It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus Christ did not exist!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Jesus Christ did not exist. If he did there is no acceptable evidence for it and if there is evidence then it is too flimsy to justify. The nearest we get to evidence for Jesus having lived is the anonymously authored four gospels, Matthew, Mark, Luke and John, thats pretty much it.

If Jesus had really been from God, had he really been the Son of God, some writings of his would have been left behind. He left nothing at all. There are no writings attributed to Jesus. There are no archaeological artefacts. NOTHING!

What is even more impossible to explain is this.... why did everybody forge writings and traditions in the name of the apostles and some other New Testament characters, but not Jesus himself? Any ideas?
Id like to finish off with a nice little quote...

"I gave my love to Jesus... and now he never calls."

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 04:50 AM
link   
: Disclaimer the following is my opinion and not being claimed as fact :

My own take on the matter as an Atheist is that the person who became known as Jesus did exist . However I do think that all the religious aspects that surround the figure known as Jesus is total and utter BS . It is possible that "Jesus " was the leader of a sort of cult or was just an influence figure who people used and abused for there own agendas long after he died .

The other possibility in my mind is that "Jesus " was a composite character created in the same way current day authors will create characters based on one or more real life people .

Cheers xpert11 .

[edit on 2-11-2008 by xpert11]

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 05:17 AM
link   
reply to post by SuperSlovak

Not an original thread. However,

This argument can be said about the majority of historical figures.

let me ask you this, how do you know that the person you are told is your great great grandmother, actualy is?

whatever answer you come up with, apply it to the argument against your OP.

If not, what evidence for Jesus do you have? As you must have some, to have the personal opinion that is not acceptable to you.

your answer as to why no one forged a book by Jesus, is that they didn't have to lie.

does every biography exsist with a parallel autobiography in history? I believe not.

all the best

david

edited to remove sacrcastic comment. sorry all!

[edit on 2-11-2008 by drevill]

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Neither does dark matter. Werewolfs or dracula or frankenstein. The world is still flat. The druids are myth.

I just really hate these kind of threads. I always feel like it is trolling for pts or to p.o. people in general.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by SuperSlovak
If Jesus had really been from God, had he really been the Son of God, some writings of his would have been left behind. He left nothing at all. There are no writings attributed to Jesus. There are no archaeological artefacts. NOTHING!

What is even more impossible to explain is this.... why did everybody forge writings and traditions in the name of the apostles and some other New Testament characters, but not Jesus himself? Any ideas?

I'v read somewhere that there is "supposedly" an entire book of the bible that was written by jesus himself, but that was surpressed BY the church because it said, among other things, something along the lines of "the body is your temple, you don't need a house of stone and wood to worship god" (obviously not an exact quote but you get the idea)

Who would go to church and donate money if they knew this?
The catholic church is one of the wealthiest entities and largest land owners on the planet.

That being said, if you research the subject you can find that almost everything attributed to jesus can be traced to "pagan" figures who pre-date jesus by (in some cases) thousands of years.

Now does ANY of this mean that he did or did not exist? No.
It just means that what we are told about him, is not necessarily the truth.

I have to ask though...
"anonymously authored four gospels, Matthew, Mark, Luke and John?"
I don't claim to be an expert on the matter, so could someone explain to me how that statement doesn't contradict itself?

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Jesus Christ did not exist. If he did there is no acceptable evidence for it and if there is evidence then it is too flimsy to justify. The nearest we get to evidence for Jesus having lived is the anonymously authored four gospels, Matthew, Mark, Luke and John, thats pretty much it.

Repent and find the true gospel not all this fake TV trash.............God Bless..............

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 2-11-2008 by Gemwolf]

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 06:12 AM
link   
How's about the shroud of Turin? Which to this day remains something of an enigma even after exhaustive testing. It's ok not to believe. I will not shove my core values down your throat. I hope you extend the courtesy to others that are true believers.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Why did you post this thread?
Does the thought that Christ is alive scare you?
Has a Christ belief somehow hurt you or someone close to you?
Does your personality cringe at the thought of doing unto others as you would like done unto you?
That *Love* is the greatest command for a Christ follower offend you in some way?
No, I’m not talking The Church or Catholicism even less any denomination.
I’m talking Christ Follower - a Christians = To be as Christ, like Christ, follow Christ and His teachings.
Is the thought people choose to have faith in a figurehead known to them in their hearts as the Son of God, who gave up His life for others so foreign and horrific to you you must protest vehemently?
Or are you just looking for fights on ATS and a few points/stars thrown in for good measure?

