It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gloria Naylor the writer of 'The Women of Brewster Place' is a victim of organised stalking

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Gloria Naylor won the National Book Award for first fiction in 1983 for The Women of Brewster Place, which was made into a popular television mini-series starring and produced by Oprah Winfrey, who is an ardent fan of the novel and its writer.

Gloria is a now a victim of organised stalking and electronic harassment and wrote the book '1996' to explain the sustained persecution she has been subjected to for many years. Her experiences parallels the lives of many victims of these crimes. Gloria eloquently writes in detail the methods used to destroy lives and clarifies the nature of the stalking and home invasions as specifically designed to psychologically damage the victim.

At the bottom you will find a link to an mp3 recording of Gloria Naylor's comments.

Gloria Naylor, the highly acclaimed author of The Women of Brewster Place, is back.

Unfortunately, the Chicago Sun-Times book editor declined to review her latest work, 1996, because the book was released a couple of months ago.

But I was fascinated by Naylor's subject -- mind-control. And, frankly, I don't think Naylor is getting her proper due. Besides being a major African-American writer, in 1996, she raises some troubling questions about the erosion of freedoms in this country and our government's ability to put someone's life under a microscope.

Published by Third World Press, 1996 is Naylor's first book in seven years. Although there is considerable confusion over when the manuscript was actually released, an excerpt appeared in Black Issues Book Review on Sept. 1. But for the most part, Naylor's latest manuscript has been uncharacteristically marginalized.

'I am in a battle for my mind'

In a strange way, that marginalization heightens the intrigue.

The fictionalized memoir purports to detail what became of Naylor's life after she moved to a secluded stretch of St. Helena Island. Her intention was to spend a year writing in the serene island setting, plant a garden and spend time enjoying the lifestyle she had worked hard to obtain.

But shortly after moving into her home, Naylor has a run-in with an eccentric Jewish neighbor who "had at least a dozen cats." When "Eunice" refuses to keep the cats out of Naylor's garden, and Naylor ends up taking matters into her own hands, the dispute turns ugly.

Eunice's brother also happened to be the head of the National Security Agency. The bad blood between the women led to Naylor's being investigated as a drug-dealer and labeled as a dangerous anti-Semite. It wasn't long before Naylor discovered that she was being followed everywhere she went. When the harassment became unbearable, Naylor fled her Southern refuge and returned to New York, where the scrutiny escalated into mind-control.

Of course, this is where the controversy comes in. Did the events Naylor described actually happen? Did the writer suffer some kind of nervous breakdown?

"I didn't want to tell this story. It's going to take courage. Perhaps more courage than I possess, but they've left me no alternatives," Naylor writes at the beginning of her book. "I am in a battle for my mind. If I stop now, they'll have won, and I will lose myself."

A run-in with a neighbor

After giving readers the bare bones about her beginnings, Naylor shares a place that was to be her slice of heaven, but ultimately became her piece of hell.

"I would sit at a folded table in the sunroom that gave me a view of the water, drinking my morning coffee in a pink mug that said 'Hers' in blue lettering. That table, with its one chair and that mug, were my only possessions besides a trailer camping bed that I picked up secondhand. But this, indeed was mine. I looked over at the plantation house and thought about how things had come full circle. My people once worked this land as slaves, and here I was, owning part of it."

Later, after the run-in with the neighbor, Naylor describes a fictitious telephone conversation her neighbor had with her brother:

"What is it, Eunice?"

"Orwell is dead. My baby is gone."

A cat, he thinks. She's calling me about a damn cat. "Sorry to hear that, Eunice. Was it a peaceful death?

"He was poisoned."

"How do you know that?"

"I had an autopsy. It was rat poison. Gloria Naylor killed him."

"Who's Gloria Naylor?"

"A woman who lives across the road from me."

"And how do you know she did it?"

"Because she hated my cats. She told me so. And she hates me, too, because I'm a Jew."

Exorcising demons

Of course, that conversation is fiction because the only thing Naylor knows for sure is what she claims happened to her. She could only speculate about the motivations, as well as the power of people who could invade a life to the degree they invaded hers.

The author understands that some people will simply think she is using her writing to cover up a nervous breakdown.

"I can't worry about that," Naylor said during a recent telephone interview. "With my entire career, I try to do the best that I can and leave the rest to the reader. It is just like child abuse. There are some people, when the child comes to them and says 'Uncle Johnny did X, Y, Z,' there will be some parents who will not believe the child, and there is no amount of evidence that will make them change their minds."

Given the continued debate over some provisions of the Patriot Act, Naylor's "fictionalized memoir" raises the right questions at the right time.

Writing the book was a "real catharsis," Naylor said.

"It was like purging. But really, it was no different from the other books I have written in that each of them exorcised from me some sort of demon."

Link

www.mindjustice.org...

Link

www.shoestringradio.net...

