It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can McCain win?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Dock6

The 'winner' has already been decided

I'm assuming that you are referring to an Obama win? When do you think it was decided and by whom?

Jemison

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I just watch with a smile on my face, because i can see what going on. Where i come from the Media are more for Obama than McCain. I really don't care who wins. Can McCain win? Yes he can. Do i think he's going to win? Yes. I have my reasons why!

I believe in something, and if that something is right, then McCain will win! If he dosen't win, well....lets just say that, this something will allways be there!

UK!

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by TSOM87

I believe in something, and if that something is right, then McCain will win! If he dosen't win, well....lets just say that, this something will allways be there!

Awwww, c'mon. Don't tease!

What is the 'something' you are referring to? Please share this information.

Also, I think you would be hard pressed to find any media outlet that favors McCain so it's not surprising that you say your media is leaning toward Obama.

I received a breaking news alert from Fox about 5 minutes ago saying that Obama is leading McCain 50 - 43%

Jemison

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Sorry to be ignorant, but what do the blue stars mean at the top of a post?

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Jemison

His overall lead looks solid, but the internals of that poll were actually a bit ugly for Obama.

He was leading 50-43, but the interesting thing is that it was only 48-47 among those who had already voted, down considerably from their last poll. While he led independents by 5, he only had 43% of their vote AND McCain had a higher favorability rating among independents, 62% vs 55%. Obama also trailed McCain 52-40 among white women and if that particular number is accurate, he's in trouble.

[edit on 3-11-2008 by vor78]

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by stinkhorn

Sorry to be ignorant, but what do the blue stars mean at the top of a post?

I don't really pay attention to those so I'm not the best person to answer but I do know that people can give you a star if they like your post. I wasn't sure how to do it but before I replied I clicked on the star above your name and it turned light blue.

Jemison

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by stinkhorn

He cannot even bring himself to vote yes or no, 190 votes were I am here, i am present. what a pussy.(cat)

Isn't John McCain officially the Senate's top voting absentee?

[edit on 3-11-2008 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Isn't John McCain officially the Senate's top voting absentee...

I haven't heard anything about Senator McCain voting absentee - I'm not even aware if they are allowed to vote via absentee.

But it's the 'present' votes that the poster is referring to. Obama voted "present" rather than voting for or against issues more than any other Senator ever has. To be fair, though Obama has the largest number of 'present' votes, he only voted that way 3% of the time.

Jemison

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I would have to say that McCain no longer has any chance of winning. With Obama's grandmother passing away today I believe many people will throw votes his way out of sympathy.

It's sad when anyone loses a family member so my heart does go out to Obama and his family but, the timing of this sure is fishy.

Jemison

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jemison
I haven't heard anything about Senator McCain voting absentee - I'm not even aware if they are allowed to vote via absentee.

But it's the 'present' votes that the poster is referring to. Obama voted "present" rather than voting for or against issues more than any other Senator ever has. To be fair, though Obama has the largest number of 'present' votes, he only voted that way 3% of the time.

Jemison

McCain has missed the most votes in the Senate this Congress, but considering he's been on the election trail, I guess it's expected to miss votes. Then again Obama's been on the same trail and got a lower percentage of missed votes than McCain.

Here

[edit on 3-11-2008 by davion]

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by davion

McCain has missed the most votes in the Senate this Congress, but considering he's been on the election trail, I guess it's expected to miss votes.

Thank you for the information. I was unaware that McCain had missed the most votes. I'm still going to vote for McCain but I always appreciate learning new facts about both candidates.

Jemison

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I believe that McCain will win. I live in Ohio, born and raised, and have watched polls say that Obama has Ohio and Indiana. I can tell you that Ohio will not go Obama, nor do I believe Indiana will. My spouse travels between Ohio and Indiana everyday, to different areas of each state, and has never believed the polls, when they have said Obama will take Ohio and Indiana. Better half has remarked for months how they rarely see an Obama sign between here and parts of Indiana. Even the county where we live, you can count on two hands Obama signs..
Obama doesnt, nor did he ever have Ohio or Indiana..sorry

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by MissysWorld

I believe that McCain will win. I live in Ohio, born and raised, and have watched polls say that Obama has Ohio and Indiana. I can tell you that Ohio will not go Obama, nor do I believe Indiana will. My spouse travels between Ohio and Indiana everyday, to different areas of each state, and has never believed the polls, when they have said Obama will take Ohio and Indiana. Better half has remarked for months how they rarely see an Obama sign between here and parts of Indiana. Even the county where we live, you can count on two hands Obama signs..

