It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Only one Mod on duty?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 04:41 AM
link   
I know Mods hae thier own lives to deal with (Most of them any way) and it is Sunday after all, but I noticed on the Breaking news forum that it was being moderated by the following:
Skyfloating, lombozo, watch_the_rocks, TheBorg, khunmoon, gallopinghordes, JacKatMtn, MemoryShock, seagull, semperfortis, maria_stardust, Hal9000, Badge01

Out of curiosity, I had a look at the baord home page to see who was online currently (general Members) and noticed that Badge01 was the only mod online.

Short of declaring free reign for tha next however long till Badge01 spots the mayhem, is the 'board' list not updated or is the above list not correct?

For the record, it will make no difference to how or what I post. Just a curiosty thing and to say maybe we could give Badge01 a fair go until the next sift arrives.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Its rare that only one Mod is online but it can sometimes happen...especially between 3 oclock and 6 oclock in the morning (for which admin has also chosen European Mods).

However, if you have any issue, just use the Complaints-Form...it usually never takes more than 5 to 15 minutes before these get read by someone.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Thanks for that Skyfloating. No Issue. I just thought it seemed odd.
Now I know you are here at least. That'll take some pressure of badge...

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Ahhh but its only when there are no mods on you can start the food fight

The history lol

www.belowtopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Dang!! Thers an opportunity missed.
We could have taken Badge out to DATS and distracted him while the food fight was going on...
I will have to be quicker next time...

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 05:26 AM
link   
In my opinion Badge01 could hold down any fort. I have spoken with him/her on occasion and is extremely pleasant. But I wouldn't cross any of them. Any disorderliness would eventually be dealt with.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by VIKINGANT

Viking, Viking. You disappoint me. Such primitive methods.

It's WAY easier than that. Next time this happens, just U2U Badge and ask him who killed JonBenet. Then, while he's writing you a reply, (likely to be the longest U2U you've ever received), you can start the food fight.

*Heike runs away laughing, enjoying the moment although she knows the truth - she can run but she can't hide.

( Just messin' Badge; you know I love ya!
)

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Well, I'm not sure how it is on ATS now, but I know on the XMB boards and most forum software there are tools to mark a member as invisible, perhaps those mods are marked as invisible at certain times of the day.

At any rate, doesn't really matter, as has been said, that usually doesn't go on for very long before another mod checks in.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Originally posted by Skyfloating
(for which admin has also chosen European Mods).

You mean to say there are no mods from Africa or Australasia? Somehow that feels wrong... As a matter of fact I think it's a conspiracy.

There. I said it.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gemwolf
You mean to say there are no mods from ... Australasia?

I'm going to need to see proof and evidence of that buddy.
Because last I checked there were at least 2 or 3 mods from the land of the Aussie.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gemwolf

You mean to say there are no mods from Africa or Australasia?

I think we know where our dear Gemwolf hangs his hat. I hear his toilet water spins the other way than those of us in the northern hemisphere.

But don't be fooled folks. A Mod can be on the boards with a sock puppet and you would never know.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Alright kiddies, Gemwolf is the only one on duty.
It's time for the takeover.

Solidarity now!

*where is everyone*

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

This is your first verbal warning.

2d.) Forum Gangs: You will not engaged in an organized collaboration with other members to disrupt thread topics or interrupt the flow of normal collaborative discussion. Doing so will result in immediate termination of posting privileges.

Remember - I R evrywear.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Gemwolf

Sarah Palin, GFL, face on Mars, Antichrist threads NOW!

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Ooops. Too late. There are at least two of us now...you're all doomed.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Your posting privileges have been provoked until further notice. Your account is under review. (Well, it will be as soon as the rest of the moderators decide to bless us with their presence...)

Edit to add: See. All I have to do is get on my ATS satellite phone, push a few buttons and a whole army of Mods descend...

[edit on 13-11-2008 by Gemwolf]

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Gemwolf

What? am I chopped liver all of the sudden?

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Gemwolf

We're the Judean People's Front, not even sea birds can stop us!

edit: Except for the popular front of judea.

[edit on 11/13/2008 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Remember what happened to the Ancient Mariner when he messed with a seabird? Hmmmm? Ya might wanna think about that...

Don't make me get all metaphysical on you, you wouldn't like it...

So you did, Gem...guess I'm not chopped liver after all...

[edit on 11/13/2008 by seagull]

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by seagull

I've edited my post accordingly...

Uhuh. Fools rush in where angels fear to tread.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join