It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why do some aircrafts make contrails and others do not???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 05:03 PM
link   
i just saw two "planes" fly over me...

one made a contrail and the other did not...

why???

posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 05:05 PM
link   
do you know if they were flying at the same altitudes?
if trails are weather related....like some would like me to believe...then perhaps the difference in altitudes and temperatures would explain why.

if they were flying at the same altitude and I don't know how we can ever be sure of this stuff..then perhaps it was a military craft that made the trail?

posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Hey there,

It's all based on altitude. Anything lower than about 28.000 FT will not make contrails, anything above that will, due to condensation in the atmosphere at that level mixing with the vapors from the jet's exhaust. Hope this answers ya!

posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 05:09 PM
link   
The answer is simple.

because one is a KC-130 supertanker fitted with aerosol dispersement tanks and the other is a regular airliner. im guessing a 777 (my fave boeing).

did you notice expansion of that particular contrail or did it just go away without expanding?

to those of you who don't believe in chemtrails (I hope you dont mind my borrowing of my fave pic in your signature, TSA)

im kidding of course, but that picture is FUNNY! had to use it by itself.

anyways, yes of course altitude plays a major role in the crystalization of jet exhaust... but if you noticed the trail start to expand or if you noticed it happening beside another cloud, it may have been a chemtrail operation.

posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Many reasons possible. Could be different altitudes. Just like the days we get fog it depends on the dewpoint (the temperature that the air must reach for the air to hold the maximum amount of moisture it can). Pressure & temperature. Some engines burn cleaner, some cooler etc.

If you watch them being created you'll notice some times it comes off the wing surfaces and other times off the jet exhaust.

[Edited on 29-3-2004 by outsider]

posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Living near a major airport, I see all sorts of contrails. Its based on weather conditions and the type of engines. On some days virtualy every jet has contrails, and on other days only certain engines give on contrails.

posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 07:02 PM
link   
AlnilamOmega--- youre welcome for the pic

the contrail was expanding as it was leaving the "plane" and it looked REALLY like a commercial "plane" but it could be military...

never can be too shure these days...

posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Altitude and acceleration of air about the lifting surfaces.

That's the reasons.

posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 08:23 PM
link   
TSA, look at this pic from WWII notice how the lower planes are just barely puting out contrails, yet the higher ones are trailing all over the place?

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 10:23 AM
link   
thanks for the pick rock and i understand this subject a liitle more now...

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by hhensley84
Hey there,

It's all based on altitude. Anything lower than about 28.000 FT will not make contrails, anything above that will, due to condensation in the atmosphere at that level mixing with the vapors from the jet's exhaust. Hope this answers ya!

Are you sure about this? Ever watch a plane on final approach or look out the window of that plane? The wings will make what I would call a quasi-contrail. Now, those may not be considered contrails but then what are they?

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Closed as there is alread plenty of threads on this topic.

they see ALL this tendency to start threads without even bothering to look around for yourself is irritating.

top topics

join