It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

School Clams Up on 'Gay' Pledge Cards Given to Kindergartners

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by fmcanarney
The majority of us adults realize we are not victims of our genes, or of mommy sitting us on the potty crooked.

The current rise in homosexuality is probably the result of drinking city water which has had tons of birth control pills and estrogen pills for menopause flushed into it for decades.

Men need to start flushing their viagara pills and in ten years the testosterone levels of the public will restabilize.

Sex education belongs at home where parents can reinforce their morals and values along with it. If parents teach their children GBLTH is a choice then more power to them.

Could there possible be any more ignorant, ill informed nonsense in that post? I know you left out some crap that is just as empty and based on just as few facts that you can add.

Care you share some of the science that leads you to the conclusion that there is a rise in homosexuality, that pills in the water cause it?

Please, please PLEASE do not take any viagara. If you think it is testosterone or has anything in it to fight "femininity" you really should just let someone else buy your meds for you.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I see this whole thing as an effort to teach tolorance..but I agree with many posters here, that it is not appropriate for that age group.

Perhaps it would be ok for 5th or 6th graders. But kindergartners, ya thats a bit too young.

Now if it was worded, or done differently to be geared more for that age group, maybe.

But the underlying effort, to teach tolorance, is in my book, one that deserves credit for the goal..of teaching tolorance.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Karlhungis

I DON'T WANT MY CHILD DEALING WITH HATRED in Kindergarten. Is that such a radical concept for you?

You obviously have some serious issues with homosexuals and their "special treatment". From the sound of your replies, I would think that this pledge is in place because of how people like you raise their kids.

You obviously and adamantly HATE "straight" people!

Why?

Because you keep referring to people that HATE homosexuality!

THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH TEACHING CHILDREN TO HATE THE ACT OF HOMOSEXUALITY!

HOMOSEXUALITY IS WRONG!
HOMOSEXUALITY IS A SIN!
AND IT IS A WORSE SIN TO TEACH LITTLE CHILDREN THAT THE HOMOSEXUAL ACT IS NOT WRONG AND PERVERTED!!!

How dare you spread YOUR HATE of anyone who does not PROMOTE the wrongful ACT of homosexuality!

I was raised by a blind father who taught me to love EVERYONE!
I DO LOVE EVERYONE.
I love homosexuals, BUT I HATE THE ACT!
GOD HATES THE HOMOSEXUAL ACT!

What those gay supporters are trying to do is IMMORAL and WRONG! They are trying to force LITTLE INNOCENT CHILDREN that to hate the homosexual ACT is wrong! THAT IS JUST WRONG!!!

There is NOTHING on ATS, in the government, or in the Christian Faith that tells ANYONE that they must accept the ACT of homosexuality!
What has been passed by LAW, by Christians, and other organizations is that we have to respect homosexuals themselves. And, I do respect homosexuals, and I LOVE THEM, but WHAT they are DOING is an ABOMINATION BEFORE GOD!

I think what you are trying to do is to stop HATE in general, or maybe even specific to the ACT of homosexuality!

THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH ANYONE HATING SOMETHING THAT IS WRONG! THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH HATING THE ACT OF HOMOSEXUALITY!
THERE IS EVERYTHING WRONG WITH SOMEONE TRYING TO FORCE ANOTHER PERSON'S LITTLE CHILD TO ACCEPT THE ACT OF HOMOSEXUALITY AS A RIGHT THING TO DO!!!

Take your ACT and enjoy it with them that enjoy doing the ACT!
Because if you accept the ACT, you yourself are also guilty of DOING THE ACT!

Don't try to sit on both sides of the fence and say you are not a homosexual when you altogether agree with it! If you agree with it, then in God's Eyes, and the eyes of HIS Children, you are just as guilty of doing it yourself!

So, don't try to confuse hating the person and hating the ACT!
Don't try to confuse hating the HOMOSEXUAL ACT with hating the homosexual! Because those are two very different things!

