It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Underground city of Cappadocia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Underground cities are still being found in Cappadocia. Nobody knows just how many underground sites there are in Cappadocia although the number has been estimated at around 300.
The first mention of these subterranean sites occurs in the works of Xenophon written around 400 BC. Xenophon was a Greek mercenary who took charge of the Ten Thousand after the death of Cyrus, marching across Cappadocia with them:

The houses were built underground; the entrances were like wells but they broadened out lower down. There were tunnels dug in the ground for the animals wkile the men went down by ladder. Inside the houses there were goats, sheep, cows and poultry with their young [...]
There was also wheat, beans, and barley wine in great bowls [...] When one was thirsty, one was meant to take a reed and suck the wine into one's mouth. This barley wine is exceedingly strong and is best mixed with water; but any man who is accustomed to it and drinks it undiluted enjoys its flavor to the full.

I was orginally researching cave systems and decided to post this find.

bldgblog.blogspot.com...

[edit on 2-11-2008 by Ashley_T]

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Ok, cool!

Can't believe I never heard of this.

Maybe this is the source of the "hollow earth" theory?

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 10:03 AM
link   
This is a interesting and silenced part of human history...

I also have educated myself in history of underground living. And now when those underworld cities are again made from late 1900, its important to know what is the history of those underground cities.

Most important is to ask, why? What was the reason to go underground?

In many cities there are only few, if only one entrance, and below the circuit there could live thousands of people. What they were so afraid for, or why they digg them self below the earth?

Was it for survive, from something above?

I have decided to go there by myself one day, area of Cappadocia is still opening its secrets, and it will facinating to try to understand this era of human kind. I think it can be key to understand a great wisdom too.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 11:15 AM
link   
It's amazing to me how vast these underground spaces are and the amount of work it had to take in order to dig out such a space during certain era's.

Really a mystery if you ask me.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I added as couple of links for those interested in reading more about this specific city.

en.wikipedia.org...
www.anadol.com...
weecheng.com...

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   
totally intruiging to say the least, as well as the masses of old vitrified ruins and remains around the globe, what were they hiding from in those ancient days or whom????
hnmmmmm? signs of a cosmic battle?? out of curiosity I googled vitrified ruins etc., and was astounded at the global coverage, so much we do not know about Earths ancient history in reality, not as superimposed on our collective thinking....

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Does anyone have any pictures?

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   
You can click on the following for images:

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Wow thats just amazing, makes you think if theres any civilizations still living down there, of course we all know there are some civilizations still using spears and robes right now as we speak far far out in the middle of nowhere... So you never know about right under our feet what could be living down there, lol

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 09:14 AM
link   
I've been there!

it's really cool Indiana Jones stuff. Many of the passages were blocked off to public access, the guide said many of the tunnels had collapsed or had pits or were not fully explored yet.

The tunnels are tiny and I definitely had a sense of being stuck in a sardine can, having to hunch over during the hours spent on the tour.

Awesome place to visit though. That and Gurumei.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 10:16 AM
link   
There are thriving underground cities in our own backyard :-)

Think about it. Why do highways and major roadways have to loop and twist the way they do? Because going through a curve is fun? lol
Isn't the quickest way from point A to point B a staight line? I'm sure the government would want to create roadways as cheaply as possible, meaning that they would definitely go for the straight approach. There must be another reason for the design.

This is what I think: I think that the roadways twist and turn to conceal different areas where certain private things are going on (secret military bases, secret cities, portals to underground cities, etc) And there are more of them than we care to realize.

Look up the story of Phil Schneider. He knew all about underground bases and what they were used for. Here's a little bit of info:

Phil Schneider's Last Lecture (1995)
(Available on Video or AudioTape- 58 minutes)
By Ken Adachi
educate-yourself.org...

Phil Schneider was an extraordinarily brave man who knew that he was going to be killed because of the information he was revealing to the American public in the Spring/Summer of 1995.He was murdered on or about January 10, 1996 in Oregon. His ex-wife, Cynthia Drayer, was notified about a week after his death. Local police originally called it a natural death by stroke, but later changed it to suicide when an autopsy (insisted upon by Phil's ex-wife) revealed marks around his throat-indicating death by strangulation. Apparently, according to the Sheriff's report of "suicide", Phil was able to remove the garroting used to strangle him, prior to the police discovering his body-since they claim they couldn't find anything 'suspicious' about his death.

Phil was a geologist, structural engineer, and underground tunneling expert who participated in the construction of many deep underground cities and bases in North America and abroad for the government. In May of 1995, suffering from terminal cancer, he began giving talks in Las Vegas describing in detail the underground cities, the government's secret deal with negative aliens, high alien technology being employed by the government-including "corbamite" (element 140), mining on the moon, FEMA and martial law, the coming New World Order takeover, the Alien/ NWO genocide agenda to reduce the earth's population by 85% before 2029, and a host of other stunning revelations. Al Bielek and other insiders who knew Phil Schneider well, have always confirmed that Phil's info came from very high sources, was deep black, and highly accurate.

top topics

join