It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

School Clams Up on 'Gay' Pledge Cards Given to Kindergartners

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Well good for you. And me to I guess. But the fact is not everybody is like you. Some people are followers. And what they see as ok and good and fun. They will do cause everybody else does it.

As for God and Christ. I dont want to turn this into a christian battle. But God and Christ are out their. And the bible is the word of God. The bible it self is proof enough. God bless.

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by wisefoolishness
reply to post by angel of lightangelo

Why would you even think that the 'line would be drawn' there? Parents have the right to teach their children what they want, but obviously doing what you said is out of the question.

The simple fact that every parent wants a line drawn SOMEWHERE. So we are either going to have to agree on a line or start all homeschooling.

What makes me think it? Read this thread. When did I say parents should not teach kids whatever they want. You go ahead and teach your kid that being gay is a choice. When he fails biology, he can thank you for that choice. I could care less. I was simply making a point based on people like you posting on here about where the lines should be drawn.

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 08:10 PM
link   
So because I teach my child that homosexual is a choice they are going to fail biology class.
There you go again dramatically postulating the ridiculous and absurd to avoid making a point.
The level of absurdity you take things sheds suspect on your entire thought process.
The child would probably make a C- on that part of biology, but finish the class with an A+.
For crying out loud.

XXY chromosomes is a rare birth diagnosis.
Those poor folks are born that way, the remainder have a choice.

[edit on 20-11-2008 by fmcanarney]

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by fmcanarney

No offense to anyone, but who would want to choose to be gay? No one. Nobody wants to be ridiculed, it's not their choice, it's how they are. You can't ignore the fact there have been studies about this, and people are born that way.

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by 7H3Y 4R3 C0M1N6

Who are you trying to kid? My cousin loves his mom hating him, his family disowning him. The town he grew up in was small enough to drum his ass to the other side of the country. And the social scene is less that opportunistic outside of the places Bill O'Really obsesses about. He just loves every aspect of life being more difficult with no more reward. I totally see why people would chose that.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by fmcanarney

There will be people who want attention, and those who are bisexual, but those aren't reasons to teach people that all gays have a choice. I know one homosexual person who didn't know they were gay until they had a sexual experience with a member of the opposite sex (I'm trying to reveal as little as possible for protective reasons); they were just grossed out and realized who they were. Also, you do not see a homosexual every single time you go out. Gays are "minorities" to some extent, which I guess proves your statement that that condition is rare, but you are acting like there are many more homosexuals than there are.

Nobody chooses to be heterosexual either, they just are because that's what feels right to them. Same with gays.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by fmcanarney
So because I teach my child that homosexual is a choice they are going to fail biology class.
There you go again dramatically postulating the ridiculous and absurd to avoid making a point.
The level of absurdity you take things sheds suspect on your entire thought process.
The child would probably make a C- on that part of biology, but finish the class with an A+.
For crying out loud.

Your kid will fail because they will be taking cues from you instead of science and education. It will start by him thinking being gay is a choice. It will continue on when he explains to his teacher that cancer is a choice because cancer patients were not born XXY.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Y'all are getting completely ridiculous. You do realize you are arguing about what a child will get in a specific class grade in a future time over something his/her parent thinks, right?

Yeah, and my dog is gonna pee on an electric fence two years from now because I have a Bible in the house.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRedneck
Y'all are getting completely ridiculous. You do realize you are arguing about what a child will get in a specific class grade in a future time over something his/her parent thinks, right?

Yeah, and my dog is gonna pee on an electric fence two years from now because I have a Bible in the house.

TheRedneck

Nah, I am just pointing out that if you plan to stick to beliefs even when the facts and scientific revelation have born them wrong, chances are if you plan on seeing to it that your children believe the same things in spite of what education will present them with, they will fail. If I plan on instilling in my children the use of leeches to ward off demons whenever anything is wrong because that is what I believe, how do you think they will fare in med school if they adhere to what daddy taught them?

Just pointing out that beliefs are nice but when the world and facts show something else, you really should not insist on carrying those beliefs on through your offspring. Let them die with you, let the new generations learn and grow. Fire, the wheel, Earth is flat, being gay is a choice and the only biological anomoly that exsists is people born with XXY setups. These are all things that are wrong and should not be passed on to our children and force them to believe. Thank god we mostly got over the first few already. The rest will come. Eventually god(s) will go away too.

