It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO's caught on video at Lafayette, LA air show

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 02:58 AM
link   
November 1, 2008

I attended the Sertoma Cajun Air Festival in Lafayette, LA. It was a beautiful sunny day and the highlight of the show was the USAF Thunderbird performance. I took snapshots with my digital camera throughout the day, and even tried to use the cameras video feature to get some of the nice formations in motion. When I got home and was reviewing the footage, I was shocked! I had not one, but two videos showing UFO's!

During the show, there was nothing observed by myself, or openly by any other observers there that I am aware of. This is my first photo or video of a UFO, and I have never seen one in person before.

The two videos are a little larger than 15MB and I will have to upload them in another location due to my bandwidth. My video player somehow would not allow me to do screen captures so I did the only thing I could thing of, which is to take photos of the video on the monitor. The quality seems only slightly less noticeable than on the actual videos.

Before I begin with the 'presentation' let me provide the technical info.
Time of day: Appx 3:30pm CST
Camer: Cannon PowerShot A620
Media:SanDisk Ultra II 2BG SD card
Weather: Clear skies, winds

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 03:25 AM
link   
wow, I dont have experience in this, but it looks like to be great stuff

the object fly behind the airplanes, so it would have some kind of reference point

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 03:34 AM
link   
My night just keeps getting better. I decided to go over my pictures and videos again to see if I had missed anything. Sure enough, I have another video with a high speed object moving across the field of view, perpendicular to the direction of travel of the fighters. I will try to get some screen shots of the object and add them tomorrow.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 03:36 AM
link   
u could upload the videos ... rapidshare.com

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 03:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Faiol

I plan to get them up. The only issue with that now is bandwidth. I have a slow connection. The three videos take up 62 MB. That would take a while. I will be visiting a buddy of mine in the next couple of days and will have the chance then. Till then however, I want to get these photos out for everyone to see and evaluate.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 04:57 AM
link   
great pictures (still frames)
i am interested in the video as well

this evidence could be big.. it really is a UFO.. it cant be a bird that goes that fast.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 05:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Wolf321

Greetings Wolf321 and thanks for you posting the images for all on ATS to see them ourselves.

I really felt for you since when I was at Barksdale AFB, LA I was a photo person for the Air Show. Had some huge cameras that I carried on my shoulder. I did not get to see the negatives or prints since I worked other than the base paper thus no way for me to have seen any UFOs in the film.

I do share with you how cool it was to take pictures that showed much details in them. My hat is off to you!

I have seen many spheres thru the years of my life so I can say that the photos do appear to reveal at least two spheres, but I felt that there are two larger UFOs of size. Thus did you know that they were in the pictures also?

Most of my sightings were in the dark but have seen them also during the day so I do believe in your believe that you captured in natural light the UFOs shared in the pictures. In the center of formation is a smaller black object that looks like a bird flying or a nother type of UFO I have seen many years ago?

Good luck and God's speed in all you do.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 05:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Wolf321

as you your self noted.. that you didnt see anything while filming.. tells me.. that you have captured a flying insect of some type.. or maybe even a bird... the reason it goes faster than the jets of course.. is because its so close to the camera, and as it goes by,,, the camera can only get a few frames of it,.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 05:30 AM
link   
all u need to know for sure is to see the video, judging from the flightpath of the object it had to pass one of the planes. if it passes behind it the its no bug, if it passes in the foreground then it might be a bug. lets wait for the video.

all in all a good capture tough

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Good stuff Wolf!
But before we plunge into the time tested explanation that it is nothing more than a bee/flying insect flitting across near the camera lens, could you post a frame between these two images shown below?

Considering the line of flight of the 'UFO', an in-between frame would let us know if the object was behind the aircraft. If not, then the above explanation stands (Bees/flying insect near the camera lens).

Thanks!

EDIT: Ooops! Maestro28 beat me to it!! My bad!

