It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Opinion of Aliens

page: 1
0
<<   2 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I've personally never seen any "sightings" but I am not going to rule out that aliens or UFOs exist. I believe that it is very much a possibility that there is life other then us in the universe. I personally never have seen any "craft" or "aliens". But I am becoming aware of the mass appeal of this topic.

My personal opinion of aliens is that they are spiritual in nature. When I ask people what did they feel during the experience with these "aliens"? The most common reply is utter fear, some people could not move, they were paralyzed to do anything. I find these abductions similar to experiences on the spiritual plane. I believe in angels & demons. Some people believe aliens are one in the same with demons.

I came across this video that is supposed to be off the dulce underground alien base. I video quality is as usual with most alien videos very grainy. But none the less it is very interesting. View this video here >> omega.metaworx.net...

Well just thought I would share my thoughts on this topic.




posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by oconnection
I've personally never seen any "sightings" but I am not going to rule out that aliens or UFOs exist. I believe that it is very much a possibility that there is life other then us in the universe. I personally never have seen any "craft" or "aliens". But I am becoming aware of the mass appeal of this topic.

My personal opinion of aliens is that they are spiritual in nature. When I ask people what did they feel during the experience with these "aliens"? The most common reply is utter fear, some people could not move, they were paralyzed to do anything. I find these abductions similar to experiences on the spiritual plane. I believe in angels & demons. Some people believe aliens are one in the same with demons.

I came across this video that is supposed to be off the dulce underground alien base. I video quality is as usual with most alien videos very grainy. But none the less it is very interesting. View this video here >> omega.metaworx.net...

Well just thought I would share my thoughts on this topic.


I have written this before and it still makes the most sense to me to think that the ETs are observing us the same way Jane Goodall observes her chimps.

The video link was interesting. No other info/backround on it?



posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I think your Jane Goodall analogy is very good. If you had some type of Galactic Civilization, would you let humans in at our present stage of development?

I don't think so, but you would sure watch em real close.



posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 07:41 PM
link   
In your opinion you would consider us a threat? Why is that?



posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by oconnection
In your opinion you would consider us a threat? Why is that?


Not a threat (to them) really. More along the lines of a bad influence. To continue the analogy, if you bring a chimp into your home, unless it's very well trained, it's probably going to break things and throw sh** everywhere. Chimp doesn't know any better. That is what they do in their own envorment. It's what they're used to. Until they reach a certain level of development that is unlikely to change.



posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ambient Sound
I think your Jane Goodall analogy is very good. If you had some type of Galactic Civilization, would you let humans in at our present stage of development?

I don't think so, but you would sure watch em real close.


I stand by my original thought of:

What level headed ET would want to get involved with us at this point in our development? All we do is fight amongst ourselves over power and religion. We kill each other over the most inane garbage.

If I were an EBE, I would sit back, bust out the popcorn and watch where things go.........

just some thoughts.
~Face



posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I find it interesting that a person would dislike his own species. I mean by no means are we perfect. We are far from it. But to compare us to chimps is ridicules. On this planet we are the most evolved species on this planet. As far as aliens go I have not seen any scientific evidence to prove or disprove there existence. I mean we have been trying contact aliens for years & years now.



posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by oconnection
I find it interesting that a person would dislike his own species. I mean by no means are we perfect. We are far from it. But to compare us to chimps is ridicules. On this planet we are the most evolved species on this planet. As far as aliens go I have not seen any scientific evidence to prove or disprove there existence. I mean we have been trying contact aliens for years & years now.


I never said I dislike humans. That is your own assumption.

Don't put words in my mouth or call my comparison ridiculous. I do believe that we are being observed, but I cannot prove or disprove that.

What I don't like is the way we treat each other.....like garbage. Deceit, war and religious strife are all on our calling cards. History backs me up on all of those points tenfold.

If I am going to compare us to a possible civilization that can make it here through space.........yes, we are chimps in comparison. Stupid fecal slingin' chimps.

Do you know what the first man-made object to enter into space was? The German V2 rocket on it's way to London. There you have it....... we are chimps......clever and inventive, but still chimps.