[edit on 2-11-2008 by masonwatcher]

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   
interesting info you've presented. she's an author i've enjoyed reading. sorry to hear about her going through this ordeal. have you read the washingtonpost.com article by sharon weinberger dated jan. 14,2007? that article led me to learn about other incidents that are similar to what she described in the radio interview that has been experienced by harlan girard.
in the article it states that dennis kucinich tried to introduce a bill in 2001 to ban the use of psychotronic weapons but, was derided and the bill was dropped.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by heather65
interesting info you've presented. she's an author i've enjoyed reading. sorry to hear about her going through this ordeal. have you read the washingtonpost.com article by sharon weinberger dated jan. 14,2007? that article led me to learn about other incidents that are similar to what she described in the radio interview that has been experienced by harlan girard.
in the article it states that dennis kucinich tried to introduce a bill in 2001 to ban the use of psychotronic weapons but, was derided and the bill was dropped.

Yes I have read the article about Harlan Girard. He came to London a couple of months ago to meet a colleague of mine. Unfortunately I could not join them.

Everything Harlan says in the article is very similar to the complaints of other victims including Gloria Naylor. In my case, it went on for a year until I came across organised stalking info sites on the internet. You can imagine my shock having discovered other victims on top the horrors I felt of being stalked by these strange people.

I know of hundreds of victims but amongst us are many people who are clearly ill that have latched onto us. The tragic thing is, we do not know if they are genuinely ill or driven to their madness. I suppose for some, with the propensity, have probably been severely damaged by the stalking and electronic harassment.

I take the view that we are all being deliberately damaged. While we may not necessarily develop a psychosis, I think the objective is to instill a combination of paranoia and post traumatic stress.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 04:20 PM
link   

have you read the washingtonpost.com article by sharon weinberger dated jan. 14,2007?

Here is the Washington Post article. And you can read her blog here.

Gloria Naylor seems like an odd target, if she's been chosen. A nationally recognized figure, with a gift for language? Aren't they keen to keep this project on the down-low?

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vault-D

have you read the washingtonpost.com article by sharon weinberger dated jan. 14,2007?

Here is the Washington Post article. And you can read her blog here.

Gloria Naylor seems like an odd target, if she's been chosen. A nationally recognized figure, with a gift for language? Aren't they keen to keep this project on the down-low?

I take the view that organised stalking and electronic harassment is criminal, cultish and a hate crime. I don't think it is a 'project' or experimentation since the tactics being used have been around for decade. I have a problem with accepting voice to skull technology and mind reading. It's nonsense and impractical and is most likely a manifestation of the crisis the victim is experiencing.

Having observed my stalker's behavoiur and the close communication they are constantly engaged in, when I am being stalked, I think anticipating a victim's routine is something that can be easily played around with. I also know that nuerolinguistic experts can give the impression of being mind readers.

An example of this kind of neurolinguistic techniques, which is routinely used on me, occurred in the tube when I was shopping in the West End in London. A woman followed me into the carriage after a long day walking about Oxford Street (I intended to go for a curry in the East End). Although there were plenty of seats available, she sat directly in front of me and produced a newspaper. I hadn't really noticed her until I realised the paper she had was a photocopy on account of the quality of paper. Being in the habit of reading other people's newspapers in the tube from a distance, I noted that the headlines read 'Go Home' yet the article below related to the price of petrol. I got up and leaned over to see what she was reading. It was blank!

Of course I asked her why it was blank and her response was a snarl and she got off at the next station.

I know that the majority of the harassment is designed to trivialise the life of the victim and cow us into compliancy as a bully would, but also being brutalised induces a susceptibility to be influences by all sorts of cultish techniques like neurolinguistics. This is the mind control aspect that I think many misconstrue as mind reading.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by masonwatcher
I know that the majority of the harassment is designed to trivialise the life of the victim and cow us into compliancy as a bully would, but also being brutalised induces a susceptibility to be influences by all sorts of cultish techniques like neurolinguistics. This is the mind control aspect that I think many misconstrue as mind reading.

That's an interesting idea, and actually makes some kind of sense. Can NLP be effective when, rather than rapport, the target/victim is brutalized or paranoid?

My original questions remain, though: why choose these victims? Whether these attacks are defined criminally or dastardly or evil or experimental, these attacks are (by all accounts) coordinated efforts. To what end, exactly? I don't mean to imply that anyone here has definitive answers, but those with experience might have theories.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vault-D

That's an interesting idea, and actually makes some kind of sense. Can NLP be effective when, rather than rapport, the target/victim is brutalized or paranoid?

My original questions remain, though: why choose these victims? Whether these attacks are defined criminally or dastardly or evil or experimental, these attacks are (by all accounts) coordinated efforts. To what end, exactly? I don't mean to imply that anyone here has definitive answers, but those with experience might have theories.

