It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus costume gets child sent home from school

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Jesus costume gets child sent home from school

www.northjersey.com

A Paramus eighth-grader was sent home from school today and told to change out of his costume: They deemed Jesus Christ inappropriate.

COURTESY WOINSKI FAMILY
Alex Woinski “We're a little stupified by this whole thing,” said the boy's mother, Kim Woinski.

Jesus Christ was “one of the greatest men that ever lived," she added. "If he went as Abe Lincoln would they say he couldn't do that?"
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   
This is wrong on so many levels I don't know what to say. Did all the witches and devils have to leave or remove their costumes too, if this was my child I would have had that principle off his feet by his throat and demanded to be arrested so a Jury would see what this low life piece of trash did to my child in discrimination. I would beat his ass to put it simply, mess with my children, single them out to discriminate against them and see what happens...

Satan lives in that person who made this unconstitutional abhorrent decision.

www.northjersey.com

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Did you even read the article you posted?

From the article:

“They would have let him wear the costume, but he had to get rid of the crown of thorns and the beard,” Woinski said.

Woinski said other students who had inappropriate costumes were able to simply turn their shirts inside out or take off any offensive pieces.

So to answer to your question yes the other students did have to remove or change their outfits

On a side note I agree it's a bit silly but to say that satan lives inside the person who made the decision? wow...just wow

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   
''satan'' lives within all of us, and everything.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Hail Satan!

Look, the last person we need to show up at school is Jesus Christ. Look at how he's screwed up everything thus far. The Vikings were grooving along just fine then POOF! There came the Christian Disruption.

Besides, Christianity is Communism. Just read the words of that Jesus Christ poofter and you'll see. He was for paying taxes. He was all for the redistribution of wealth. He was against making a buck off of religion. We don't need him!

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   
This story made detentionslip.org... ! Check it out for all the crazy headlines from our schools.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 01:06 PM
link   
What's wrong with the beard? A crown of thorns may be a little too much. A guy dressed up like Jesus at my high school last year, and nothing happened to him. Haha, Christianity is communism? You guys are creative..

Edit: While typing my post, I read a post by an Anonymous user that said Christianity was communism, and now it's not on the thread, so I didn't pull that out of thin air...

[edit on 2/11/08 by wisefoolishness]

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Are you implying that the devils horns are any safer at school? Anything can become a weapon, come on, my 4th grader wanted to dress as jesus for halloween at his school, I said no. Not a good idea. We dropped it. No biggie.

The school was retarded...

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

I'm not getting where you're coming from.

I'm not condoning the actions of the school, merely calling out the sensationalism of the OP.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by theindependentjournal

This is wrong on so many levels I don't know what to say. Did all the witches and devils have to leave or remove their costumes too, if this was my child I would have had that principle off his feet by his throat and demanded to be arrested so a Jury would see what this low life piece of trash did to my child in discrimination. I would beat his ass to put it simply, mess with my children, single them out to discriminate against them and see what happens...

Satan lives in that person who made this unconstitutional abhorrent decision.

www.northjersey.com

I'd venture a guess that Satan lives inside YOU after that very descriptive post about the VIOLENCE you'd commit on someone over a Halloween costume.

No, I'm not saying the principle was right. Yes, I think the kid should have just taken off the crown of thorns. Other children were asked to modify their costume. My kids school sent home a notice of what was and wasn't appropriate at least a week before Halloween. Kids that didn't follow the notice were asked to modify. No biggie.

To threaten violence over such "discrimination" probably wouldn't be helping the situation much, IMO.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 01:23 PM
link   
you all have to understand something.....Halloween to most christians, who actually read they're bible, is sacreligious, in the bible were are explicitedly told to abstain from things dealing with witchcraft, ghosts, monsters, demons, etc. Halloween dates back to times when the celtics believed that on Halloween eve the boundary between the dead and the living dissolved, and the dead would cause problems. in Christianity, it is suppose to be against our religion to associate with these things. now most people today of course don't see anything wrong with kids dressing up and getting candy, but thats not the point, picture a Jewish child bringing home a ham for dinner, or a muslim child dressing up as Mohammed on a muslim sacreligious day, etc, Halloween to Christianity is not a good thing, if you are deep in your faith, (not a fundie, or extreme) by deep I mean, you have faith in God and Jesus, and your read your bible, and you go to church, and you try your best to do what God instructs us to do, then Halloween is not suppose to be for the christian faith. Which is why I don't understand the parent's confusion, if they believe in Jesus, then they should have known this. Yes Jesus was a great man, , a perfect man, and therefore dressing up as him on one of the most sacreligious holidays to a christian is cause for concern.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   
They're so lucky that wasn't me when I was in 8th grade.
I would have removed the crown of thorns and come back to school carrying a huge cross, like I was being persecuted by the school.

Just so they would send me home again.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by ashamedamerican
They're so lucky that wasn't me when I was in 8th grade.
I would have removed the crown of thorns and come back to school carrying a huge cross, like I was being persecuted by the school.

Just so they would send me home again.

THAT is the kind of thing I would actually encourage my kids to do. There are great ways to make a statement without going out of control.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   
The whole thing is ridiculous and funny.
What do they deem appropriate at that school, I wonder?
I think its humorous a kid chose Jesus.
What a wacky world we live in.
Could he have been Moses?

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by theindependentjournal
if this was my child I would have had that principle off his feet by his throat and demanded to be arrested so a Jury would see what this low life piece of trash did to my child in discrimination. I would beat his ass to put it simply, mess with my children, single them out to discriminate against them and see what happens...

It's great to see that you profess such a strong faith in the religion of love and understanding
. It's stuff like that which gives me absolutely no respect for you or your beliefs.

[edit on 11/2/2008 by Yarcofin]

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Well can you imagine if I sent my child dressed as Mohamed the Prophet.

There would be serious fears for my child's safety...
I think also what if he dressed up as John McCain.
He would have been sent home also.
Religious and political figures are never a good costume idea.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Interestinggg

Your life would probably be threatened if you sent your kid to school like that. Muslims would be sooo pissed.

And he might get beaten up by some democrats, too..

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 05:07 PM
link   
That is inappropriate for our current society.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Reddupo

Care to explain your reasoning?

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Reddupo
That is inappropriate for our current society.

So a muslim child could dress as jesus, (as long as he doesn't wear a crown of thorns) but a christian child dressing like Mohamed would be "inappropriate for our current society"?

Holy ridiculous double standard batman!

I hope that is not your feeling, and that I'm misunderstanding you.
Because that's as bad as saying that only white people are capable of being racist.

Personally I'd never tip toe around someone else's religion, when some people of that religion call the rest of the world "infadels" and think we should be converted or die.

If they're gonna dish it out, they should have no choice but to take it in return, or stuff it.
but that's just my opinion...

[edit on 2-11-2008 by ashamedamerican]

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join