It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do Aliens use lights on their ships??

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 01:24 AM
link   
I have a new idea. The lights could be sensors to scan things. It would be kinda like how they use lasers and barcodes at stores, though much more advanced than something like that. Another idea is that the lights could be there so we don't crash our planes into their ships. They could probably just move away, but maybe they'd rather have the lights show up as a backup. They know we don't have any proof of what the lights are, so they don't worry.

[edit on 3-11-2008 by GrayFox]

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 06:50 AM
link   
The ETs that everyone is talking about arrived from deep space.
(as proved by the STS-48 and STS-114 video)

We can only speculate that they have a base on the moon.
(why wouldn't they?)

Some arrive in a 'seed-like' state.
Some arrive in a 'pea-pod' like state. (STS-109)

Once they get here, they grow in the atmosphere.
They use quantum crystal mechanics to manouvre.
They 'obsorb' matter from the atmosphere as they grow.

Visible light is a side product of their metamorphosis phase.

Visible light is also emitted when various orbs merge.

Flying in formation also emits light as energy is exchanged.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Assuming that they don't necessarily have to stay floating in the air 24/7 they might even need them to illuminate the surroundings during landing back @ base or on a shipdeck of some sort, or possibly to avoid collisions in space...

or it could be just that its the galactic federation of light, lol

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 07:19 AM
link   
If these craft are ET in origin who knows what their motive for disguise is? What would you think people were if you were an ant, you would know they exist but you could never understand what they are. Perhaps to ET's we are like ants they don't try to hide but we can't understand them. At the same time its not like they stir up ants nests everyday by invading our major cities a responsible thing to do. Who knows.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 04:58 AM
link   
nevermind the spaceships, i'm more concerned about the lights on space debris and ice particles, amazing things have you seen them?

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Retikx
Its entirely possible that it is the equivalent to our human brethren zooming around our streets with 72 inch plane wings and bright pink and blue lights under their cars.. It stands to reason that there would be "adolescent" alien beings out there that like to show off..?

No.

It doesn't stand to reason.

-

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Maybe they do this to try and "blend" in and appear as aircraft. I saw a very strange UFO once that sort of shot out of nowhere from a big flash of white light. This was quickly followed by a flash of red light. It was all black and travelling very fast and erratic. It looked similar to the space shuttle but with no wings. Once it reached aircraft height it put lights on

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Oh boy a thought exercise!

Ok this is one that I love to see the skeptics /debunkers use-"Hey they have lights=Not an Alien"

Lights have many uses and sources. So any and all reasons Humans use lights on their craft could apply equally to Craft of non human origins. Then add all the reasons a non human might use lights and LOL you have more reasons that lights might appear then we could know.

So that begs the question.

If I were visiting another planet I would either make myself known...or make sure that I am NOT making myself known.

You answer your own question. "IF you" were visiting...

Aliens are not Human and probably more advanced then us by orders of magnitude. Thus many aliens probably don't care that they use lights any more then we care when we use lights. Does someone on a Safari at night really care that the Chimps can see the lights on their Range Rover?! Probably only if they want to observe "natural behavior".

Alien 1: Ok folks tonight we are going to dim the party lights and go into stealth mode as we observe a human event called a "Pool Party!"

Aliens 2 through 12: OOOOOHHHHHHHH!

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 08:50 AM
link   
I believe that the sighting of lights/orbs are some sort of energy merkaba's which are a spiritual vehicles. Unlike ufo's which are unidentified space crafts, which could mean they are more like man made crafts. But, the lights/orbs sighting are probably alien being who are traveling with their merkaba's.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Or they really only want to avoid a situation when a local pilot accidentally crashes into them.

As they say, what u can't see, u can't avoid

There is also the possibility that the lights are a side effect of their propulsion system.

I doubt they would use lights for communication. Atleast not on a big scale.
(a small comm laser would be all they need)

Then again their logic and thinking might be so different from ours so that they might use the lights for god knows what, from scaring the locals to having them on as tuning elements.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 09:03 AM
link   
In all probability The objects with lights are from Here Man Made and the ones without lights are not from here alien

then again maybe there planet is Dark and they need lights.

most technology is alien anyway.

