It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MASS TREE COLLAPSE-3000 trees instantly fall-remote region of Nepal

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Heres some referance material for ya' there Zorgie!!!

en.wikipedia.org...

www.cimms.ou.edu...

Zindo

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Britguy

I was in Mazatlan last week and myself along with a few others where in the ocean and talking about this. It was very odd, the tide would come in and have big huge waves and then it would just go flat then go out and a few minutes later it would start up again.

I have never seen the ocean act like it was.

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZindoDoone
Heres some referance material for ya' there Zorgie!!!

Thanks

But still no pictures of those 'not so rare" tree falls

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Alred posted pics of Microburst activity on page two. I've been in a micro burst inside of a factory when I worked for Colt Firearms in Hartford, Ct.
It took every window out of the place and scrambled the parking lot like a house of cards. We all thought it was a Tornado but the dopler radar showed no tornadic activity at the time. Scared the hell out of us.

Zindo

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 08:32 PM
link   
The question is "Do 3000 trees falling down, alone in the forest make any noise?"

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by whoshotJR
reply to post by Britguy

I was in Mazatlan last week and myself along with a few others where in the ocean and talking about this. It was very odd, the tide would come in and have big huge waves and then it would just go flat then go out and a few minutes later it would start up again.

I have never seen the ocean act like it was.

Hmmmm..... Just seems too coincidental that the same phenomena to a certain degree, shows up in multiple places around the globe and everyone just shrugs their shoulders.

I wonder what has/ did cause these wave surges.

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
Sounds slightly similar to the Tunguska event of 1927 though, on a small scale.

Which one was 1927? I thought it happened in 1908. Checking...

Yup, June 30, 1908 alright.

Perhaps it was some kind of government experiment gone wrong and they wish to cover their tracks with a "reasonable" explanation.

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 09:26 PM
link   
If you know the general region of Nepal, based on the district mentioned, can we see it on Google earth?

Sorry, i have never used the prgram myself, but it might show something.

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 10:41 PM
link   
These are strange days indeed. Lets see 3000 trees fall almost at once Bees are disappearing and that tidal deal. I wonder doe's anyone know if the Tide thing has happened before? That's pretty scary to me high tide when it's supposed to be low tide and as much as twelve feet.

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 10:48 PM
link   
actually bamboo does this.
(without reading all he specs)

it grows very fast, up to 4" a day. then it retreats and collapses.
just wondering if it was a bamboo forest?
-zoo

edit: this does not happen every year.

[edit on 11/8/2008 by zooplancton]

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Anyone think of using google earth to try and at least take a peek at the area?

I know the pics aren't always updated but if anyone has a near exact location we could at least take a peek at it.

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 11:03 PM
link   
This sort of reminds me of another strange phenomena that occurred in mass a few years ago. Does everyone remember all of the sink holes we were experiencing a while back? Huge chunks of soil would just suddenly collapse, gobbling up roads, bridges, trees, et cetera...

[edit on 8-11-2008 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
This sort of reminds me of another strange phenomena that occurred in mass a few years ago. Does everyone remember all of the sink holes we experiencing a while back? Huge chunks of soil would just suddenly collapse, gobbling up roads, bridges, trees, et cetera...

[edit on 8-11-2008 by SpeakerofTruth]

this also happened long ago when salt mining was in heavy deployment. huge portions of towns were falling into the earth from the salt mining.

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth Does everyone remember all of the sink holes we experiencing a while back?

Yup the Earth is porous like swiss cheese... the more acid in the water the faster it eats into the rocks... You would be amazed at the number of areas sitting on water... but that is another thread.

And as Zoo pointed out Salt Mines (and oil drilling)

Lake Peigneur: The Swirling Vortex of Doom
New Iberia, Louisiana
September 6, 2005

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by serpentine

MASS TREE COLLAPSE-3000 trees instantly fall-remote region of Nepal

www.earthweek.com

Villagers in western Nepal’s Banke district say that nearly 3,000 trees in a single forest fell over within a 10-minute period, according to a report on the London-based eKantipur Web site.
Initial reports said there were no strong winds at the time of the collapses on Sept. 8, leading to speculations that the trees were knocked down by a supernatural force.

Mystified residents said that the local District Forest Office (DFO) appeared to be taking no action to determine what caused the phenomenon.

But a subsequent report said that a DFO official determined that a sudden whirlwind was responsible for the tree collapses in the Shrikrishna community forest.

Gopal Chaudhary, who said he was grazing his cattle near the forest when the trees fell, was quoted by eKantipur as also saying that a “strong gale” uprooted the trees.

Map: Earthweek
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.nowpublic.com

It is not a big deal, just another cloaked spaceship.

*grin*

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join