It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pentagon Warns Europe About Iran Missiles.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Pentagon Warns Europe About Iran Missiles.

www.presstv.ir

Pentagon's Missile Defense Agency says Iran is close to using its missile capabilities against Washington and its European allies.

In a recent address in Prague, head of Pentagon's Missile Defense Agency, Henry A. Obering III stepped up efforts to persuade the Czech Parliament to ratify the deployment of a US missile defense shield in the country's territory.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.globalsecuritynewswire.org
www.monste rsandcritics.com
www.ceskenoviny.cz

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Apparently its urgent,the US has to have a defense shield set up in eastern Europe because Iran have missiles.

It seems America's fear mongering knows no bounds,just like their BS war.It also seems that they,as with Pakistan,are hoping bribery will work as they have said they will provide $600,000 for funding of three Czech scientific projects.

With any luck the Czech government will procrastinate until there is a new US president.

www.presstv.ir
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Only you could paint this rather neutral situation as further proof of the evil American Empire.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by SuperViking

Thanks for the compliment.Coming from you that means a lot.

And neutral,i hardly think so.Deploying troops to US military bases already in the area is neutral.Wanting to install weapons and soldiers because Iran may or may not attack is serious.Trying to goad Iran into some kind've attack is deadly serious.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   
...In what way is that trying to goad Iran? I mean...what?

This is just another step in trying to move all EURCOM assets from Germany (and to a lesser extent, Italy) to Eastern Europe. It's pretty normal.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Its quite simple.
The fact that the US want these things in place and is using Iran as an excuse makes this a form of goading,it is urging them to show some kinda reaction to it,an aggressive one if possible.

And if it was normal then it wouldn't be big news.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 09:25 AM
link   
remind me again which Iranian missile can actually REACH europe?

oh thats right

NONE.

the range of the shahab 3 will splash into the sea south of greece.

fear mongering at its worst from the USA.again.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by jakyll

Its quite simple.
The fact that the US want these things in place and is using Iran as an excuse makes this a form of goading,it is urging them to show some kinda reaction to it,an aggressive one if possible.

And if it was normal then it wouldn't be big news.

That's most backwards logic I've ever heard. And it makes no sense.

No surprise.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 10:34 AM
link   
In even more simplified terms;

Russia decides to set up a defense shield in Central America to help protect Cuba from the US.They tell everyone this,even though there is no concrete evidence that the US are wanting to attack Cuba.

Does America react to this provocation,or does it ignore??

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Ignore. An attack does not become more or less probable dependent upon such things.

Although it has to be said your example is astoundingly bad because the Central America is in the US' historical sphere of influence while the Czech Republic is in no way part of Iran's.

Seriously, what education do you have in international relations? You seem grossly unequipped to be having these conversations.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I doubt very much that this shield has anything to do with Iran. The only country arguing against it is not Iran, but Russia. So i think that it might point to the solution of out-of-range thing. Russia behaves more aggressive on international field and US uses the shield as an out-liner of spheres of interest. You also can see that countries who asked for this system (Baltic states) are not expressing concern for Iranian issue at all. Other country, much closer, makes them concerned.
I do not know who started this escalation, but Russia is edgy and aggressive because it feels that its interests are not respected (or even old secret agreements not fulfilled) and US/NATO are edgy since they see how autocratic Stalin-respecting regime is being installed and threatens to destabilize the area. Iran is used as a scare crow ,and its leader indeed deliver war massages plus nuclear/missile programs are being invested in.
Edit - wrong word.

[edit on 3-11-2008 by ZeroKnowledge]

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Seriously, what education do you have in international relations? You seem grossly unequipped to be having these conversations.

Yet you persist on shadowing me through my political debates.

The Czech Republic is less than 2000 miles from Iran,can you find a country the same distance from the US that isn't historically influenced by it?

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Yes, I persist to follow you because you spread good information through a lens of misinformation. Like the time you tried to paint it as "shocking" that the US military mirrors US society in rape cases.

And again here: What is your question trying to lead to? Can you point to a nation less than 2000 miles from Russia, France, or the UK that hasn't been historically influenced by them? No, you can't, because that's what world superpowers do: Influence events. If they didn't use their national power to do such, their governments would be guilty of dereliction of their duties. What is your point? The Czech Republic is not in Iran's sphere of influence. Case closed.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I fail to see how a US Missile Shield parked in the Czech Republic is going to stop a supposed Iranian missile from hitting the Continental US.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   

What is your point? The Czech Republic is not in Iran's sphere of influence. Case closed.

My point again is simple,my mistake,i know you don't understand simplicity.

If there was a country near America that doesn't fall under its influence i woulda used that country to make my point.As there isn't,you just have to put yourself in to the hypothetical situation i was describing and imagine that there is a country near America that isn't influenced by it.

Like the time you tried to paint it as "shocking" that the US military mirrors US society in rape cases.

I did no such thing.You asked why the article made this point,i gave you the same reason the article did.I did not give my opinion.Again,too simple!

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 01:53 PM
link   
So if a mythical country existed, and was offered support by Iran, you'd think the US would attack it because of that support?

I can't even wrap my mind around that, for several reasons, the primary being that American foreign policy is absurdly shaped by it's geographic position, rivaled only by Germany, Russia, and the UK. Separating it from that makes no sense. It's like asking if I was born in Xi'An in 700 AD as a woman to the son of a lantern merchant if I'd still be a fan of the Cubs and love gyros. It makes no sense- one directly follows the other.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by SuperViking
So if a mythical country existed, and was offered support by Iran, you'd think the US would attack it because of that support?

Actually yes it would. In a similar situation with Cuba and the Soviet Union, the US nearly led the world into a World War.

How would you Americans feel if Russia built ''missile shields'' in the Caribbean or in Central or South America? Not so bloody smug now are you?

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Cuba was well within the US' sphere of influence as per the Monroe Doctrine. Generations of American executives (and legislators) have had a vested in interest in protecting the area.

So no, that's not AT ALL what we're talking about. I am VERY smug when someone brings something up that has already been covered and think they made a point. The issue was a nation not within the US' sphere of influence, as the Czech Republic is not under Iran's.

Not even a good try.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Isn't this the discredited news source that has been linked with making outrageous and completely unsupportable claims in the past?

It's pretty much like The Onion but the humor is unintentional.

[edit on 3-11-2008 by Retseh]

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   
SuperViking

So imagine that Cuba wasn't.
Imagine the Cold War was still on and the Soviets put a defense shield on Cuba.Would you be smug then?

Bottom line is,the US is trying to provoke Iran into action.They,along with Israel are willing Iran to make a move.Accusing them of having WMD was the same ploy used by Saddam,and we all know how well thats turning out.

Retseh

Isn't this the discredited news source that has been quoted for making outrageous claims in the past?

It gets discredited because its Persian owned.Some people think that if it doesn't come from a western source then it can't be true.

If it makes you feel better here's the story from New Yorks Herald Tribune.
www.iht.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join