Thanks for the information - I put far more weight into first hand accounts such as yours than I do in the polls.

With Ohio being such a major battleground state, McCain winning would be huge for him but obviously he would have to win all of the other battleground states as well to pull off a win. I can't remember at the moment if Indiana is one of the battleground states.

Jemison

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jemison
reply to post by MissysWorld

Thanks for the information - I put far more weight into first hand accounts such as yours than I do in the polls.

With Ohio being such a major battleground state, McCain winning would be huge for him but obviously he would have to win all of the other battleground states as well to pull off a win. I can't remember at the moment if Indiana is one of the battleground states.

Jemison

Indiana is a battle ground of sorts. They say a strong or weak performance there for McCain will reflect how the rest of the nights going to go. If McCain performs strongly there its a good sign for McCain Camp.

Florida will go for McCain. I have been all over and I will say I have absolutely no doubt about it.

Virginia will be won by a squeak by either Obama or McCain.

I dont have the numbers on me atm for other states.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Virginia will be won by a squeak by either Obama or McCain.

yep ... Virginia will be won by one of the candidates you listed above.

Virgina and Ohio seem to be the two that everyone says McCain MUST win.

There is a lot of rumbling right now about the media reporting on early voting numbers. McCain's camp sent out a memo telling everyone to be very cautious when looking at those numbers because they have traditionally been called with a democratic lead when it all eventually turned out to go to the republicans.

In Southern California which always goes Democratic, it's rather interesting to note that McCain/Palin lawn signs are numerous as opposed to the Obama signs and vice versa with bumper stickers. Far more Obama stickers on people's cars than McCain stickers.

Jemison

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Polls and personal feelings don't mean squat.
The smart money goes here for real information.

www.vegas-sportsbetting.com...

If you know how to wager; who's the favorite?

There is very little difference in politics than playing the spread or
calculating the odds in holdem.

Look like to me that Sen. McCain is like trying to fill an inside straight.
It can happen though. And the good Lord knows I'm a sucker for long shots, chasing a flush, and going all in with JJ.

[edit on 3-11-2008 by whaaa]

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 07:14 PM
link   
If memory serves me correctly I believe the Vegas odds were highly in favor of a Kerry win in 2004.

I'm not sure why you believe that Vegas odds are more accurate than personal observations or polls, but it's amusing to see the election in the eyes of Lost Wages!

Jemison

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Jemison

Same here, they say Long Island is solid Obama/Democrat yet I dont know what Long Island they are talking about as I see barely a handful of Obama/Biden signs in a sea of McCain/Palin signs and I have more fingers then people I know who are voting for Obama. Close to 90% of the people I have spoken to are McCain/Palin all the way.

Suffolk County, NY is clearly a red/Republican county.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChrisF231
reply to post by Jemison

Same here, they say Long Island is solid Obama/Democrat yet I dont know what Long Island they are talking about as I see barely a handful of Obama/Biden signs in a sea of McCain/Palin signs and I have more fingers then people I know who are voting for Obama. Close to 90% of the people I have spoken to are McCain/Palin all the way.

Suffolk County, NY is clearly a red/Republican county.

I'm glad that I'm not the only one noticing that there seems to be more McCain/Palin support then what the polls are representing. Something seems so very off between the polls and what I am seeing and hearing on a day to day basis.

During the primaries wasn't Rush calling for everyone to vote for Hillary so that Obama couldn't win (or maybe the other way around) - is it possible that some group has gotten the word out to tell pollsters that they are going to vote for Obama when really they have no intention of doing so and are only saying it to give Obama a misleading sense of a sure thing?

Jemison

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Obama will win the popular vote.
McCain will win the collegic

This is why they have called all the troops home and have trained the Nation Guard for months to control the inner city rioting.

If Obama won, there would be no need to control the Republican Party goers.

If McCain wins, you will see a backlash of rioting in the streets that will make the Watts riots look like a little girls tea party.

I advise any members to steer clear of the election night crowds in the inner cities, any city in the U.S.A.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join