It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

And the winner is: Obama/Biden (2008 ATS Presidential Poll)

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by SGSPatriot
This site is completey Left.

Polls are fabricated.

You are saing that site admins are crooks?

Boy, you manage to be both silly and mean in what is a very short post.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by LowLevelMason

I have to be honest here and say I was surprised that McCain did not take the ATS Poll...

NOt rigged,

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by LowLevelMason
Thanks for showing how biased you are - you are just confirming the survey.
No wonder sometimes its difficult to figure out if this site is the DailyKos or ATS on political threads. I am unsure of what is more interesting, people trying to delude themselves into thinking their bias is somehow just how things are because its favorably reflected in the poll, or the poll itself.

Please don't tell me you see the sewage cask as equating to the Republican Party. That's a horrid assumption to make, and indicates you should really be examining your own prejudices.

The story was merely illustrating that people can have preferences for reasons other than prejudice.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
Hiya Lucid Lunacy

Are you being "left wing" too?

For those who were here in 2004, we all remember how many members disappeared after the election.

Perhaps some of us never left at all... Perhaps we have been lurking in the background, watching as ATS politics became more mainstream, as the strong personalities and voices were quieted and disappeared, as ATS lost it's effective political voice.

Or, maybe life just got in the way... Who really knows?

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Seth Bullock

I was making reference to the Republican and Democrats campaign trolls during 2004. Not your fine self

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by LowLevelMason
You know its bad when even the moderators are predictable:

Hmm, is this a preconceived bias? Makes me wonder how quickly thin skin burns in the sun.

Denial that ATS on political matters is extremely left-wing, is simply denying reality. Its not "normal" or reflective of the general population. If you believe that overt bias somehow does not impact the direction and validity of political discussions on this site, you are acting in contrary to the site motto.

Maybe you should check out the Decision 2008 page:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Looks pretty unbiased to me. Don't let me get in the way of a martyr syndrome though.

Lots of people attempt to engage in rational debate on the political forums, but no one is successful when the vast majority of the site is in the tank for 1 predomiante political ideology. This is why I don't even try, and this is one of the few times I have ever replied to a political thread. Things go fine, as long as you agree with the predominate bias. I'll take you seriously when YOU go to Red State or some other conservative blog and try to argue for Obama.

Again, check that link, looks unbiased to me. Btw, why would you think that I would argue for Obama? You'd be wrong. But hey, whatever lets you sleep at night.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Simon_Boudreaux
Wow. I have to say I didn't see that coming. With all the talk about hating the Dems and Repubs and them being the same I was sure that one of the third parties would take the ball and run with it on here. 32% of total votes isn't a bad start though.

I'm very happy with the 32% independent party vote! Another good percentage only voted Repub/Dem because they have deluded them self into thinking they have to. If only ordinary Americans were not so suckered into the big two.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seth Bullock
Perhaps some of us never left at all... Perhaps we have been lurking in the background...

...amazed that the more things change, the more they stay the same on ATS.

Election 2008 = Election 2004. Fun, merriment, and delicious irony abound!

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlexG141989
Hopefully we get the same results on the 4th...

I pray for my family and the future of this country that you are both joking and wrong.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Theonejudgesyou

Well I second it. I hope it's Obama and not McCain.

That said, I would rather it be Biden then either

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

And that's a bad thing?

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 04:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Banshee

Is this a Banshee before me?

WHERE THE HELL HAVE YOU BEEN?

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I saw another poll they had made for the world today... they had asked lots of countries in Europe. About 90% of the participants in every country had answered they wanted Obama as president.

Europe thinks your current anti-terrorism politics is silly. Terrorism has always existed. Its no reason to completely change a country and bring in the Big Brother doctrine, or attack countries for oil, or act idiotic on national TV.

Obama will most likely win. Not that I think it will matter much, its not the president that runs the country which has been discussed many times here on ATS. But still.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I think the simplest answer is usually the best.

Who had access to the poll?

People that visit an alternative topics website.

People that (I'm generalizing) like to read.

People that are open minded to alternative topics, are interested in them, and like to read.

Being open minded and reading a lot of information may give a person a "left" bias.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   
WOOOO i wrote in Ron Paul in the California Ballot this morning.

I know he isn't going to win but it shows a point that there is more then just the two parties which are pretty much the same with MINOR differences.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Folks, the intent was to have a poll for ATS members to see what ATS members thought. Nothing more and nothing less.

The entity known as ATS did nothing more than create the poll, count the results, and post them. Clearly that does not make ATS anything. This isn't a "scientific poll" - although I fail to see how calling 400 random people on the phone is scientific either but that's a conversation for another time - but rather just a way for the community here to voice their own opinions in a little poll of our own.

Trying to use this poll as some sort of indicator of where ATS lies on the political spectrum is a bit silly if you think about it.

Sometimes a poll is just a poll.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 12:44 PM
link   
posted on wrong thread... sorry about that.

[edit on 4-11-2008 by HunkaHunka]

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   
WHERE IS RON PAUL? WHAT IS WRONG WITH HIM OR EVERYBODY FEARS OF HIM? I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW THAT.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 10:07 PM
link   
The Duke isn't here to say it, so I will for him.

"I didn't vote for him, but he's my president, and I hope he does well!!!"

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join