It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Which UFO is the scariest/weirdest looking?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Which UFO is the scariest/weirdest looking or are they all humanoid shape?

I once read that 2 army personnel died instantly from a heat attack after seeing 1 type of alien walking down a corridor towards them.

Could this be true?

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by hey1212

Could you reference or remember the book you read that tidbit from? I think the scariest would be the Insectoid type of alien. Most of us hate having bugs in the house, so can you imagine coming face to face with a giant cockroach?

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by hey1212
Which UFO is the scariest/weirdest looking or are they all humanoid shape?

I once read that 2 army personnel died instantly from a heat attack after seeing 1 type of alien walking down a corridor towards them.

Could this be true?

Some of these are quite freaky looking-
www.rense.com...
As for the quote about the guards,I seem to remember John Lear mentioning that incident although Ive never seen it in print.
Cheers Karl

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I think i possibly heard it from John Lear on Art Bells Coast to Coast radio show but i purposely refrained from saying that cos i not be completely certain.

I don't mind bugs too much but probably a huge military type alien that was built only for war and hates everyone!!!

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

I forgot about Mothman, although it is not known if that is an alien of crypto creature. At the bottom of the Rense article, the creature looks an awful like Gamera the giant turtle.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   
In Lear's infamous (read: ridiculous) 'Lear Test', he mentions the personel having a heart attack when seeing the alien without having been properly prepared.

If I remember correctly, he said they show them pictures of beings that aren't quite the same as the actual thing, but are still terrifying. He mentions they condition them to avoid such heart attacks.

[edit on 11/2/0808 by spines]

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Scariest LOOKING alien..

The Cylons. Why? Because they look just like us and you cannot kill them. Sure, you can kill there body, but they just come back in a different one a few hours later.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Yea i see him. He looks a bit cuddly tho not really a scary alien.

Im scanning the net for interesting facts but anything i find is hard to credit

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Yea but the Cylons would be more like a nuisance plus of the female ones might pleasant to look at.

There's bound to be an ultimate bad ass looking alien that has massive tentacles and feds off blood but can only eat things alive etc

Or an alien that is 100 ft tall with big teeth and shoots electric out of it's arse
! There's bound to an alien so scary that we can't possibly begin to perceive its power or disfiguration etc.

I thought the alien in Cloverfield was quite original and unique (just my opinion tho)

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by hey1212
Yea but the Cylons would be more like a nuisance plus of the female ones might pleasant to look at.

That is what makes them so terrifying. When you cannot seperate them from us, who is to say that they aren't the ones in charge already? Sure there is a LOT of talk about shapeshifting aliens, and this goes back to the same point.

The scareist looking aliens are the ones we can't distinguish from our own family and friends.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 12:13 PM
link   
how about the ones that come across our planet, sleep with our women and breed with us, and continue to dominate us to this day, unbeknownst to the majority of the population?!!!

they've even got us working for THEM! now THAT'S scary!

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Yea but an alien that looks like me wouldn't be scary.

You probably wouldn't believe them for a start and an alien that has to prove itself after seeing it doesn't really qualify as terrifying just creepy and weird

I mean an alien that creates shear terror when seen and is so scary that people find it hard to look at and maybe vomit with fear!!!

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Our galaxy probably holds creatures that are far more terrifying than the grey alien of popular culture. I would imagine there are things out there that would make Lovecraft proud.

I found some aliens that were a lot stranger and frightening than the stereotypical grey in books like Faces of the Visitors by Kevin Randle and the Field Guide to Extraterrestrials by Patrick Huyghe.

[edit on 2-11-2008 by SaviorComplex]

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I was watching a documentary about ufo's a few years back and a video of a ufo landing on top of the Kremlin was shown.I have seen ufo videos before but this is the only one to date that gives me the creeps.This thing looked like a spider or a hand with all the fingers pointed down.It was taken at night.I get chills just thinking about it.It may have been a hoax,but to this day that thing creeps me out.Ive seen still photos of the same type of object before.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by hey1212

Seeing a ufo at distance is fun it's what we are all after. When you make contact and bring it right down then yes there's something inside like something of the natural fear thing that can make one want to run for the hills. Guess it's a fear of the unknown but it can make you scared beyond belief.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by ufoorbhunter

Guess it's a fear of the unknown but it can make you scared beyond belief.

Yea i agree it is a lot to do with fear of the unknown. I would assume that if i saw an alien in my back garden i would freak out but if i saw the same alien when i was standing on Jupiter after accepting their existence and gathering a greater understanding of them more then it would be easier to handle and less scary if scary at all.

I suppose its a trust issue plus reluctance to accept our vuneribility cos we have been top of our food chain for so long with no natural enemies etc.

Anyone know any creditable sites with sketches of various aliens? I need to find their weak spots!!!
LOL

I hope they have nuts that my foot can reach!

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   
This is a cool thread.

I dunno why, but for me the scariest alien/humanoid/ufo has to be from that video:

Mexican Flying Humanoid

Jeez...I think it was because I had recently read a creepy abduction case about a guy who got so freaked out by his nightmares/abductions, that he started working nights. During his nightshifts, he would occasionally see these creepy dudes hovering on little platforms wearing dark purple cloaks.

I have no idea where I read the abduction case (it wasn't ATS), I have also never bothered looking into the attached video because it creeped ME OUT!

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 04:53 PM
link   
You said UFO, so seeing one is scary but I only seen one
fly over head.

For aliens.. bring in some of these guys on this thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

join