Most definitely NPL would be effective with an individual that has been broken down through bullying and harassment. A frightened and traumatised person can be manipulated. The stalking produces hypervigilance causing the victim to be open to further harassment and NPL. The victim can be made to associate a noise like whistling or an article like a white flash card with a stalking event or any kind of repetitive abuse that can include electronic harassment to manage their behavior.

Regarding the choice of the victim; my immediate response is why do woman get raped, or why are there paedophilia rings? It can be self gratification, hate or corruption. In my case, it was probably of my inscrutability in my work; I have rejected offers of bribery or maybe because I took a transport company to court or maybe because I told off a well to do woman near my place of work who had been verbally abusing a school boy for riding his bicycle on the pavement. Who knows? Suffice to say that organised stalking is a very effective method of taking people out by spreading the blood a bit and minimising risk. I actually consider it a a gangster style 'hit'.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 03:33 PM
link   

I also know that nuerolinguistic experts can give the impression of being mind readers.

An example of this kind of neurolinguistic techniques, which is routinely used on me, occurred in the tube when I was shopping in the West End in London. A woman followed me into the carriage after a long day walking about Oxford Street (I intended to go for a curry in the East End). Although there were plenty of seats available, she sat directly in front of me and produced a newspaper. I hadn't really noticed her until I realised the paper she had was a photocopy on account of the quality of paper. Being in the habit of reading other people's newspapers in the tube from a distance, I noted that the headlines read 'Go Home' yet the article below related to the price of petrol. I got up and leaned over to see what she was reading. It was blank!

I am extremely, extremely curious as to how you equate that to Neuro Lingustic Programming?

It seems these days, NLP is just a catch-all scapegoat for misunderstood methods of influence.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 03:36 PM
link   
What does any of this have to do with secret societies?

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by LowLevelMason
What does any of this have to do with secret societies?

Cults and criminal societies use these techniques.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by masonwatcher

Like who? Do you have any evidence of this statement? What secret society is involved here?

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by scientist

I also know that nuerolinguistic experts can give the impression of being mind readers.

I am extremely, extremely curious as to how you equate that to Neuro Lingustic Programming?

It seems these days, NLP is just a catch-all scapegoat for misunderstood methods of influence.

Well, Neuro Lingustic Programming is fairly extensive and more than what is conducted on a therapist's couch. Different tools can be used like cognitive training, emotional awareness and inducing Pavlovian responses to condition an individual to overcome phobias. This is all for the betterment of the person. Equally, these processes can be subverted and used to destroy someone or to influence them in a negative way.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by LowLevelMason
reply to post by masonwatcher

Like who? Do you have any evidence of this statement? What secret society is involved here?

I said cults and criminal societies. Scientologists have been shown to use these methods therefore these techniques exist.

en.wikipedia.org...

Criminal and racist societies like Redwatch in the UK engage in stalking and harassing targets the sms to each other. They even have websites the post photos of new targets to investigate for their members.

I will not link directly to their site but will post another website with details. You can google it yourself, I don't want them to start hacking ATS.

www.searchlightmagazine.com...

Regarding Freemasonry; I will eventually post some proof but due to a current legal process I am engaged in with one of your members I will not post it yet. You will have to excuse me.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   
As suspected, no evidence this is the work of any "secret society." Scientology is not a secret society or cult, its a religion. Also, your link about RedWatch just said its a very bad website, no proof of any harassment or that it is a secret society.

There is nothing to stop you from posting actual evidence regardless of "legal action," as long as the evidence is generalized and does not address your specific case.

[edit on 5-11-2008 by LowLevelMason]

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 09:21 AM
link   
'As susupected' my rear echelon.

There is nothing to stop you from posting actual evidence regardless of "legal action," as long as the evidence is generalized and does not address your specific case.

On what grounds do you make this legal opinion; perhaps you can outline for me what is considered "generalised" and how would this fulfill your high standards of "evidence". In which jurisdiction are legally qualified to give advise?

I humbly suggest to you that it would be unwise for me to disclose anything to do with a legal complaint I am embarking up on, due to my lack of experience of litigation.

Scientology is not a secret society or cult, its a religion.

Perhaps you are correct; all world religions started off with small numbers of devotees who were considered a fringe groups at one time. Scientologists doesn't really concern me and good luck to them but it still stands that their members have been caught red handed gangstalking and fairgaming their enemies.

Also, your link about RedWatch just said its a very bad website, no proof of any harassment or that it is a secret society.

It still stands that groups like Redwatch are blacklisting targets they go out of their way to harvest. Perhaps you should google Redwatch and visit their site. If posting photographs of their elected enemies for their membership to "investigate", I wonder what they do in closed forums and in private. To what end are they collecting this information?

There are other articles on the internet with individuals hunted down, stalked and eventually harmed by Redwatch. Sounds like organised stalking and harassment to me. Perhaps you call it something else in your lodge?

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 01:37 AM
link   
New York Times article about Gang Stalking and Mind Control.

www.nytimes.com...

new topics

top topics

join