It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. government and law enforcement agencies are planning to completely censor and control the Inte

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by SuperViking
libraries in rural areas can't even get books banned that no one in the town would read anyway. I mean, if small town libraries can't be censored why would one think the internet could be?

As mentioned books won't change anything. They certainly won't expose the truth; they'll distract us from it so there's no reason for them to be banned.

I think a plan for some kind of underground internet or whatever should be implemented soon before we get cut off and have no way of informing everyone.

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by DieterRabbit

libraries in rural areas can't even get books banned that no one in the town would read anyway. I mean, if small town libraries can't be censored why would one think the internet could be?

As mentioned books won't change anything. They certainly won't expose the truth; they'll distract us from it so there's no reason for them to be banned.

I think a plan for some kind of underground internet or whatever should be implemented soon before we get cut off and have no way of informing everyone.

Again, as mentioned before, what are the chances of going underground using something like Telnet? From what I remember you could access IP addresses with telnet as well as domain names, so if the domain names go, we still have telnet. For that matter, what about FTP protocol? can we still use these?

I am dead serious here, I too agree that we might have to go underground as well if the govt. decides to silence our voices

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by DieterRabbit

The point is if you can't even ban a book in a place that is rather insular, how could you cut off the internet, everywhere. You cannot.

And if you think 'informing' is the type of thing that goes on here...LOL

<< 1  2   >>

join