[edit on 2-11-2008 by mikesingh]

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Thanks for the input. I do not think the high speed object was a bug because from seeing the video it appears to pass behind the aircraft. Here is the video.

As for the first series of the 'cloaked UFO,' it is the object on the right in question. The blurry object on the bottom left is the F-15. I typically would have disregarded the 'orb' on the right as a sun glare or particle on the lens. However, as the video should make more clear, the 'orb' seems to keep its relative position in the sky despite the camera motion and while zooming. Here is the video.

The third video will be uploaded tomorrow as it is 46 MB and I require a faster connection. I hope you enjoy these in the meantime and I look forward to your analysis and opinions.

*edit to fix vid links and word omission

[edit on 2-11-2008 by Wolf321]

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I don't know if the object passed behind the aeroplanes, but I could not see it in front of them.

I overlapped the three frames in one to see what could be seen, and this was the result. I also changed the luminosity to see if the object was in front of a dark area of the aeroplane.

Edit: the second video looks like lens flare.

[edit on 2/11/2008 by ArMaP]

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   
You show all of the stills save for the one that could make or break your case, man!

Were is the still of the object behind the jet fighter?

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Hank, just curious... wouldn't a frame of the object behind the fighters just be a frame of the fighters?

I came across this youtube video of the same show. The footage that matches mine occurs from time 4:29 to 4:50. The video is not as close or clear as mine, and I sometimes think I see the same object in full screen mode but not like on my video. However, at 4:49 to 4:50, there is another object that appears from the bottom right and climbs up. It seems a little slower than the speed of the object in my video, more typical of a fighter, but based on location it is not one of the F-16s. There were no other aircraft airborne during the Thunderbird demo. It may be the same object, or something altogether different. Here is that video.

Edit to include:

Found this one also of an F-18 flight earlier in the day. At time 0:29 a high speed object flies behind the Hornet. Again at time 1:51. There is another object at 4:17 but I can't discern any depth or movement compared with the camera.

[edit on 2-11-2008 by Wolf321]

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by HankMcCoy

Here it is, the missing frame.

And a composite with a line joining the position of the object in the first frame and the position on the third of the three frame sequence with which I worked.

Edit: I pushed the wrong button and posted this without the second image.

[edit on 2/11/2008 by ArMaP]

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I don't see an object in front of the fighter in the still Armap provided..

I am going to have a look at those other clips.

[edit on 2-11-2008 by HankMcCoy]

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolf321

Well spin my nipple nuts and send me to alaska.
A smegging nice vid.Would like to see the outcome of some futher analyzis.Doesnt seem a Dwaine Dibbley type of footage.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 04:21 PM
link   
In the other video NOT shot by the OP....

I saw bugs that looked like the same thing that was shot behaving in much the same way one would expect bugs to behave.

Perhaps you have something more, but I am comfortable in thinking it is just a bug.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by HankMcCoy

Thanks for the input Hank. I believe that the high speed ufo video I captured does depict a genuine UFO, but I am not drawing any conclusions to its origin. I do not believe that one was any camera distortion, bug or bird. In the third video I will provide tomorrow, it exhibits the same high speed straight line behavior.

Thanks ArMaP for your captures and analysis. I look forward to your opinion on tomorrows video.

I did not notice any birds or bugs during the show, but that is typically one of those things a person is oblivious to.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Well I looked at your videos, and yeah it could possibly be a UFO, but personally I believe its a bird, or a bug or whatever. Has anyone else seen these "UFO's"? You would think with the fighter jets in the air with these objects would have noticed something, right? Even tho they are traveling at a rapid amount of speed, something as big as a UFO would catch their attention. I dont believe in UFO's or aliens or whatever, because for years they claim to have seen these things, but never have physical proof besides pictures and videos and never anything hard core. You would think they would land these things, or make contact. But Im happy that your proud of your capture. If it is more than what I think it is, then good for you. But I seen many birds flying around today and yesturday while the airshow was going on. Thats just my opinion. I was more interested in the Jets than anything..So good luck with your findings.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join