THERE IS NOT ONE TRUE CHRISTIAN THAT TEACHES THEIR CHILDREN THAT THE HOMOSEXUAL ACT IS AN ACCEPTABLE THING TO DO!
THERE ARE MANY TRUE CHRISTIANS THAT LOVE THE HOMOSEXUAL PERSON!

So, don't throw the word HATE around like it is wrong to think! There is NOTHING wrong with hating the homosexual ACT! God calls us to hate everything that is not right to Him! And, God has already told us He hates the ACT!

I will continue to pray for everyone I can that if they are caught up in the ungodly ACT of homosexuality that they will be delivered from IT!

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaintlyMic

THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH ANYONE HATING SOMETHING THAT IS WRONG! THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH HATING THE ACT OF HOMOSEXUALITY!
THERE IS EVERYTHING WRONG WITH SOMEONE TRYING TO FORCE ANOTHER PERSON'S LITTLE CHILD TO ACCEPT THE ACT OF HOMOSEXUALITY AS A RIGHT THING TO DO!!!

Whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa.

You say it is wrong because it is a sin right? Did you get that from the bible?

Where does this bible teach that it is ok to hate anyone?

"Love the sinner, hate the sin"?

How about where it specifically tells you that it is not your place to judge who is wrong and right?

"JUDGE NOT, LEST YE BE JUDGED"

So how do you get away with calling anyone a sinner and then going on to

Judge and hate?

Get your summer clothes out cuz yer gonna be in hell with a whoooooooooole lotta gay folk!

P.S. I just had to add this - look at that name. Sweet isnt it. Saintly?
Saintly Mic says there is nothing wrong with hating someone!
Be saintly like Saintly Mic kids, and remember to hate!

[edit on 23-11-2008 by angel of lightangelo]

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I, as a Christian, repudiate "Saintly Mic's" post.

It is not alright to hate.

It is not alright to judge.

Although homosexuality is viewed as a sin, it is no worse than any other.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by angel of lightangelo

Where does this bible teach that it is ok to hate anyone?

How about where it specifically tells you that it is not your place to judge who is wrong and right?

Judge and hate?

Get your summer clothes out cuz yer gonna be in hell with a whoooooooooole lotta gay folk!

[edit on 23-11-2008 by angel of lightangelo]

I NEVER said I hate anyone! Read ALL of my post, or if you did, quote the things I did say, and not what you have hoped I said!

I NEVER said I hate anyone. As a matter of fact I LOVE EVERYONE.
HATING THE HOMOSEXUAL ACT IS NOT HATING THE PERSON.

And, I KNOW I am NOT going to hell, or the Lake of Fire, because I AM BORN AGAIN by the Blood of Jesus Christ.

But, ANYONE who dies spreading garbage that the ACT of homosexuality is alright to do they will go to hell!
GOD HATES THE ACT OF HOMOSEXUALITY!
GOD LOVES THE HOMOSEXUAL.
DOES GOD LOVE THE HOMOSEXUALS HOMOSEXUAL ACTIVITIES?
NO!
GOD DOES NOT LOVE HOMOSEXUAL ACTIVITIES REGARDING HOMOSEXUAL BEHAVIOR!

So, don't accuse me of hating anyone, because I don't!
But I do HATE the homosexual ACT!

And, by the way, Jesus IS in my heart, and He PERSONALLY tells me that the homosexual ACT is not just wrong or a sin, IT IS AN ABOMINATION!
And, not only that, every homosexual KNOWS that the homosexual ACT is wrong, and if they say anything different, they are lying through their teeth!

Yes!
We SHOULD love the homosexual!
But there is NOTHING that tells us that we have to accept the ACT of homosexuality!
WE DO NOT HAVE TO ACCEPT HOMOSEXUAL ACTIVITIES!

