It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do Aliens use lights on their ships??

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 05:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Liberty1

Good possibilities! The problem is that we really don't know how likely it is that aliens would be visiting Earth. For all we know, it happens every day and 99% of their ships aren't detected/seen by anyone in any way. Or there's a chance no aliens have ever visited. We can only guess based on what we know.

[edit on 5-11-2008 by GrayFox]

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 05:26 AM
link   
The general consensus on how those machines are flying in atmosphere is involving electromagnetism, maybe coupled to some anti-gravity device as such. Electromagnetism is the explanation: ionised air gets bright, like a source of light.

My guess is that the light in itself has no use at all, it is simply an effect of the propulsion system on the environment (air), and it would of course not appear in the vacuum of space.

However, there are many accounts of properly speaking lights, like light beams, and those are not to be confused: these last ones are as such a means to light something at a distance, while the light observed around a ship are not there as a means to light something, they appear as an effect, like waves in the water when a sea ship is moving on it.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zenagain
What, pray tell, is an "inter galactic being"? They evolved in between galaxies? I think it's a valid concept, that beings could evolve differently than us and not see the visible spectrum of light and therefore not see it as a huge "red flag" to us on the ground. Maybe thier minds are so completely different than ours that they can't even grasp the "concept" of visible light. Or maybe they don't exist at all?

An inter galactic being is just that..one that can travel through many galaxies and dimensions. A basic understanding of the light spectrum would be something they grasped long ago. Yes their minds are probably different from ours but not in the way you say, they are us and a lot more. I dont even believe we are having a conversation about how aliens cant "grasp the concept" of visable light as you say. This is verging on the ridiculous , and even more ridiculous is your statement they may not even exist at all. This would mean they couldnt see our sun or any other star for that matter..bit dangerous if you ask me flying around not actually realizing your about to fly into a sun!!!!

However yes the concept you put forward of aliens evolving with no idea of the visible light spectrum is a valid one, but I dont think they would be at the point of inter dimensional travel without this basic understanding of the Universe do you? Its like us going to the moon but not having a basic understanding of gravity...it wouldnt work, we wouldnt be able to design the craft to get there would we. A basic understanding of physics is definatly required Id say to travel just off your own planet.

[edit on 5-11-2008 by Mr Green]

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Very good that you mentioned gravity. Stars have gravity wells and probably 30 or so other emissions other than visible light that could be used to detect them, so no, being able to see visible light is not necessarily a detriment to space travel or interstellar travel for that matter. I also take issue with your "certainty" that they exist "at all" much less that they are inter-dimensional travelers or able to travel over interstellar distances. If you have some kind of mainline proof that aliens exist, or the nature of them, by all means show us. You'll end up being one of the most famous people in Human history.....

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zenagain
Very good that you mentioned gravity. Stars have gravity wells and probably 30 or so other emissions other than visible light that could be used to detect them, so no, being able to see visible light is not necessarily a detriment to space travel or interstellar travel for that matter. I also take issue with your "certainty" that they exist "at all" much less that they are inter-dimensional travelers or able to travel over interstellar distances. If you have some kind of mainline proof that aliens exist, or the nature of them, by all means show us. You'll end up being one of the most famous people in Human history.....

Well Ive seen one is that good enough evidence? No pics sorry. So actually seeing one does make you believe in them more than not seeing one for sure. However if I hadnt seen one Id still be requiring proof as all those do that havent seen one do.
Good point about gravity by the way, I hadnt thought of that.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 08:45 AM
link   
...........................and then of course there are the UFOs without lights.
The ones I saw go over my house around 1998-2000 were bright spherical balls of light with no distinguishing individual lights on them. The UFOs without lights have have also been reported as black silloquettes against the night sky.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 08:50 AM
link   
What I wanna know is:

Do UFO's have windscreen wipers? I mean, they must encounter rain in our atmosphere and the occasional bug splatter. How do they remove it? Or is there an anti grav shell around them the propels everything like a big electronic umbrella/bug zapper?

IRM

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Where I do not believe we are being visited by alien beings, I will say that "if" we are there are several possibilities for the lights includin many of the ones already described.

A) They could have external crystals that are part of their systems that reflect light and appear to give off light.

B) It could be a reflection of light from thier atmospheric dampers or shields.

C) They could cause slight atmospheric desturbances that cause lightning like effects around the ships.

These are just a suppose type of thing but how do these sound?

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Maybe the answer is simple.....the UFOs with lights are the fakes, hoaxes and government vehicles designed to be seen but not identified.

Alien ufos don't have them.

[edit on 7/11/2008 by nerbot]

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

I think in a way governments are creating excuses for what people see by blending where they got the technology from (UFO's) and back engineering them for their own purpose.

The odd shapes of the stealth aircraft and even the b2 bomber made people at first question what they were, that is the base for their excuses. A real UFO could be flying above someone's house and the first thing people will conceive of just like the stealth fighter and b2 bomber is secret government aircraft.

Basically there are plenty of UFOs but determining who flies them and who they belong too is a much harder task unfortunately

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by prevenge

orly? haha

Ill be sure to ask the next alien i see this question, so i can let you know if it stands to reason.

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Retikx

Please MTV...Pimp my UFO! haha

Maybe they DO use them to give us earthlings a little thrill.

"Hey Frank...put on the hull lights and lets have some fun with the locals!"

There are so many reports of different shaped UFO's and encounters with different species of aliens...it wouldnt surprise me if we were part of some sort of galactic tour or zoo.

"And over here on your left you will see an area commonly referred to as Area 51 by the locals. Lets see what happens when we do some erratic flying and flash our lights. If we are lucky they will send some of their primative flying craft out to confront us and then we can really have some fun. Be sure to check out the giftshop at the end of the tour."

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Drakiir

Basically there are plenty of UFOs but determining who flies them and who they belong too is a much harder task unfortunately

Yes i think you are right Drakiir. Many things fly through our skies but that doesnt mean aliens are actually flying them . Who is to say aliens far more advanced than us even need alien craft. I think they may possibly be just pure energy and have no need for crafts as such.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join