It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Enemy Within:US Female Soldiers Raped.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by jakyll

Its also bodes ill for the future.America will not be remembered in most of the world for all the good it has done.Instead,when the US is mentioned many people will think of things like this and they will shake their head in disgust.

Sadly, while I'm not blind to the weaknesses of mankind and not forgotten what good your country has done, its sad to see this happening still, in the land of the free.

okay...was the land of the free....and I hope it will be the land of the free again.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I think it is funny that in the Israeli armed forces after a hard days work most of the women are promiscuous. Sex happens a lot, and on more legitimate terms. I always love hearing mortar shells go off while I'm thrusting away. It's sad that a culture like this is tearing itself apart time and time again.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 12:10 PM
link   
It's pretty messed up that women in the military are being sexually assaulted by their own comrades.

Alas, I am not surprised.

They should probably supply the women with those Rapex Anti-Rape condoms. For those who don't know what they are, women can insert them into their vaginas. If a man puts his penis in there, the condom latches onto it with tiny little barbs that are on the inside. It can only be removed surgically. It doesn't do permanent damage to the penis if it's removed without delay.

When I first heard about the Rapex condom, one of the first things that came to my mind was, "What if some crazy, malicious girl wants to get back at her boyfriend?" Or, you know, there are plenty of other scenarios where this thing could be put to an evil use. And that's all no good.

In the case of these female soldiers, though, I think it would be a good idea. I know I'd rather get dehydrated as hell than ninja-stealth travel to the latrines at night and risk getting raped.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by -zeropoint-

Bush has nothing to do with this you retard. It's the assholes doing the raping who are to blame.
You blaming Bush for this is like me blaming your boss for you being late to work everyday. It's your responsibility to get there on time not your bosses. And it's the assholes over there who make the decisions to rape these women. Bush didn't tell them "hey rape female soldiers while your over there"
You Bunch of idiot Bush Haters.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Female soldiers aren't the only ones being raped, either. I read a story about three soldiers going into a house, killing a girl's parents and brother, then raping her before killing her. It's very unfortunate that this goes on, it seems like there's no honor or pride in the military anymore....unless you're special forces I guess.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   
AND STILL, the incident of rape on the military is about the same as in the civilian world, and probably lower than in the civilian world compared to some countries which have higher rape rates.

The article is nothing but a heavily biased, sexist attack on U.S. male soldiers. People who refuse to see these facts are nothing but a bunch of bigots.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   
As a female soldier raped in iraq, I did not ask for it. I asked to serve my country and to defend the weak. As a soldier I go in and rebuild infastructure of a war torn country or after a natural disaster. I am a mother, a daughter and in my 40's I am not 19-26, it happens.

But what happens afterward is worse. the lack of support, not being taken out of your unit , the snickering ,the looks of discust. Suck it up , mission first attitude. I am still attached to my unit and have panic attacks, the situation was swept under the rug and the ass**** got to retire with full benefits due to a clerical error on the part of the command.

I still have to deal with his buddies day in and day out and I hope to rotate but i still have 3 more years and one more tour in the desert before the military will let this warm body out. So the you asked for it...it is not so. and be aware that many females are being raped by the use of date rape drugs in the desert. They hand you a soda or a non alcoholic beer and it happens , that is what happened to me.

Have more respect for our female soldiers and dont shift blame, these are the men that are supposed to be watching our BACKS IN A FIREFIGHT. What happened to integrity, honor , courage committment?

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

A bigot is someone who is intolerant of another's views and opinions.The term can also be used to describe someone who sticks to their guns even when their views have proven to be false.Have the facts in the articles been proven as false? Are the figures reported by the Department of Defense false? Are all the reports from the House Homeland Security false? Are all the testimonies of soldiers given under oath false too?

It seems there are more facts than you are comfortable with.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by calihan123

I am pretty sure they recruit women into the military just so the men have someone to rape. When I enlisted in the marines they were always trying to get hot cheerleader or promiscuous type girls to join up.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 05:48 PM
link   
The link I edited in on my original post strongly indicates that straight shooting commanders of a unit who keeps tabs on his men and women and does not allow any harrassment, harrassment just doesn't happen. Or if it does, there is hell to pay.

It is obvious that major changes need to be implemented.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 05:57 PM
link   
People who say rape is about only power 100% of the time, are wrong.

Because you have no proof, you are are not inside every rapist mind. You are correct that power is the much larger percentage of rapes for sure

Some men(rapist) just want to have sex so strongly AND they have no self-control and and money pay for it. They don't take well to rejection and a no. They act like animals on instinct, it wrong of course, but it is what it is.

These men have no morals or ability to control their evil urges.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue_Jay33

Yeah,you said.

If these men are as you described;

Then they are rapists,not just someone who cannot help themselves.No man becomes a rapist just because he can't get his rocks off.And to use the excuse of having no money is pitiful,at best.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Everyone here is reacting as if these stories of mass rape were true.
Don't you think that if intra-military rape in Iraq was rampant, the
mainstream media would be all over this story with front page
headlines. Afterall, ABC, NBC & CBS used to thrive on reporting
abuses in Iraq, death counts...anything to make their/our country
look bad.

As far as I'm concerned, if the MainStreamMedia is not drooling over
these supposed atrocities, there's not much to the stories. Just over
hyped fabrications is what most of the write-ups probably are. We
have to keep our "common sense" hat on when reading sensational
accusations like this. -cwm

[edit on 3-11-2008 by carewemust]

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by calihan123
Of course women are going to get raped. These men are stuck over there for months, or years at a time with no contact with women.. if one comes in site, you better believe they are going to rape her.