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by SaintlyMic

Where does it tell you to go on hate filled rants using the word hate over and over and over again describing how someone was born. You are assuming you are hating a sin. You are actually hating people who are born that way and hating it all over your post.

Aside from that, again I ask, who are you to judge who is and who is not sinning?

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Where does this bible teach that it is ok to hate the way anyone was born?
You think that homosexuality is a sin, a choice. It is part of the human condition. Do you hate black people's blackness but not the person for chosing to be black?

Judge and hate?

There, is that version better?

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by wisefoolishness
I, as a Christian, repudiate "Saintly Mic's" post.

It is not alright to hate.

It is not alright to judge.

Although homosexuality is viewed as a sin, it is no worse than any other.

WHERE DOES IT SAY THAT HATING SIN IS WRONG?
WHERE DID I JUDGE ANYONE, OR DID YOU JUST RESPOND TO THE POST BEFORE MINE THAT CLAIMED I JUDGED AND HATED HOMOSEXUALS?
DID YOU READ MY POSTS?

It is PERFECTLY right to hate SIN, and the ACT of homosexuality is WRONG!
Hating the act is not the same as hating the person.
Judging a THING to be sin is NOT judging the PERSON.
Get your facts straight!
I never said I hate or judge ANYONE!

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Honestly it's important to let them know that people are different in the world because harassment begins very young these days. It's a touchy subject for both sides, but it's no secret that there are very gay people out there and this is a positive introduction to alternative lifestyles.

It also may prevent gay bashing in the future, as that one poor boy was killed in the news for being gay.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   

You are judging what is and what is not a sin based on your interpretation of a few passages. You are deciding to hate a person's character, a part of who they are and how they were made. You are hating what exactly? Where did Jesus say it was a sin to be gay? What commandment is that?

You say hate over and over and over again. Well, you are hating what? what you judged to be a sinful choice? I dunno, explain it to me. I may have gotten you all wrong.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Where does this bible teach that it is ok to hate the way anyone was born?
You think that homosexuality is a sin, a choice. It is part of the human condition. Do you hate black people's blackness but not the person for chosing to be black?

Judge and hate?

There, is that version better?

So, HOW MANY TIMES ARE YOU GOING TO POST THE SAME POST OF YOUR SLANDEROUS LIES CONCERNING ME!
I CAN HATE ANYTHING THAT IS WRONG!
HATING IS NOT WRONG WHEN IT IS DIRECTED TOWARD SOMETHING GOD HATES!
AND, PEOPLE ARE NOT BORN HOMOSEXUALS, THAT IS JUST A LIE FROM SATAN, AND YOU KNOW IT!

And, how dare you judge me!
And, judging ME just because I hate a thing?!
You better be careful, because I have explained the differences between hating the ACT and not hating the PERSON!
Be careful, because it is against ATS for you to repeat posts in the same thread, and you have no right attacking me in the thread because I won't AGREE the homosexual ACT is RIGHT!

[edit on 11/23/2008 by SaintlyMic]

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   

"Judge not, lest ye be judged."

You have judged homosexuality to be a sin have you not?

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 06:39 PM
link   

"Judge not, lest ye be judged."

You have judged homosexuality to be a sin have you not?

I have judged NOTHING!
GOD ALREADY MADE THE JUDGMENT!
I AM ONLY A MESSENGER OF THE FACT THAT GOD HATES THE ACT OF HOMOSEXUAL BEHAVIOR!

The only reason I posted anything here is because you have wrongly accused those of us who hate the ACT of hating the PERSON!

You falsely accuse US of judging a person by what they DO!
I never judged anyone, not here, and not anywhere else!
But, it is ABSOLUTELY WRONG to teach LITTLE CHILDREN that the ACT of homosexuality is right!

Is it right to teach a child it is ok to put there little hands in a fire?
The same thing goes for the ACT of homosexuality! THE ACT CAN MAKE A PERSON'S WHOLE SOUL BURN, so is it right to lead children to believe that doing something that will cause your whole soul to burn is ok?
NO!
IT IS NEVER RIGHT TO TEACH CHILDREN TO ACCEPT WRONG AS RIGHT!

