It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO's caught on video at Lafayette, LA air show

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Great post, Wolf! It's videos like these that seem to hold a little more weight than the average UFO footage. I'm not yet sure what to make of your second video... I do think an insect could be a possibility, or just maybe a glitch in the video, but that's about all I can think of aside from a genuine UFO. However, I'm quite convinced your first UFO footage is indeed a sun glare, and I'll explain why.

Originally posted by Wolf321
As for the first series of the 'cloaked UFO,' it is the object on the right in question. The blurry object on the bottom left is the F-15. I typically would have disregarded the 'orb' on the right as a sun glare or particle on the lens. However, as the video should make more clear, the 'orb' seems to keep its relative position in the sky despite the camera motion and while zooming. Here is the video.

First of all, watch the area in roughly the lower-left quarter of the screen. When the "UFO" appears, it flickers briefly, and at the same time there is a more obvious lens flare that flickers there, along with it. As for your observation of its relative position: While this is a very good observation to be making, in this case I don't think it's valid. When the camera is moving and rotating upward, the spot seems to reflect the motion in its own subtle way, as light will bounce off the lens slightly differently depending on your angle. You're quite right that it DOES retain its relative position in the sky during the zoom, and this could be significant if you were using an analog zoom. However, my guess is that your camera uses a digital zoom. Here's the difference:

A regular zoom will literally change the distance that light is traveling inside the camera's lens. I imagine that this would probably cause any lens flares to remain on the lens regardless of how zoomed in you are. But with a digital zoom, your camera is literally taking the final image being captured and then simply expanding it from the middle of the frame. Therefore, any lens flares that might be present would be expanded along with the rest of the image, making them appear almost like part of the environment that you're shooting.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Well, here is the final video that has objects flying across the sky.
I think it is less conclusive than the first high speed UFO video, because it does not show a good spatial orientation, nor is it as clear or close as the original one. Objects occur at times 0:06 flying from right to left, and another at 0:52 flying up.

Additionally, I have uploaded the original files.

Cloaked UFO
High Speed UFO
High Speed UFO 2

That is all the evidence I have on my experience.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolf321

Thanks, I hope this can clear things up.

But even if this was just a bug and some lens flare, you did the right thing by posting it here for us all to see and discuss.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by nablator
Silly me I took the low res version on YouTube.
Here are the slightly better raw captures:
The UFO doesn't "disappear"

what do u mean, I didnt see the bug in front of the plane ... even with brightness in my screen and 400% of zoom ... and I compare the plane images from different frames and the plane just doesnt change when the bug disappears

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Here are the five frames that make the sequence where the object can be seen, first normal...

and with some gamma correction...

Not conclusive, in my opinion, so the doubt remains.

PS: the images were slightly reduced to post on ATS, click them to see them full size.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   
what are the chances of a bug being filmed by two different people at the same airshow during the same sequence of event at close range to the camera.

the object is clearly seen flying right to left in the first clip, in the second clip during the same sequence filmed by somebody else stood in a different place in the crowd the same object is captured moving right to left AND from the bottom to the top.

if you really believe it is a bug then you have to believe the bug did'nt just fly past one camera at close range but two camera's, during the same sequence of event.

people may like to concentrate on one video only, but both should be taken into account not just one.

the fact it is seen by two camera's surely proves it is not a video error or artifact but a REAL object. i'm unsure why that is still being suggested.

[edit on 3-11-2008 by lifeform]

EDITS: missing words. (must type slower).

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
reply to post by Wolf321

Thanks, I hope this can clear things up.

But even if this was just a bug and some lens flare, you did the right thing by posting it here for us all to see and discuss.

the sun glare for the first set of pictures is spot on. the bug theory for the filmed clips is very weak.

i'm unsure why people are calling it a bug, when it has not been identified as such so far.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by lifeform
I'm unsure why people are calling it a bug, when it has not been identified as such so far.
Because it is the most probable explanation, although being the most probable does not mean the most correct.

I have seen bugs and small birds in videos and they look like that, so, between that and a big object that flew at a very high speed in a place full of people looking at the direction the object was at the time, I feel that the bug or small bird is more likely, just that.

I will look at the other video tomorrow, it's getting late here in Portugal.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Please let me know when anyone can inform me of a bug or bird that can fly faster than any fighter jet. I'm saying it was a ufo...

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by edgecrusher2199

The next time you see a jet flying, move a finger in front of your eyes in the same direction the jet is going. If you can make the finger "overtake" the jet it's not because you have super powers, it's because your finger is moving over a very small distance while the jet moves over a much larger distance for the same time, but the fact that both objects share your field of view creates the illusion that the closer object moves faster.

