It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO's caught on video at Lafayette, LA air show

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolf321

Wolf, great footage, public airshows and public outdoor events are great places for things to be seen and filmed by many sources, nice to see you got some good footage.

When you followed the small object in the other clip, i REALLY wish you had zoomed in on what you thought was a lensflare, that was a very interesting object in itself, im sure

Really nice footage on the jet formation though, not only can you see it passed behind the jets, but you can also see it made them look like snails by comparison.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 11:08 PM
link   
well it's either 'superfly' or something a bit different from the norm.

i also noticed an extra 'tinny' kind of sound while the object was passing through. sounded exactly like the sound effects they used when 'steve austin' was lifting or throwing something heavy. anyone else notice that?

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolf321

ive just had a look at the second video shot by someone else, and it does appear to be the same object. i think this one needs more attention rather than people just concentrating on the first video.

it clearly moves up at high speed. i've been going over what can move up like that at that pace and am unable to think of anything.

good find and well spotted.

we see the same object in two different video's from two different angles. that surely rules out video footage artifacts.

the first video rules out bugs/birds, the object clearly passing behind the plane, (and the thing some people seem to be forgetting) the speed at which it does so makes it unlikely to be a bird or bug.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Well, I just made a 3 frame animation from the video and I can see the object in front of the plane - unsure if anyone has already pointed it out. but It does see, at least to me, that the 'bug' goes in front of the plane.

If you look closely at the frame where the object appears to disappear, there is a slightly larger and darker portion of the plane which corresponds with the path of the object and also the distance in which the object jumps from frame to frame.

The same doesn't appear on any other part of the plane or other planes. Id say it's just not very obvious and does tend to appear behind/not there in that frame, but imo it does pass in front.

Link to Imageshack gif

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by lifeform
reply to post by Wolf321

the first video rules out bugs/birds, the object clearly passing behind the plane, (and the thing some people seem to be forgetting) the speed at which it does so makes it unlikely to be a bird or bug.

I don't believe it is clearly passing behind the plane. I just think it is very hard to spot in front of the plane due to the frame rate and the lack of contrast between thetwo.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by bloodcircle

the only change i see to the planes is a slight change in angle and slight change on where the shadow falls on the planes.

maybe you can point out where we should be looking when it passes in front?

i see the object behind the planes, then it totally disappears, then reappears on the opposite side of the plane.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by bloodcircle
Well, I just made a 3 frame animation from the video and I can see the object in front of the plane - unsure if anyone has already pointed it out. but It does see, at least to me, that the 'bug' goes in front of the plane.

If you look closely at the frame where the object appears to disappear, there is a slightly larger and darker portion of the plane which corresponds with the path of the object and also the distance in which the object jumps from frame to frame.

The same doesn't appear on any other part of the plane or other planes. Id say it's just not very obvious and does tend to appear behind/not there in that frame, but imo it does pass in front.

Link to Imageshack gif

wow - i see what you mean.
that's definitely not just the shadow on the plane darkening because of the planes motion?

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Thats called a trick of light and shadows

Still looks to me like it goes behind the plane.

If thats a bug how close would it need to be to the camera in order to cross the field of view in that space of time in only three frames?

Would it look like a bug or a UFO at that range when you look at it on a single frame?

Would a bug have exactly the same shape in all three frames at that range?

Answers on a postcard.

[edit on 2-11-2008 by silver6ix]

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 11:50 PM
link   

I see where you mean, it is quite interesting.

Now I'm no film expert but if the craft is going at a constant speed and the camera frame rate is going at the same speed wouldn't the second shot put the object dead centre of the first and third shots? If so, it appears to place it in that area. Mind you that's only speculation and my 2 cents.

[edit on 2-11-2008 by Chadwickus]

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 11:53 PM
link   

the only change i see to the planes is a slight change in angle and slight change on where the shadow falls on the planes.

i see the object behind the planes, then it totally disappears, then reappears on the opposite side of the plane.

Follow the path of the object, there is an area that becomes darker near the tail of the plane just on the frame where the object allegedly disappears - and does so obviously in the animation. Posting single frames will not make it any clearer, infact, obscure it further.

This only happens in this frame, none of the others prior or after the object 'disappears'. That is what gives me the impression that, as the next poster says, it is a trick of the light, but for the opposite reason. It gives the illusion that it is passing behind the plane, when in my opinion, it is in front of it.

I'm not claiming this is undeniable, just pointing out that I see it differently.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

there's another picture with the object visible but closer to the planes nose.
ie; there's a pic missing.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by ll__raine__ll

Link to Imageshack gif

wow - i see what you mean.
that's definitely not just the shadow on the plane darkening because of the planes motion?