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   

So, HOW MANY TIMES ARE YOU GOING TO POST THE SAME POST OF YOUR SLANDEROUS LIES CONCERNING ME!
AND, PEOPLE ARE NOT BORN HOMOSEXUALS, THAT IS JUST A LIE FROM SATAN, AND YOU KNOW IT!

You better be careful, because I have explained the differences between hating the ACT and not hating the PERSON!
Be careful, because it is against ATS for you to repeat posts in the same thread, and you have no right attacking me in the thread because I won't AGREE the homosexual ACT is RIGHT!

I guess I missed something. I thought your religion was about love and taking care of your brother.

"What you do to the least among you, you do unto me"

Yet you have decided that you are somehow in a position to judge that being homosexual is a sinful choice and thus can be hated?

hmmmmmm.....seems a little judgemental and hateful to me but what do I know.

Be careful? Are you threatening me with something?
I never repeated the same post. I guess you did not bother to read it through the second time. I changed it for you so you could get over your petty argument about words and deal with the issue. If you think it is the same post, you need to read more carefully.

What you have done is judged that the way some people are born is a sin and for them to give in to their natural inclinations is to be willfully sinful. Therefor, you have judged homosexuals to be sinners. Did I miss something?

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   

I have judged NOTHING!
GOD ALREADY MADE THE JUDGMENT!
I AM ONLY A MESSENGER OF THE FACT THAT GOD HATES THE ACT OF HOMOSEXUAL BEHAVIOR!

The only reason I posted anything here is because you have wrongly accused those of us who hate the ACT of hating the PERSON!

Seems like I did not do that until you posted actually.

You falsely accuse US of judging a person by what they DO!
I never judged anyone, not here, and not anywhere else!
But, it is ABSOLUTELY WRONG to teach LITTLE CHILDREN that the ACT of homosexuality is right!

This is how you feel. That does not make it fact. I do not think kids that young should be learning about anyone's sexuality, or whether it is right or wrong.

Is it right to teach a child it is ok to put there little hands in a fire?
The same thing goes for the ACT of homosexuality! THE ACT CAN MAKE A PERSON'S WHOLE SOUL BURN,

Again, this is your opinion. Your JUDGEMENT. This is how you feel based on what you think your god said to you. This is not a fact. You just believe it is. If you truly feel that it is the same. Come to my house. I will kiss a guy while you hold your hand on my stove. By your logic, we should both be dealt the same harm, correct? I might be a little grossed out but I will live. How baddly can we burn your hand?

so is it right to lead children to believe that doing something that will cause your whole soul to burn is ok?
NO!
IT IS NEVER RIGHT TO TEACH CHILDREN TO ACCEPT WRONG AS RIGHT!

You are right. That is why the Church of Satan forbids bringing anyone under 18 into the church. It is sinful to fill innocent minds with fanciful tales of one's beliefs Children should be left to discover the world within rules but not be handed a book full of violence and anger, incest, prostitution, slavery, murder, sacrifice, and that is the stuff in the name of god in the first half of that book. I think it is sick to teach children religion or to bias them against or for any group of people in any way.

"The children always played together [until]
we taught them otherwise."

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 07:03 PM
link   

I guess I missed something. I thought your religion was about love and taking care of your brother.

"What you do to the least among you, you do unto me"

Yet you have decided that you are somehow in a position to judge that being homosexual is a sinful choice and thus can be hated?

hmmmmmm.....seems a little judgemental and hateful to me but what do I know.

Be careful? Are you threatening me with something?
I never repeated the same post. I guess you did not bother to read it through the second time. I changed it for you so you could get over your petty argument about words and deal with the issue. If you think it is the same post, you need to read more carefully.

