It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biden: Obama Will Prosecute Bush's 'Crimes' After Election

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 01:59 AM
link   
I didn't know where to post this... but since it involves a current candidate, I figured this place was safe

www.liveleak.com...

Now with the pressure mounting on Bush, and the courts demanding to see records and documents regarding the last four years, is the administration worried?

I mean, I'm sure Bush will pardon all the criminals in his cabinet... but I don't think a president can pardon himself... (or Nixon would have done it
)

If Obama is elected, will we see the "emergency" that enables him to declare martial law? like has been discussed?

I'm interested to see what other people think...

Mods, I am not sure if this is in the right place. Since the video is Biden, I figured i would play it safe... if you think this belongs somewhere else... please move

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Wow, even more reason to vote for obama. Interesting to see that the vid was added in september. Why hasnt this gotten any play?

but like I said, even more reason for the few undecideds left who dont like bush.

If obama had to break every single promise he has made but went forward with this one, I'd consider it one of the greatest presidencies of all time.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 02:08 AM
link   
That is really funny.

If that's a plan then I hope there is paper work ready to go, etc. Don't get me wrong, I don't like the Capitalist party factions but I do like to see them cleaning each other up.

Good luck to the losers...

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 02:09 AM
link   
I do not think this will happen, and actually if I am not mistaken, you can call me on it if this is incorrect, but I can remember some executive order, law or and act that will make him immune in a war court, at least international.

This possibly happened prior to the Iraq war too, which at that time people were outraged about this being done. Any talk of this is possibly politically motivated at this point and not a reality.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 02:11 AM
link   
I wondered why that didn't get any coverage either...

Maybe it is something the campaign doesn't want to trumpet... they've been trying to say they're not running a negative campaign...

I do think its a very valid point though, that unless they do try and clean it up, it is going to prohibit the U.S. from being able to take action in the future...

Its hard to take the moral high ground, when we're already standing in the gutter

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by phinubian
I do not think this will happen, and actually if I am not mistaken, you can call me on it if this is incorrect, but I can remember some executive order, law or and act that will make him immune in a war court, at least international.

This possibly happened prior to the Iraq war too, which at that time people were outraged about this being done. Any talk of this is possibly politically motivated at this point and not a reality.

I don't think he can pass an executive order that makes him above the law... I think what you're referring to was the Administrations refusal to back the International Criminal Court

source: www.globalpolicy.org...

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 02:16 AM
link   
I actually do remember hearing something about this. I didn't take it as credible though because it was just my buddy that mentioned it and I passed it off as nothing.

Good lord I hope this goes through.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 02:18 AM
link   
I know there are some people here who HATE OBAMA. But I know some of them hate what bush has done to our country. I ask this in utter good faith..

If this were a potential truth, would this make you consider Obama, if for nothing else, to bring that criminal some good ole' texas justice?

If no, I can respect your opinion, I was just really curious if this sways you at all.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 02:19 AM
link   
I don't think it is in the America's best interest to try him ourselves...

what should happen is we hand him over to the ICC...

Nothing would probably come of it, but it would make us look good.

I imagine the white house shred-fest started around the first of the year lol

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by nj2day
I don't think it is in the America's best interest to try him ourselves...

what should happen is we hand him over to the ICC...

Nothing would probably come of it, but it would make us look good.

I imagine the white house shred-fest started around the first of the year lol

LOL, something tells me the shred fest began Sept of 2001. And hasnt stopped until, well it hasnt....

And thats not me thinking he masterminded 9/11. Im on the fence, but I do think he knew something was going to happen.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

Yah, I'm still on the fence with 9/11... I think that was planned long before bush took office...

Presidents come and go every 4/8 years... There has to be some "string pullers" in the pentagon to ensure the plan goes smoothly over the decades.

Did he have anything to do with it? Probably not.

did he know it was going to happen... Most certainly.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Wow, it just dawned on me. Perhaps the reason no charges have been brought against any of the criminals in Bush's administration is the fear that Bush would pardon the offenders. If however, Bush is no longer in office when the charges are brought, the people responsible for illegal acts will have nowhere to turn for a pardon and thus, will be held accountable for their actions. That is of course assuming they do not hop on down to Paraguay to live on Bush's ranch with no extradition for political crimes.

My guess is, Bush will be one of the few presidents in history to live out his golden years as an ex-president overseas.

[edit on 2-11-2008 by BluegrassRevolutionary]

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 02:30 AM
link   
I already suspect we'll see Rummy, Cheney, Rice, and Rove on the pardons issued in January. That much seems to be a given...

Do presidential pardons have to include people who are currently under indictment or convicted?

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Oh yes, President Bush is SUCH a criminal. What a joke, this is nothing more than some desperate attempt to appeal even more towards the current President's detractors. President Clinton was not pursued once he was out of office, even though he could have been. Senator Biden sounds like a used car Salesman promising to add an Air Freshener, and toss in a "Free" set of Rims with the deal. Sad indeed.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by nj2day
Do presidential pardons have to include people who are currently under indictment or convicted?

That is what I am getting at, I don't think you can pardon someone for charges yet to be levied. You can't just say, "I pardon Dick Cheney for anything he may be charged with in the future."

I did however read that included in the bill that allowed the illegal wiretapping of American citizens was a pardon for Bush for having signed the bill.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 02:35 AM
link   
the only crimes that bush did in office are in some peoples imagination. he is too sharp and has too much family history to be caught up in anything. he has daddy and other people around him to make sure his hands are clean and that there are no tracks back to him. they have all the bases covered. there may be a few suicides like Vincent Foster in the clinton administration of less reliable staff but bush and company will be squeaky clean in any court of law and everyone knows it. so no, there is nothing there for obama if he get elected.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheAgentNineteen
Oh yes, President Bush is SUCH a criminal.

Dude, what planet have you been living on for the last eight years. Oh yeah, I forgot, it was the FOX News planet governed by Rush Limbaugh. lol

I would enlighten you as to the crimes Bush has committed, but, if you don't already know, I am sure there is no point in telling you now.

Originally posted by TheAgentNineteen
President Clinton was not pursued once he was out of office, even though he could have been.

Pursue Clinton???? For what, getting a BJ an lying about it. Give me a break.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by TheAgentNineteen

Oh yes, President Bush is SUCH a criminal.

Well, kudos for you for getting the first sentence spot on!

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 02:41 AM
link   
President Bush has been tried in absentia overseas... There are a few countries he cannot step foot in as a result...

Military officers, U.S. Law schools, and a few governments have called for trials...

Its something worth talking about.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Velvet Death
the only crimes that bush did in office are in some peoples imagination. he is too sharp

I stopped reading your post at "he is too sharp"

Bush is about as sharp as a butter knife.

Whew, I have not had a laugh like that in a while. Thanks

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join