It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abovetopsecret.com Worth $410771 USD

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Wasn't too sure where to put this so mods move if you see fit.

I found this interesting site that calculates websites net worth, plus has quite a bit of information.

www.websiteoutlook.com...

Thought a lot of people might be interested.

Mod Note: Forum Image Linking Policy – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 2/11/08 by Jbird]

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 07:40 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 08:16 AM
link   
I dont want to become a statistic, but ill have to do a quick search on that myself as well - maybe im missing out on big, huge and massive .. yeah.

Got me thinking!

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 08:27 AM
link   
It is important to remember with these kind of services that webmasters will use the quote that is the highest. This means that the valuation services will inflate their prices to try and be picked.

Also, a site value is largely decided on the revenue streams, for which these services can't start to gage, so take it with a pinch of salt.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Actually the only thing those pages monitor are links in, out, and page rank, so in theory that's just how much the domain is worth, not the site itself. I would guestimate ATS being somewhere in the ballpark of 4 to 8 times that number, or more, given the technology powering it.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 07:14 PM
link   
interesting.

i just plugged trademe into that link and a net worth of 2 mill was returned.

fairfax paid 700 million for it two years ago ...

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Sooooo, where do I send the check?

There'll be some changes people.
I will be requiring offerings of worship and unwavering loyalty.
Come to think of it, it won't be that much of a change.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 07:22 PM
link   
News like this inspires me only to change how I sign my posts. I think it's really time to start covering my ass ets.

© 1991-2008 AoC/Celtic Fury Productions

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Another thing of value will be the code that runs the site, it's all/most custom from what I can tell. A project I work on in my spare time is valued at about $7m USD, and it's not even that big. The value given for the site will I assume just be a raw price for the domain based on hits/popularity, once you factor all the rest in, it must be worth millions overall.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cuhail

News like this inspires me only to change how I sign my posts. I think it's really time to start covering my ass ets.

© 1991-2008 AoC/Celtic Fury Productions

Have you seen the copyright and usage button at the bottom right of posts? Your text is already copyright under a fairly permissive CC license.

[edit on 2-11-2008 by gullychief]

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 05:35 AM
link   
I stepped on this thread yesterday when it came out first. I am surprised how little attention it got. Not sure how many actually read it, but I thought there'd be at least a 100 replies by now.
I wonder how many thought about their cut contributing to the site...lol
I beleive the site is worth much more and the smart people running it and the mods deserve every cent. One day this site will be in history books, everybody saying: "Remember that internet forum, when the revolution started...?". "Those were the times when internet was completely uncensored."

Keep it up, so it will never get that far.

Benarius

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Cool this is nice to know,I'm wondering if ATS can loan me 100k till my hunched back brother straightens up

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 10:04 AM
link   
More power to them.

As many of us love to participate here I am glad that they are able to make money and keep it growing and to have the capital to improve the quality of the site.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   
$410K? Ha! That doesn't even cover the monthly Bling allowance for the mods!

Add in the snack budget and you're over $1million/month!

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Money is relative. The more you make the greater the output. Keep moving up ATS, you deserve to do well.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   
boooo....

I put my blog into the value search page...

I wish it was worth the 2997.97 Million it said blogger.com was worth instead...

Kinda neat to see my dads personal page (with zero ads, and nothing on it) is worth 1778.97; Not great but pretty cool for a empty page.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 07:37 PM
link   
410 grand? You've got to be kidding! Hell my contributions alone are worth more than that and I'm not even famous yet

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shugo
Actually the only thing those pages monitor are links in, out, and page rank, so in theory that's just how much the domain is worth, not the site itself. I would guestimate ATS being somewhere in the ballpark of 4 to 8 times that number, or more, given the technology powering it.

ATS is a very simple site with simplistic code powering it LOL it is nothing advanced.. just php files linked to a database for storing posts and member info all the content contributed is by external sources and very little is actually done by ATS beyond the advanced display of ads at the periphery of my vision :

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Not exactly true. First of all, it may just be php, but the amount of time dedicated to rewriting all of the php code, getting it to work the right way, what it does, etc...that's worth quite a lot. I'll pitch a random number of 300,000 lines, that's worth quite a lot of money, no matter how you look at it. Even the cheapest -- per say -- developers would charge a hefty price.

Furthermore, nothing advanced? I'm sorry, but unless you've actually seen the code, line for line, I don't think that's your call is it?

I should also add that you apparently missed much of my post. I mentioned code was a large portion of it, but I also mentioned content as well, I also explained HOW that number was supplied, so I'm not sure why you've selected to discuss how ATS is actually developed in the form of server-side processing.

[edit on 4.11.2008 by Shugo]

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

You are presenting the American flag if the wrong direction. When showing the US flag vertically, you must hang it so the stars are on the right side. Sorry to be picking, but doing so is a disrespect of the American flag!

<<   2 >>

join