But at least Chimps don't kill each other over who worships the "right' god.



posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I agree with you Facefirst, nice words
about the underground alien base video, I think its fake it looks to classic but I believe we are being observed.
I wonder how many years must pass before something happens. Someday it comes for sure. Are there any serious alien/ufo investigators at ATS?



posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 11:28 PM
link   
It is a matter of opinion that we are like chimps compared to an advanced civilization that no one knows exists for sure. Have you met with an alien? Did you talk to him/her/it? How do you know that they are so much better then us? Why because they posses greater technology? Because they may be further along in evolution. You seem to be basing your argument on something that you believe exists. On something that you can't support with scientific evidence. Wouldn't that be classified as a type of religion? Isn't that religious redirect? You obviously have some anger problems to work out on your own.

I for one have studied human nature. My area of interest is secret societies. I know human nature's tendencies for selfish, corrupt ways. But at the same time I don't think that we are the scum of the earth ether.

As far as the video I came across I thought it looked a bit odd. But I wanted a second opinion on the matter.


[Edited on 29-3-2004 by oconnection]



posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 04:37 AM
link   
I think you should read this piece. It touches on the whole ufo phenomenon >> omega.metaworx.net...

"The plan for the creation of a socialist world government is protected by an artificial extraterrestrial threat from space. The entire UFO phenomenon and the uFOOLogy movement has been created to further the protection and activation of the plan.

Within MAJESTYTWELVE is Operation Majority justifying the plan by presenting an extraterrestrial threat as the reason for the necessity for world government ala "Who speaks for planet Earth... Argentina?" Exactly the manner in which Stanton T. Friedman ends his UFOs Are Real lectures.

Operation Majority is named after the original Bolshevik party which sparked the Russian Revolution. Bolshevik means the majority. The plan claims that if the American people are ever told of this extraterrestrial presence aliens will destroy the United States. All who have access to the plan or who inadvertently discover the plan are silenced by that warning. They believe in the government and thus believe the extraterrestrial lie. These dupes do not know that the Illuminati are the aliens who plan to destroy the United States of America in any event.

The natural skepticism of reporters insures that anyone who believes in extraterrestrial visitation or who links the so-called alien threat with the coming world government will be ridiculed and discredited. "


[Edited on 30-3-2004 by oconnection]



posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by oconnection
It is a matter of opinion that we are like chimps compared to an advanced civilization that no one knows exists for sure. Have you met with an alien? Did you talk to him/her/it? How do you know that they are so much better then us? Why because they posses greater technology? Because they may be further along in evolution. You seem to be basing your argument on something that you believe exists. On something that you can't support with scientific evidence. Wouldn't that be classified as a type of religion? Isn't that religious redirect? You obviously have some anger problems to work out on your own.

I for one have studied human nature. My area of interest is secret societies. I know human nature's tendencies for selfish, corrupt ways. But at the same time I don't think that we are the scum of the earth ether.

As far as the video I came across I thought it looked a bit odd. But I wanted a second opinion on the matter.


[Edited on 29-3-2004 by oconnection]


First off, your holier than thou/condescending attitute and psychological assumption is not appreciated.

Almost anyone who writes" I for one have studied..." is usually full of psuedo science and a little full of themselves.

I don't claim to be an expert in these matters. I am just giving my opinion.

You failed to read where I said that I believe that we are being observed and that I cannot prove or disprove my belief.

Religious re-direct? No. Not religion. I should explain myself better.......IF et's exist.....read on:

MJ12,Crop Cirlcles, Roswell....I do not have much faith in things like that. Pilots reporting strange advanced craft in the skies? Yes, that makes more sense to me....that lends me to believe that we are being watched to some extent. again, The only documented proof that I know of is the Belgian AirForce encounter of 89'/90. Were ET's piloting those craft? I don't know, but I lean towards that idea.

As for good and evil.... Humans are greedy and selfish. We are the scum of the earth. We are currently doing whatever any animal species on earth does when it's natural checks and balances fail......denude the landscape and overpopulate until we outstrip the land's ability to feed us. Think along the lines of the 1930's Austrailian rabbit epidemic.

What makes us the "scum" of the earth is that we know better. The Rabbits in Oz were only doing what nature programed them to do, while we have awareness and the ability to choose to not destroy our fellow man and enviorment.