And it's obviously a UFO, it's unidentified, flying, and it looks like a real object.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Magnus47

Originally posted by Magnus47
You're quite right that it DOES retain its relative position in the sky during the zoom, and this could be significant if you were using an analog zoom. However, my guess is that your camera uses a digital zoom.

Actually, the camera I was using has a 4x zoom and I have digital zoom disabled. Does that change your opinion?

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Wolf321:

Just a question I should have asked earlier, did you notice any flies during the day? IF and that's a big if, the things that keep popping in on your videos are flies it seems they're buzzing round quite a bit. Surely you would have noticed them around you?

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 09:15 PM
link   
it's a bug that is up close to your camera. Next time try using your head a little!

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 09:36 PM
link   
This is a good one. Very tough call. It *looks* like a bug but who knows for sure? Of course, the big question is, "In front or behind?"

Here's my amateur analysis:

I used ArMaP's gamma-corrected frames from above.

The color square at the top is the color of the center of the UFO. The color seems consistent in samples taken in the frames where the UFO is seen. The rgb color value is listed and tends to the blue. This is the darkest color found in the UFO.

Pictures 1 and 3 are from the frames before and after the UFO passes behind/in front of the plane. Picture 2 is the money frame, of course. Using the positions of the UFO in the other frames I extrapolated where the UFO would be in the money frame and indicate the area with the red rectangle.

As indicated by the color swatch, the UFO color is fairly mid-tone and would blend-in easily with the plane. You will not see a stark, dark splotch against the plane.

Looking at frames 1 and 3 we see neutral gray tones in the boxed area and are very comparable to each other.

Frame 2 has some differences. The obvious difference is the darker area near the center. Below that dark patch is another area where the color has shifted toward the blue.

So, is this color shift due to the passage of a bug? Or is the color change just the random vagaries of videography and image compression?

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

No, I can't say I noticed any bugs at all. The weather for the whole week before the air show had been fairly cool, upper 60's day and lower 50's- upper 40's at night. The only bugs we have noticed are cold weather nighttime bugs like 'stink bugs.' The day of the air show, the weather was fairly warm, mid 70's. I didn't notice any bugs or birds that day at all, but as I have mentioned earlier, unless there is an unusually large amount or lack of, thats typically something one is oblivious to.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

Originally posted by lifeform
I'm unsure why people are calling it a bug, when it has not been identified as such so far.
I have seen bugs and small birds in videos and they look like that, so, between that and a big object that flew at a very high speed in a place full of people looking at the direction the object was at the time, I feel that the bug or small bird is more likely, just that.

I reckon if you were watching the fighters at the show, you wouldn't have a chance of seeing the UFO - it's moving incredibly fast. You could blink and miss the whole thing.

I've also heard of some UFOs being picked up on camera but not to the human eye, another possible explanation.

Excellent videos Wolf.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wolf321
reply to post by Magnus47

Actually, the camera I was using has a 4x zoom and I have digital zoom disabled. Does that change your opinion?

Well, it certainly makes me less sure of it. Granted I'm a digital artist and am less familiar with the true mechanics behind analog zoom, and there's still the issue of those other sun flares that flicker at the same time. Perhaps if the flare were on a protective glass lens at the front of the camera rather than on whatever lens might be doing the zooming, the same answer may still apply. But again, less certain of this.

Thanks for checking on that detail!

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Faiol
what do u mean, I didnt see the bug in front of the plane ... even with brightness in my screen and 400% of zoom ... and I compare the plane images from different frames and the plane just doesnt change when the bug disappears

Its not easy to see unless you switch quickly the images as in bloodcircle's animation. The fact that the only visible difference is exactly where it should be in frame 2, in the middle of the UFO's positions in frame 1 and frame 3, is conclusive IMHO.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Dave

I reckon if you were watching the fighters at the show, you wouldn't have a chance of seeing the UFO - it's moving incredibly fast. You could blink and miss the whole thing.

I've also heard of some UFOs being picked up on camera but not to the human eye, another possible explanation.

Excellent videos Wolf.

Guess what happens when the camera syncs up with the speed of the object(s)?
Something freaky.....

[edit on 4-11-2008 by Sfen Senterra]

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 08:03 AM
link   
In your first video if you stop and start at 7 sec. (you have to keep going over it because you can miss it) you can catch the ufo.......you got it congrats!

I have said the ships move to fast for the eyes but if you can slow/stop at exact timage you get them.

Star and flag for you!

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join