What you have done is judged that the way some people are born is a sin and for them to give in to their natural inclinations is to be willfully sinful. Therefor, you have judged homosexuals to be sinners. Did I miss something?

Again, I JUDGED NO ONE!
I HAVE EXPLAINED THAT GOD HAS JUDGED THAT THE ACT OF HOMOSEXUALITY IS AN ABOMINATION, WHICH IT IS!
NOT BECAUSE I SAY THE ACT IS SIN, BECAUSE GOD HAS SAID IT IS SIN!

If a person's CHARACTER depends on homosexual behavior, then that person doesn't have much of a CHARACTER!
Who places an ACT as the CENTER of their CHARACTER?
Do they do this because it is GOOD for them?
NO!
They DEFEND their ACT to SUPPORT the ACT, not because IT is the right thing to do!

And, people are NOT born doing the ACT of homosexual behavior.
It is a CHOICE a person decides to DO.
They DECIDE to do it because they WANT to do it, not because they are born doing it.

The center of MY character is JESUS, and HE HATES the ACT of homosexuality.
The center of MY character is to LOVE EVERYONE!

Just because I agree with God and HATE the ACT of homosexuality does not make ME a judge!
As I said before, I AM ONLY A MESSENGER!

And, it isn't like I make anyone out to be bad.
They can judge themselves.
They are the ones doing the ACT, not me.
And, I DO NOT HAVE TO ACCEPT THE ACT OF HOMOSEXUALITY AS THE RIGHT THING TO DO!
IT IS A WRONG ACT TO DO, AND ANYONE DOING THE ACT WILL HAVE TO FACE JESUS ON THEIR OWN!

They can DO what they want, but they will have to face Jesus for doing IT.
You and the others like you FIGHT and JUDGE others when they will not accept the ACT of homosexuality!
You try to make us feel guilty for not receiving it positively!
Well, you are JUDGING ME JUST BECAUSE I WILL NOT ACCEPT THE ACT AS BEING THE RIGHT THING TO DO!

I HATE THE ACT, AND THERE IS NOTHING JESUS EVER SAID WHERE I HAVE TO ACCEPT SOMETHING THAT IS WRONG!

Try to feed that garbage to someone else who isn't well GROUNDED on what is right and what is wrong!
I'll NEVER feel guilty for believing God!

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Tell me where in the Bible that it says that God hates anything.

Men who practiced homosexuality in that time were put to death by Christians.

Other sins had other punishments, but all sins are seen as equal in the eyes of God.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 08:16 PM
link   

I HATE THE ACT, AND THERE IS NOTHING JESUS EVER SAID WHERE I HAVE TO ACCEPT SOMETHING THAT IS WRONG!

Do you go to church? Do you read the bible? I think you need to read about Jesus. He was the first one to take in the whores, the sinners, the shunned. He went and showed the "bad people" LOVE, not hate. But I guess you know better than him how to interpret your god's words huh.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I like Saintly Mic, love Charles Manson.
I hate his behavior in the multiple murders.
(A sin)

I love my children.
I hate their behavior when I find them lying, or hitting, or name calling.
(Commonly called sin)

I love my children to the degree that I will punish/consequence them for continuing to choose hateful, hurtful, mean behavior.
(sinning)

I love GTBHL.
I hate their behavior.
(Commonly called sin)

I love disabled people.
I love black people.
I hate their behavior when it is mean or hurtful.
(Commonly called sin)

I in fact hate Charlie Mansons behavior that I would vote for the death penalty.

If someone broke into my home and was threatening (committing a sin) me or my children, I would hate their (sinful) behavior so quickly that I would impose the death penalty immediately.

I love GTHLB, and hate their sinful behavior. Which means that I am in complete agreement with Saintly Mic.

I do not use my internal urges or my internal definition of what is right and wrong.
I use the yardstick provided by God.

Based on the fact that human nature, in and of itself is sinful and evil.

Parents, not government employees, decide for their children which yardstick to use

new topics

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29 >>

join