Thanks

...taps...

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 06:19 AM
link   

I believe in God and i also believe that their was a man called jesus around the time but the way i see it we the people shouldnt be bothered wether jesus existed because it doesnt matter atall what should matter are his teachings people always make the mistake of worshipping him rather than his teachings.

edit: and why do people always feel its their goal in life to try and take faith away from people by saying "jesus wasnt real" or "their is no such thing as God" because faith is an important thing to millions of people and the world would be utter crap without it.

[edit on 2-11-2008 by Anti - Government]

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by ashamedamerican
I'v read somewhere that there is "supposedly" an entire book of the bible that was written by jesus himself, but that was surpressed BY the church because it said, among other things, something along the lines of "the body is your temple, you don't need a house of stone and wood to worship god" (obviously not an exact quote but you get the idea)

Acts 17:24-25 God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that he is Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands; Neither is worshipped with men's hands, as though he needed any thing, seeing he giveth to all life, and breath, and all things.

1 Corinthians 6:19 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?

Scandalous!

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
Why did you post this thread?
Does the thought that Christ is alive scare you?
Has a Christ belief somehow hurt you or someone close to you?
Does your personality cringe at the thought of doing unto others as you would like done unto you?
That *Love* is the greatest command for a Christ follower offend you in some way?
No, I’m not talking The Church or Catholicism even less any denomination.
I’m talking Christ Follower - a Christians = To be as Christ, like Christ, follow Christ and His teachings.
Is the thought people choose to have faith in a figurehead known to them in their hearts as the Son of God, who gave up His life for others so foreign and horrific to you you must protest vehemently?
Or are you just looking for fights on ATS and a few points/stars thrown in for good measure?

Thanks

...taps...

why did i post this thread? because not everything your told is exactly true or has any meaning to it and im just trying to get to the bottom of it before its too late.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by SuperSlovak

Again deny ignorance goes astray... Where do these [snip] come from, ever read a book? Try reading Josephus, roman historians and the Jewish history.

Yeshua of Nazareth was hung on a cross on the eve of Passover, but I am sure a smart guy like yourself knows more than those THERE AND WITNESSING IT.

Leave ATS, we DENY IGNORANCE here not exploit it and show it as you do...

Mod Note: General ATS Discussion Etiquette – Please Review This Link.
Civility and decorum are required.

[edit on 2-11-2008 by Gemwolf]

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anti - Government

edit: and why do people always feel its their goal in life to try and take faith away from people by saying "jesus wasnt real" or "their is no such thing as God" because faith is an important thing to millions of people and the world would be utter crap without it.

[edit on 2-11-2008 by Anti - Government]

people are not trying to take faith away from you by denying the existence of jesus and God. Its just that some people cannot comprehend how so many people can believe in something so passionatly, that has yet been proven to be real. Personally i believe Faith and religion are real but alot of the figureheads and stories are not. You are right faith is important, but some people have faith in things that they believe are real and some have faith in things they know to be true.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Actually there is an amount of evidence that Jesus did in fact exist. However the evidence concludes that Jesus is Egyptian for Esau, (Son of Isis) The child of Cleopatra and Julius Caesar who was exiled as a child where he went to India and studied vedic texts. Under his adopted parents Mary and Joseph, as a young man he returned to Egypt and was known as the historical equivelent to Caesarian and the founder of the Holy Roman Empire.