[edit on 20-11-2008 by angel of lightangelo]

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Exactly.

If if you teach your kid your own version of history...

He will probably fail history in school...

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I dout just because their gay they fail a class. But I do believe being gay can hurt your prospective on how you think. For instance most gays don't believe in God. Or Christianity. Most gays I meant are always doing something stupid. I walk in a room once and their on the phone talking on a phone chat line and all they do, Is act like girls and try to get guys to send pics of their dicks. most gays that I meant are always doing something hella F up.

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by slymattb
I dout just because their gay they fail a class.

How do you suppose your children would do in English class if you were teaching them that school is wrong and your way or spelling is correct?

Your kid would get a big fat F with this attatched -should be "I doubt that just because they're gay, they will fail a class."

I am not knocking your poor grammar and spelling. I am just sayng that teaching homosexuality is a choice is going to benefit his child as much as you teaching your child the proper use of "their" and "they're."

Get it? It is wrong, so they will fail.

But I do believe being gay can hurt your prospective on how you think. For instance most gays don't believe in God. Or Christianity. Most gays I meant are always doing something stupid. I walk in a room once and their on the phone talking on a phone chat line and all they do, Is act like girls and try to get guys to send pics of their dicks. most gays that I meant are always doing something hella F up.

Ok, do you mean met? Anyway, you just told another annecdote about something you saw once as if that is it for everyone. I saw a black person today driving a jeep. They all drive jeeps. I work with a jewish girl that is a vegetarian. I guess all jews are vegetarians.

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I think the Kindergarten curriculum should stick to spelling and colouring in the lines. I dont see any need for these cards in kindergarten classrooms. I dont know of any 4 year old screaming fag...

Edit for clarification.

[edit on 21-11-2008 by InSpiteOf]

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 06:35 PM
link   

I dout just because their gay they fail a class. But I do believe being gay can hurt your prospective on how you think. For instance most gays don't believe in God. Or Christianity. Most gays I meant are always doing something stupid. I walk in a room once and their on the phone talking on a phone chat line and all they do, Is act like girls and try to get guys to send pics of their dicks. most gays that I meant are always doing something hella F up.

So, you've met most of the worlds gay and lesbian population?
No?
Oh, well I guess your opinion is a little skewed.

Fact is, regardless of sexual orientation, a belief in (a) God is a personal thing.

Although you probably are correct in assuming that many Gays and Lesbians do not follow Christianity. But then again, so do many straights.

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   

For crying out loud.

We know very little about how the brain works. Are you really so bold as to speculate that sexual orientation is a choice without any solid evidence?

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Wow among having horrible spelling, you are making assumptions that are untrue. I honestly cannot believe that you would say such things, I mean seriously you must have had some seriously bad encounters with gay people to believe that they all are feminine, beg for explicit pictures, and talk on the phone....Damn man where are you getting this information?

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by 7H3Y 4R3 C0M1N6

You mean all gay people do not talk on the phone?

Whoa whoa whoa. I am rethinking things here.

[edit on 21-11-2008 by angel of lightangelo]

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Marcus Calpurnius

Just because it happens, doesn't mean it should.

"Every country endures terrorism and bombings, why should America be special?"

Please. Bullying is terrorism at a much much smaller level. If you can stop one person from calling names, well then, we may have one less Bill O'Reilly in our future.

reply to post by slymattb

You best be trolling.

[edit on 21-11-2008 by sadisticwoman]

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Jezus

I have taught my children my version of who shot JFK, and they make A+ in history class.

I teach my children evolution and they make A+ in Biology.

I teach my children how to use intelligent shortcuts in math and they make A+ in algebra.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 07:32 AM
link   
The majority of us adults realize we are not victims of our genes, or of mommy sitting us on the potty crooked.

The current rise in homosexuality is probably the result of drinking city water which has had tons of birth control pills and estrogen pills for menopause flushed into it for decades.

Men need to start flushing their viagara pills and in ten years the testosterone levels of the public will restabilize.

Sex education belongs at home where parents can reinforce their morals and values along with it. If parents teach their children GBLTH is a choice then more power to them.

new topics

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join