Are ETs are good or bad? I don't know. Never met one.

And Dr. Freud, I will let you know how my anger problems work out....



posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by oconnection
But none the less it is very interesting. View this video here >> omega.metaworx.net...


Anybody can easily make videos these days, this particular one isn't of any particular interest, any more than the alien interview video.

Can't we have a
- clear video
- one which has a beginning and an end, instead of just a snippet
- with sound or narration, or both
- one with a clear history of who filmed it and who obtained it
- where it was filmed
- the date

Remember the sci-fi WTC video. It was well made and many mistook it for a real ufo. So if that can be done, what can really be said about the inferior dulce video?



posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I just was asking your opinion on the video. Thank you.

All I guess I have to say to you Facefirst is that our OPINIONS differ greatly. But having a different opinion is what ATS is all about. I was trying to have a debate with you on the topic. I'm sorry if you felt bashed, I wasn't trying to be arrogant. If I upset you I deeply apologize



posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 07:21 PM
link   
The video has been debated here at length, with the general concensus being of a fake...

However, you never know....

I'd disagree with the spiritual aliens theory though. For many reasons.....

1. there are numerous sources that show the aliens coming from space, including many that even corroborate each other, specifically in the Zeta-Reticuli system....even the mysterious "taking back" of a planet discovery there....

2. paper trail. There is a huge papertrail regarding the alien phenomenon as an extra terrestrial threat by the government...

3. tangible evidence and the use of devices. This paints them more as beings using technology, not spiritualism...or mysticism...



posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I think only the ones that are not ready for contact would be paralyzed to the rest of us, they could interact with us on another level.



posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 04:16 PM
link   
One would think with the typical stories of cow abduction and mutilation, that certain space aliens have a big problem. They hold technology perhaps millions of years ahead of us, but their morals, including social and political development is about as advanced as a cockroach. Of course we have no shortage of such personalities on the earth during its allegedly civilized history.

If the pattern holds for the rest of the space aliens, and for technology suppressing basic morality, we are all in big trouble. Frankly I prefer a docile but vibrantly alive savage in the rainforest to all the technological advanced personalities one could possibly imagine divorced from common decency.

Is this a problem with civilizations universally? I mean look at the basic immorality of wars, they advance technology but suppress basic humanity. The direction of it is total indifference to people, combined with vainglorious pride in "technology," and "prowess."

I think space aliens do have a big problem, and despite their massive IQs, their social skills with other personalities is so greatly lacking as to inspire nothing but contempt. Their only desirable advantage is the ability to travel in the Universe, and just as in the statement "What profit a man to gain the whole world, but lose his soul, his life principles," one can envision the point.

So my argument is that despite their technology, space aliens, until proven otherwise, are worthy of nothing but contempt and reproval. You can say otherwise under force, but the thought is there and indelibly linked with the actuality and truth of the matter.



posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I think the evidence is in support of Scolecite's comment. Some witnesses report friendly, fairly normal conversation with ETs, other witnesses report that ETs warned them by hand signals to stay away. One witness reported that ETs offered to share their lunch of pan-grilled cakes. Another witness hunting in the Florida Everglades tried to sneak up on a landed saucer and was hit by a light beam which knocked him unconscious and caused permanent damage to his eyesight. Many witnesses report that aliens waved to them from a distance in what they interpreted to be a friendly gesture. Many witnesses have reported that ETs used a non-lethal weapon that temporarily immobilized their voluntary muscles, apparently to prevent the human witness from interfering or threatening ET's activities. If you look at close-encounter reports that go back several decades very few seem to involve human abduction or attempted abduction.

It seems to me ET-human interaction spans the entire spectrum of possibilities, which is what I would expect between intelligent, adaptable, technically advanced social creatures.

[Edited on 31-3-2004 by Condorcet]



posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I do believe that there are other intelligent life forms out there some where in the universe. If there weren't, that would be an awful waste of space.


But if there were, how far away do think they would be away from the Solar System?


d1k

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by oconnection
View this video here >> omega.metaworx.net...


This link is now broken, does anyone else have the video?



new topics

top topics



 
0
<<   2 >>

log in

join