[edit on 2-11-2008 by 12.21.12]

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Briles
people are not trying to take faith away from you by denying the existence of jesus and God. Its just that some people cannot comprehend how so many people can believe in something so passionatly, that has yet been proven to be real. Personally i believe Faith and religion are real but alot of the figureheads and stories are not. You are right faith is important, but some people have faith in things that they believe are real and some have faith in things they know to be true.

im the same i definitely believe that their is something their like a God (although a different one to the one weve been told about) and i also dont buy the stories thats been told aswell

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...
Ptolemy XIV of Egypt
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Depiction of Ptolemy XIV
Numbering the Ptolemies is a modern invention; the Greeks distinguished them by nickname. The number given here is the present consensus; but there has been some disagreement about which Ptolemies should be counted as reigning. Older sources may give a number one higher or lower, but the same epithet.
Ptolemy XIV (Greek: Πτολεμαῖος, Ptolemaĩos, who lived 60 BC/59 BC–44 BC and reigned 47 BC–44 BC), was a son of Ptolemy XII of Egypt and one of the last members of the Ptolemaic dynasty of Egypt. Following the death of his older brother Ptolemy XIII of Egypt on January 13, 47 BC, he was proclaimed Pharaoh and co-ruler by their older sister and remaining Pharaoh, Cleopatra VII of Egypt. Cleopatra also married her new co-ruler but continued to act as lover of Roman dictator Julius Caesar. Ptolemy is considered to have reigned in name only, with Cleopatra keeping actual authority to herself. On March 15, 44 BC Caesar was murdered in Rome by a group of conspirators whose most notable members were Marcus Junius Brutus and Gaius Cassius Longinus. Ptolemy soon followed him in death. An inscription mentioning him as alive was dated at July 26, 44 BC. It has been assumed but remains uncertain that Cleopatra poisoned her co-ruler to replace him with Ptolemy XV Caesarion, her son by Caesar who was proclaimed co-ruler on September 2, 44 BC and whom his mother intended to support as successor of his father.

Argeads
Alexander III the Great · Philip III Arrhidaeus · Alexander IV Aegus
Antigonids
Antigonus I Monophthalmus · Demetrius I Poliorcetes · Antigonus II Gonatas · Demetrius II Aetolicus · Antigonus III Doson · Philip V · Perseus
Lagids (Ptolemies)
Ptolemy I Soter · Ptolemy II Philadelphus · Ptolemy Keraunos · Meleager · Ptolemy III Euergetes · Ptolemy IV Philopator · Ptolemy V Epiphanes · Ptolemy VI Philometor · Ptolemy VII Neos Philopator · Ptolemy VIII Physcon · Ptolemy IX Lathyros · Ptolemy X Alexander · Berenice III · Ptolemy XI Alexander · Ptolemy XII · Cleopatra V · Berenice IV · Ptolemy XIII · Ptolemy XIV · Cleopatra VII Philopator · Ptolemy XV Caesarion
Seleucids
Seleucus I Nicator · Antiochus I Soter · Antiochus II Theos · Seleucus II Callinicus · Seleucus III Soter · Antiochus III the Great · Seleucus IV Philopator · Antiochus IV Epiphanes · Antiochus V Eupator · Demetrius I Soter · Alexander I Balas · Demetrius II Nicator · Antiochus VI Dionysus · Diodotus Tryphon · Antiochus VII Sidetes · Alexander II Zabinas · Antiochus VIII Grypus · Antiochus IX Cyzicenus · Seleucus VI Epiphanes · Antiochus X Eusebes · Antiochus XI Epiphanes · Demetrius III Eucaerus · Philip I Philadelphus · Antiochus XII Dionysus · Seleucus VII Philometor · Antiochus XIII Asiaticus · Philip II Philoromaeus
Lysimachids
Lysimachus
Antipatrids
Cassander · Philip IV · Alexander V · Antipater II · Antipater Etesias · Sosthenes
Attalids
Philetaerus · Eumenes I · Attalus I · Eumenes II · Attalus II · Attalus III · Eumenes III
Greco-Bactrians
Diodotus I · Diodotus II · Euthydemus I · Demetrius I · Euthydemus II · Antimachus I · Pantaleon · Agathocles · Demetrius II · Eucratides I · Plato · Eucratides II · Heliocles I
Indo-Greeks
Demetrius I · Antimachus I · Pantaleon · Agathocles · Apollodotus I · Demetrius II · Antimachus II · Menander I · Zoilos I · Agathokleia · Lysias · Strato I · Antialcidas · Heliokles II · Polyxenios · Demetrius III · Philoxenus · Diomedes · Amyntas · Epander · Theophilos · Peukolaos · Thraso · Nicias · Menander II · Artemidoros · Hermaeus · Archebios · Telephos · Apollodotus II · Hippostratos · Dionysios · Zoilos II · Apollophanes · Strato II
Rulers of Bithynia
Zipoites I · Nicomedes I · Zipoites II · Etazeta (regent) · Ziaelas · Prusias I · Prusias II · Nicomedes II · Nicomedes III · Nicomedes IV
Kings of Pontus
Mithridates I Ktistes · Ariobarzanes · Mithridates II · Mithridates III · Pharnaces I · Mithridates IV Philopator Philadephos · Mithridates V Euergetes · Mithridates VI Eupator · Pharnaces II · Darius of Pontus · Polemon I · Pythodorida · Polemon II
Kings of Cappadocia
Ariarathes I · Ariarathes II · Ariarathes III · Ariarathes IV · Ariarathes V · Ariarathes VI · Ariarathes VII · Ariarathes VIII · Ariarathes IX · Ariarathes X