Brian

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   
could be to identify each other.....

our planes/helis have lights on them to warn other planes they are there, and to aid traffic controllers.....

maybe they use lights on thier ships so that the space traffic controllers and other saucers can see where they are.....it could have nothing to do with us.....

do we consider what sparrows and swans think of our planes....?

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Helmkat
Oh boy a thought exercise!

Ok this is one that I love to see the skeptics /debunkers use-"Hey they have lights=Not an Alien"

Lights have many uses and sources. So any and all reasons Humans use lights on their craft could apply equally to Craft of non human origins. Then add all the reasons a non human might use lights and LOL you have more reasons that lights might appear then we could know.

So that begs the question.

If I were visiting another planet I would either make myself known...or make sure that I am NOT making myself known.

You answer your own question. "IF you" were visiting...

Aliens are not Human and probably more advanced then us by orders of magnitude. Thus many aliens probably don't care that they use lights any more then we care when we use lights. Does someone on a Safari at night really care that the Chimps can see the lights on their Range Rover?! Probably only if they want to observe "natural behavior".

Alien 1: Ok folks tonight we are going to dim the party lights and go into stealth mode as we observe a human event called a "Pool Party!"

Aliens 2 through 12: OOOOOHHHHHHHH!

You're only partially right. True enough you make a good point in saying I'm looking at it from a human point of view. Point well taken.

But I haven't answered my own question as you say. You have simply added another POSSIBILITY to the euqation. Your new possibility is that they may not care. That's just MY point. You say they "may" not care. That leaves open the possibility that they DO care whether they are seen or not.

Personally, I am a skeptic, but a very open minded one. Here's what I see so far as possibilities regardless of likelyhood:

1. The light are an unexplained natural phenomenon.

2. The lights are an explained natural phenomenon that the viewer doesn't understand or want to understand.

3. Secret gov't experiment.

4. Hoax

5. Aliens that don't realize they're being seen.

6. Aliens that don't care they're being seen or aliens that want to be seen.

7. Aliens that don't understand what "being seen" means.

Given the nature of everything I've seen about aliens. And everything I've learned about the world I'd say 3 is the most likely with 1 and 2 close behind. I don't think it is likely we've been visited...as much as I'd like that to be true.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Aliens use lights on their craft so that human-made cameras cannot focus properly and images are always blurred. Surely that is the only explanation.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by paraphi
Aliens use lights on their craft so that human-made cameras cannot focus properly and images are always blurred. Surely that is the only explanation.

In place of the smiley faces I had here let me put my response this way:

Gee that was quite witty and amusing.

[edit on 5-11-2008 by Liberty1]

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Liberty1

Originally posted by paraphi

I lost 20 points for putting 3 laughing faces up once...be careful how you reply!!

Anyway, I cant see for one minute aliens would put lights on to stop us from crashing into them, that explanation is just madness. They travel across dimensions and galaxies to reach us, only to have to put crash lights on....no I cant see it.

Anything with lights on is man made ( present or future) as far as I can see. Lights is such a human invention. Light ships yes I can see, ships made entirely of energy, full of light but not actually with lights on. Aliens that vibrate at such a high frequency they and their ships are pure energy would not require silly little light bulbs on their outer surface. Lights = human craft.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Oops, I didn't know that about the smiley faces. What the heck is the ats and bts ratings all about anyway?

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Maybe they don't see the visable light spectrum, and as such, don't realize that they have lights we can see. We can't see radio spectrum but we "use" it, maybe a landing craft of ours flying over an alien world where the natives see in the radio spectrum would evoke the same questions from them.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zenagain
Maybe they don't see the visable light spectrum, and as such, don't realize that they have lights we can see.

Dont realize we have a visable light spectrum
They are inter galactic beings, whos advancment in science is vast...dont realize about the way light works....I think they know this and much more!

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 04:27 AM
link   
What, pray tell, is an "inter galactic being"? They evolved in between galaxies? I think it's a valid concept, that beings could evolve differently than us and not see the visible spectrum of light and therefore not see it as a huge "red flag" to us on the ground. Maybe thier minds are so completely different than ours that they can't even grasp the "concept" of visible light. Or maybe they don't exist at all?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join