free in order to reach the joy that your heart desires.

While I won't go so far as to say I have a handle on the wisdom part, this is perhaps my area of greatest interest. Since childhood I've always had a spiritual quest (not religious though), and sought inner wisdom. I've had a small natural gift of healing and do a little energy work. I could always feel something out in the energy field and would keep working it until it felt good. My hands hurt quite a bit during it. Placing them under running water afterwards helped them recover the fastest. Have never had any idea whether this made sense scientifically or not, and really didn't care too much. It's helped alleviate headaches frequently, and I get quite a few.

Thats very interesting. I too, believe I have the gift to heal emotionally rather than physically. I've had numerous people tell me ive saved their lives. I just chalk it up to being an open and trustworthy kind of person, and people for some reason are willing to tell me things they wouldnt tell anyone else, and for that reason im able to help them in ways other people wouldnt be able to. We all have a gift... we just have to recognize what that gift is and use it.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by asmeone2
I have done this too!

I would say that cards are a bad way to try to discover a power animal. I think it defeats the point to depend on a physical meduim to connect to the animal.

A better way to do this would be to meditiate, to go outside specifically to "meet" your animal and watch who shows up, and pay specifically close attention to what animals show up in your dreams.

Try very hard not to expect a certain animal to show up. You do not choose the animal, it chooses you, and it may not be one that you particularly like or what you would have expected.

Be respectful of course. You do not own your totem animal, and it is not there to do you favors. THe point is to learn things from its habits that you can translate into your own life.

Don't expect a certain message to come up; if you already know everything, what's the point?

And whatever you come up with, try to read into the mythology associated with that animal.

[edit on 2-11-2008 by asmeone2]

Thats a nice way to do it. But I live in the city and find it hard at times to find any animals other than birds and neighborhood cats n dogs.

No offense, but Im going to pick at your theory. You said not to use cards because it is a material medium, and then you go on to say try to read into the mythology associated with that animal. If your aim is to not be biased by material things, like cards or peoples creations, why source any mythos? Should you not stick to your original system and continue to contemplate and meditate on the aspects of the animal?
I dunno, just a thought. I dont think it matters at all, I think intent and the belief system you hold that is the key. After all, in the end, the cards are just as illusory as the real animals, and it is the realizations they inspire that matter.
I love nature, and I prefer that method, but all too often I am limited to the city, so meditation and cards was how it went down. Its been a tricky task, but looking at the city as a blessing instead of a hindrance has been greatly profound. Like the student complaining to teacher that the others loud noises are disturbing his meditation, and the teacher says no, you are disturbing your meditation, I have come to see the aspects of the city just as beneficial as the aspects of nature, in reality, the city is just a drunken extension of nature, and ultimately, anything bound by the city, is first bound by nature. It just takes a little more effort to see through the costumes and cataracts of city life.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I wonder if you can guess my Animal totem?

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I quite agree...connections can be made with animal spirits in any way you are comfortable with...and give us a much greater range of connections...like giraffes and armadillos and hummingbirds...not many of them in the UK!

Cx

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 05:19 PM
link   
This would be mine:

The vulture is a very powerful totem. Its cycle of power is year-round. If you have a Vulture as a spirit guide or totem, it can show you how to use energy powerfully and efficiently. It glides effortlessly on the winds, soaring to extraordinary heights while using little or no energy. The Vulture skillfully employs already existing air currents against the pull of gravity, symbolizing the distribution of energy so that gravity (or cares) do not weigh it (you) down. In the process the vulture does not use its own energy, but the energies of the Earth instead, the energies of the Earth --- or the Natural Order of Things --- being ONE of the mainstay sources in The Power of the Shaman. A very valuable lesson.

sped2work.tripod.com...

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by psychedeliack

I feel like using a pack of cards limits one to the animals given there, for one thing, and diminishes the importance of one-to-one communication, whether it be through meditation or actual contact with the animal.

To me eading the mythology is a more important part once you do discover the animal, because it helps bring to life different aspects of that "medicine" and to me at least it's facinating to make a cross-cultural comparison of how one particular animal is viewed around the world. The whole idea of power-animals originated from cultures with strong oral traditions--why not go straight to the source?

I'm not telling you how to do it, those are just my thoughts and reservations.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Epsillion70

Squirrel. Munchy, chewy, tasty, crunchy, num-num-alicious squirrel!

Do I get a prize?

(one of my totems is Coyote, which should explain everything.)

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   

I would guess Peregine Falcon?

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Your beautiful meditation for the elemental guide was hypnotic. I really didn't want to open my eyes. Though I really didn't understand what I briefly visualized. It was as though a white crystal person walked in and greeted me. But the name for some reason that I don't understand, was "gentle water". Was this, then ice? Searching for it online in any of the wordings just brought me to page after page of World of Warcraft, either shamans or mages.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by asmeone2

I would guess Peregine Falcon?

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Epsillion70

Hey cool.

There are a lot of "bird people" for whatever reason.

PF's were venerated as far back as Egypt.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by asmeone2

Yeah I have always been fascinated by Peregrine Falcons and Falcons in general. I even had one land in my backyard 2 years in a row at the exact same time each year and unfortunately I was not there to see it each time though my partner was able to oddly enough and she said it was a"magical" experience as the Falcon would sit on a low tree branch or on the clothesline and would look around in a curious way and look at at her, then after about 15mins would fly off.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Epsillion70

That is very cool.

Did you know they are the fastest animal in the world, period?

Check out this video:

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 06:57 PM
link   
not into witchypoo stuff, I go be instinct and intuition....always loved the sleek big cats, and moggie pusses...when in time of deep stress years ago, several people totally unconnected saw...one lady as I was speaking to her jumpd and said ' your face turned into a black panther' another time a friend said she could see a black panther round my legs......talking to a phsyic he said he could see me in Ancient Egypt being caried on a litter, I had a black panther on a gold chain, lol sounds a bit nutty, however I have a marvellous friendship with my cats, when one passed over she came to visit, purring loudly around my neck......another time I dreamt of my deceased little friends,(cats), they were small female fairy beings about 4' high, beautiful spirit creatures who loved me when they had their time on Earth...so I guess my spiritual animal is the black panther...whatever that means

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join