Would you imagine that? Right out of wikipedia, the Twelve lost Tribes of Israel.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 12:41 PM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

Caesarion
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Ptolemy XV)

A relief of Cleopatra VII and Caesarion at the temple of Dendera, Egypt
Numbering the Ptolemies is a modern invention; the Greeks distinguished them by nickname. The number given here is the present consensus; but there has been some disagreement about which Ptolemies should be counted as reigning. Older sources may give a number one higher or lower, but the same epithet.
Ptolemy XV Philopator Philometor Caesar, nicknamed Caesarion (little Caesar) Greek: Πτολεμαῖος ΙΕʹ Φιλοπάτωρ Φιλομήτωρ Καῖσαρ, Καισαρίων, Ptolemaĩos Philopátōr Philomḗtōr Kaĩsar, Kaisaríōn (June 23, 47 BC–August, 30 BC) was the last king of the Ptolemaic dynasty of Egypt, who reigned, as a child, jointly with his mother Cleopatra VII of Egypt from September 2 44 BC to August, 30 BC, when he was killed on orders of Octavian, who would become the Roman emperor Augustus.
The eldest son of Cleopatra VII, and the only known son of Julius Caesar, for whom he was named.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   
If he did or didn't it makes no difference to me.

For me it's about the message of being a good person, and I don't see anything bad about that.

People choose to believe in whatever they want that makes them happy.
Parents tell kids cute bed time stories too knowing they aren't real, but they make kids happy. Where's the harm?

It's kinda like telling kids Santa doesn't exist.
You can prove that too but what the heck would you want to burst that bubble for?

Some things are best left a mystery.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Consider this. There are 12 Ruling Families, today. Is it no coincidence that there is a mention of The Twelve Lost Tribes of Israel? Which represent the 144,000 in the book of Revelations. The 144,000 plan to enherit the New World, which means, that basically there is going to be massive population control based on a fabricated and fraudulent historical account we know as the "Holy Bible". So basically they are wishing to ensure their survival in the new world so they can continue their fraudulent rise to power.

Yes there are good teachings from the Bible, however the Bible is not the origin of the original teachings.

More or less, it has been used as an outline to create a rule like that of Julius Caesar as they have outlined a plan for three world wars and a one world government for the new age.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Jesus did/does exist!

John 20:25-29
25 The other disciples therefore said unto him, We have seen the LORD. But he said unto them, Except I shall see in his hands the print of the nails, and put my finger into the print of the nails, and thrust my hand into his side, I will not believe.
26 And after eight days again his disciples were within, and Thomas with them: then came Jesus, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said, Peace be unto you.
27 Then saith he to Thomas, Reach hither thy finger, and behold my hands; and reach hither thy hand, and thrust it into my side: and be not faithless, but believing.
28 And Thomas answered and said unto him, My LORD and my God.
29 Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.

It all comes down to faith and free will. God did not leave anything tangible for mankind for a reason...so we could choose (of our own free will) if we believe or not. He leaves it completely up to us.

As for me and my house, we shall worship the Lord.

Marilyn~

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join