It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama doesn't care, why are you voting for him?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I know that there is an existing thread on Obama's aunt who is currently living in the U.S. illegally in public housing but this thread is more about his judgement and how he doesn't practice what he preaches. Obama has admitted to knowing that his aunt lives in the U.S. and she was even invited to (and attended) his Senate swearing in ceremony.

Obama claims he was not aware of her illegal status. Fine, I'll pretend to to believe his ignorance on this particular matter and will even pretend to believe he didn't know Wright spewed hatred against whites and the U.S., didnt' know Ayers wasn't repentant, didn't know Khalidi was a PLO mouthpiece, etc. I won't hold that against him and you can just toss all of that out the window.

However, Obama did know that his aunt was living in public housing AND that she was living in poverty, and he didn't feel any obligation to help her out?

Obama wants to raise my taxes so that he can 'spread the wealth' and be 'fair' and yet he won't take money out of his own pocket to help his elderly aunt?!?

How can any of you justify Obama's lack of compassion and lack of responsibility for his own Aunt? How in the world can you trust a man who has more than enough means to help out a family member but chooses not to?

Please, help me understand how you justify excusing his behavior!

Jemison

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Jem,

The democratic party is the party of "do as i say, not as I do". For that matter, one can even say the folks that have hijacked my party are largely the same.

For instance, take Al "the sky is falling" Gore. If you could attribute a photograph to the definition of the word Hypocrite, Al's picture would appear right next to it, and rightfully so given what he practices, as apposed to what he preaches.

The problem is not limited to O'Bama, though I see the point to your post. I think it's a streatch to expect "O" to be up to speed on his distant relatives, the invitation to his swearing in ceremony was probably little more than a gesture. I'm not inclined to give him a pass on much, but I thing he deserves one on this.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   
This topic is already being discussed in an existing thread.

Please tell me why you ARE voting for Obama

Thread closed.

new topics

top topics

join