I don't think it is the shadow darkening, as I don't see it get darker and larger on any other frame, except the one where the object would coincidentally appear if it were infact to appear in front of the plane. It jumped out at me when I watched the animation in slow motion, and zooming in on it made me - at least in my mind - sure it passes in front of the plane.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Follow the path of the object, there is an area that becomes darker near the tail of the plane just on the frame where the object allegedly disappears - and does so obviously in the animation. Posting single frames will not make it any clearer, infact, obscure it further.

This only happens in this frame, none of the others prior or after the object 'disappears'. That is what gives me the impression that, as the next poster says, it is a trick of the light, but for the opposite reason. It gives the illusion that it is passing behind the plane, when in my opinion, it is in front of it.

I'm not claiming this is undeniable, just pointing out that I see it differently.

i just saw the video with brightness lvl, and I can clearly see the plane parts, and the thing must be behind the plane, and there is the speed factor ...

frame1:img509.imageshack.us...
frame2:img220.imageshack.us...
frame3:img220.imageshack.us...

really, there's nothing in front of the plane wtf

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by silver6ix
Thats called a trick of light and shadows

Still looks to me like it goes behind the plane.

If thats a bug how close would it need to be to the camera in order to cross the field of view in that space of time in only three frames?

Would it look like a bug or a UFO at that range when you look at it on a single frame?

Would a bug have exactly the same shape in all three frames at that range?

Answers on a postcard.

[edit on 2-11-2008 by silver6ix]

Who knows. I'm not an expert on bugs and the intricate dimensions that they would need to assume in order to cause them to appear as interstellar beings zinging around airspace.

But a trick of the light it is, indeed. You say potahhto, I as potayto.

Id say both a bug or a ufo would look like an indiscernible blur on anything but very high framerate footage.

As for would it have exactly the same shape? Well, polymorphous bugs might not, but then I'm still no expert of bugs !!

Postcards are so snailmail too, and we can be sure that it wasn't a flying snail up there at those breakneck speeds! At least not ones from Earth.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Here's the middle frame that is the interesting one. ArMaP had extrapolated the line of flight of the 'UFO' which is the first pic below. I have pasted the second frame that does not apparently show the missing object. It does not seem as though the object is in front of the aircraft.

The object is not discernible in the second frame, which should have been visible along the red line shown in the first frame.

It looks as though it is BEHIND as it isn't visible in the second frame. This after a little analysis. Now if that be correct, then this is an extremely interesting case. Points to a UFO, what else??

Cheers! Good find after all!

[edit on 3-11-2008 by mikesingh]

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 12:06 AM
link   

i think i see what your refering to, however the darker area is still visable when the object reappears, if the missing frame another poster spoke about is added.

[edit on 3-11-2008 by lifeform]

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikesingh
Here's the middle frame that is the interesting one. ArMaP had extrapolated the line of flight of the 'UFO' which is the first pic below. I have pasted the second frame that does not apparently show the missing object. It does not seem as though the object is in front of the aircraft.

The object is not discernible in the second frame, which should have been visible along the red line
shown in the first frame.

It looks as though it is BEHIND as it isn't visible in the second frame. This after a little analysis. Now if that be correct, then this is an extremely interesting case. Points to a UFO, what else??

Cheers! Good find after all!

yes, its clearly behind, the object isnt in the next frame, it must be behind the plane .... 1+1=2

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 12:12 AM
link   

i think i see what your refering to, however the darker area is still visable when the object reappears, if the missing frame another poster spoke about is added.

[edit on 3-11-2008 by lifeform]

what do u mean, there are 3 frames, before, behind, after the plane

not an expert, but i am not dumb

sorry, there are 4 frames with the object, but the first one before the second plane I think doesnt matter, it only matter for u to imagine + - where should be behind the plane

[edit on 3-11-2008 by Faiol]

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus

I see where you mean, it is quite interesting.

Now I'm no film expert but if the craft is going at a constant speed and the camera frame rate is going at the same speed wouldn't the second shot put the object dead centre of the first and third shots? If so, it appears to place it in that area. Mind you that's only speculation and my 2 cents.

[edit on 2-11-2008 by Chadwickus]

That's something that I thought about also, so it's a spanner in the works. However the initial frames where the object are seen, the thing does appear to jump at approximately the same length between frames. It's the final frame where it is further away.

(Image is missing the right hand side, click it to view the first frame)

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by ll__raine__ll
reply to post by Chadwickus

there's another picture with the object visible but closer to the planes nose.
ie; there's a pic missing.

That would be my mistake. Damn. Back to pspro school for me!!

Oh or maybe it was the way I encoded it from mp4 to avi - I don't seem to have that frame in the AVI file, and I don't have the software to edit mp4...

meh...

[edit on 11/3/2008 by bloodcircle]

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join