It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Matt Damon Rips Sarah Palin

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 09:58 AM
link   
"CBS News RAW": Actor Matt Damon criticizes Alaska governor Sarah Palin, citing her inexperience in national politics and comparing her candidacy to "a bad Disney movie."

I personally concurred with everything he said.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Hollywood can think freely?

Damon talking about polotics is like a 1 legged man in an a$$ kicking contest.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Quite frankly I'm sick of all these hollywood actors who think they are experts on politics and are always right just because they are famous. Stuck up snobs if you ask me.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 10:03 AM
link   
There are alot of those here too.

Hear a few sotries on CNN and repeat the words to look smart. Any Obama supporter will do that, Because they have no concrete evidence of what he has done to EARN the right to be president.

Money see monkey do.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Didn't Matt Damon die after playing the Joker in Batman?

How old is this interview?

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Yes as far as I'm concerned you would get better information reading a tabloid then using them as a form of information National Enquirer anyone

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative
Didn't Matt Damon die after playing the Joker in Batman?

How old is this interview?

No that was Heath Ledger.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by LogicalExplanation
Quite frankly I'm sick of all these hollywood actors who think they are experts on politics and are always right just because they are famous. Stuck up snobs if you ask me.

I see your point, but I'm also fed up with commnets like yours lol, no offence but how many times have we seen this kind comment about actors etc? It just sounds angry and jealous.

Celebs may be celebs, but they are also people, they have free speech too, and when asked about their opinions they can freely answer, and talk about their own views, just like anyone else. He did nothing wrong, he only practiced his given rights.

[edit on 2-11-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_

Originally posted by LogicalExplanation

I see your point, but I'm also fed up with commnets like yours lol, no offence but how many times have we seen this comment? It's sounds anrgy and jealous. Celebs may be celebs, but they have free speech too, they are also the people, and when asked about their opinions they can freely answer. He did nothing wrong, he only practiced is given rights.

- The Best post so far in this thread. So what if he's successful? He's human, American, and he has rights.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 10:10 AM
link   
But people who consider themselves conservitives wont ever in a millions years be granted the same "freedom of speech".

QFT

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 10:11 AM
link   

I'm Matt Damon!

Team America?

I always love Hollywood wanna be stars who get a little notoriety and now can stand on the world stage and tell you who you should vote for.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Old news, but its hardly surprising. Matt Damon is well known for his outspoken support for Democratic candidates and against Republicans.

My response: so what? He's one guy with an opinion. He has absolutely no more credibility on any issue that faces this nation than the average person on the street does.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

I'm Matt Damon!

Team America?

I always love Hollywood wanna be stars who get a little notoriety and now can stand on the world stage and tell you who you should vote for.

Abit disinformation much', or just lies? He's not telling anyone how to vote, what he's doing is giving HIS opinion, he's not asking or demanding anything. Watch the video, understand it, and THEN respond with the truth.

[edit on 2-11-2008 by -zeropoint-]

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Matt Damon is who I base all my beliefs on. He must have an IQ of 300-400. I mean he can act and............ well, he can act, so why shouldn't we all listen and follow his views. Lets vote him in for president!

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by -zeropoint-

Yeah, also where did this video come from? Was he being interviewed about random subjects? and simply got asked what his views are, or did he set up a whole video all about his views on this subject?

I'm guessing this is a long interview with a LOT of different questions, he was asked and he answered, I don't see that as a over confident celeb telling you what to do. It all sounds like jealousy to me. This strange hatred of celebs.

[edit on 2-11-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by SGSPatriot
But people who consider themselves conservitives wont ever in a millions years be granted the same "freedom of speech".

QFT

Oh please, quit being such a crybaby!
Read the Link. You might be suprised.

rightwingnation.com...

The people listed have as much "freedom of speech" as anyone else; you or me included.

[edit on 2-11-2008 by whaaa]

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by -zeropoint-

Oh I understand it completely

I was commenting on the subject of Hollywood types who get on their soap boxes and start spewing opinions on subject matter that they have no experience with

Example "CBS News RAW": Actor Matt Damon criticizes Alaska governor Sarah Palin, citing her inexperience in national politics and comparing her candidacy to "a bad Disney movie."

Meanwhile she is an Elected official who has been running the Largest state in the Union which is larger than most countries in the world and she just might know something more than he does on this matter
Bad Disney movie?

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 10:33 AM
link   
it seems people only are "offended, outraged, or angry" when democratic leaning celebs voice their free speech. i have never heard any criticism regarding republican celebs. ie: kelsey grammar, hank williams jr., victoria jackson, stephen baldwin, john ratzenberger, janine turner, lee greenwood, chuck norris, dennis miller, or even joe the "future country music artist" plumber.
celebs supporting any political party have a right to voice their support.
but, only tolerated if you're a republican apparently.
celebrity endorsements don't affect my vote. neither does free speech.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Hopefully no one would actually vote based on a celebrity's endorsement of either candidate.
What would possess someone to base his/her vote on an actor's endorsement...who would seriously think..."wow that person is qualified to help me decide who should be the President of the United States because he read those lines so well in that last movie of his".

The day I base my decision upon a celebrity's endorsement is the day I'll quit voting.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 07:17 PM
link   
oh matt damon.. he sure is lovely.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join