That is a sad reality of having women in the service. But they should know the dangers of that happening, before they decide to become a soldier. How could they they not know that would happen?

Men are very sexual. When you take that away from them.. they do things they wouldnt normally do. Sex literally can control them. So whereas they wouldnt rape a woman in normal life, over there they do because sex is taken away from them.

Sorry, I don't agree with you, men make a "choice" to rape, that's all. Yes, these men would rape a woman in normal life if they felt that they could get away with it. Where they are they know they can "get away with it', and so they make the choice to commit harm upon another person.

Men make this choice, it is not forced upon them. Women should not have to change their lifestyle or choices because of a fear of "men".

Your statement, weather you know it or not, makes what these men are doing "ok" and "justifiable" as they are just men and it is what men do when blah blah blah.

You give them an excuse to grab hold of and say yeah yeah that's why we do it. While they snicker behind their hands going "ain't it great, now even this woman is giving us excuses for raping women."

You are part of the problem, men should not be given an excuse for harmful behavior, and you give them exactly that an excuse.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   
WOW....wow....Just when I thought I could hold my tongue. I am in the military and have been since 1989. I have spent time around military women, I have spent years around the globe. Never once have I or someone I knew, raped one of those woman. Never once have I or someone I knew disrespected a civilian. Im sure it happens, but some of you are making us out to be monsters. I really resent being called a retard and cannot abide having someone who was raped being called a retard. Who are you that you are so small minded?? I have personally investigated military crimes when I was in Security and I can tell you first hand, WE DO NOT cover these things up. Has it happened? Im sure it has, but thats a drop in a bucket of water when you look at the big picture, and these coverups are crimes themselves and the perpetrators punished to the fullest extent when they are uncovered. So please, before you go bashing us all for the crimes of a few, just try to use that lump on your shoulders to remember that we are all Americans with families and friends and we are no different from you.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blue_Jay33
People who say rape is about only power 100% of the time, are wrong.

Because you have no proof, you are are not inside every rapist mind. You are correct that power is the much larger percentage of rapes for sure

Some men(rapist) just want to have sex so strongly AND they have no self-control and and money pay for it. They don't take well to rejection and a no. They act like animals on instinct, it wrong of course, but it is what it is.

You don't even recognize your own statement above about rape being about power? They want sex so badly? The "power" play takes place in the above scenario as in the man knows he has the "power" for force his wishes upon another person, "power" over another as in "I want sex and I don't care that you don't" POWER OVER another person. If a man just wanted a plain ole orgasm he could masturbate.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by carewemust

Everyone here is reacting as if these stories of mass rape were true.
Don't you think that if intra-military rape in Iraq was rampant, the
mainstream media would be all over this story with front page
headlines. Afterall, ABC, NBC & CBS used to thrive on reporting
abuses in Iraq, death counts...anything to make their/our country
look bad.

Are you serious?

Things like this get covered up,thats why when the first reports appeared in 2004 there has been a media blackout until now,4yrs later.

After the controversy of the Abu Ghraib torture and prisoner abuse and the soldiers arrested for raping Iraqi women,do you really believe that the government would allow full media coverage of this?

As far as I'm concerned, if the MainStreamMedia is not drooling over

The mainstream media hasn't been drooling over the atrocities in Sudan,but they're happening and have been since 2003.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by amazed

From that point view you are correct about the power aspect.

Certain situations are more likely to lead to a man using his physical power to overcome and rape a woman than others.

Too much to drink for example and being around scantly clad women all evening, might make a man behave differently than if he was sober and around women in winter cloths. Certain visuals create micro sexual tension, that keep adding up, and a mans self control becomes more challanged as this happens.

On the physical power, the point is taken, that is obvious. The mental part is a completely different story.

One rapist said he literally lost his mind for a few moments, he never understood what came over him in that moment. But it is a choice, a choice that gives into the dark side of depravity and evil.

However there is an overwhelming overriding embedded force that compels most men to fulfill their biological destiny by mating with women, some men literally lose their minds to fulfill that destiny, whatever the cost.

Rape is the ultimate cost to the man and even more so the poor victim.

There is no excuse for evil like this, none. It is wrong 100% of the time.
I am just trying to explain it. And if you understand the nature of sin and it's full scope you gain further insight as well.

I had to do a ton of research on this once when a friend got date raped a few years back, it was so tragic and sad. But it gave me a better understanding that I never had before.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Sudan wasn't caused by the USA or George Bush. ABC/CBS/NBC
will put USA/George Bush induced atrocities on the front page every
chance they get. Why would they stop now and ignore such a
juicy story as this...unless there's not much substance. Common
sense, based on past reporting of these "big 3" is all you need to
look at in this, and any other case, where the USA or George Bush
could be shown as evil, but are not. If intra-military rape were
rampant in Iraq, it would make big headlines with ABC/NBC/CBS..
period!

Remember the 3 Navy girls that were raped at a midshipman
party in Annapolis a few years ago? It stayed top news for over
a week. The purported rape & rape fears that lead this particular
thread are much bigger and brutal in scope than the Annapolis
Officer party. Why no MSM headlines?

I love ATS overall, but some of you seem to be too paranoid and
skeptical. Too willing to believe the worst of human nature instead
of hoping for the best. I pray that you'll find internal happiness ASAP.
-cwm

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 08:05 PM
link   
women should stay out of military, there is no need for them there, they throw themselves into a man territory and wonder why they get manhandled ...hmm?

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join