It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

School Clams Up on 'Gay' Pledge Cards Given to Kindergartners

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by angel of lightangelo

Are you really comparing parents who murder their children to parents who just don't want their kids learning about sexuality at such a young age?

Parents like that obviously don't deserve children, and they obviously don't have good judgment, but why would you compare those two things to make a point?

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   
the line is drawn between crime and non crime. What ever the law states that is the line.

So there is your answer, now how about my answer?

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 11:41 AM
link   

I never said that parents should be able to do whatever they wish. I just said that I didn't want to raise my children to be hippies, especially not hippies that did whatever they wished.

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Epinephrine
Unconditional love? What if I don't want my children to be hippies and demanded some sort of functionality and ambition from them? Heck, what if I wanted my children to be badasses with their hearts set on conquest and who commanded respect and servitude from those around them?

What was the point of this statement if not "I should be able to raise my children any way I want to."?

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I agree. Seems a bit early to be teaching them that, but on the same token, parents teach hate at a young age also.

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

I will admit that I haven't yet read this entire thread, so forgive me if this is a bit repetitive.
I think that some people may be missing the point.
By suggesting that the children sign these cards, no matter how well intentioned by the teacher, they merely emphasize the "otherness" of this particular group of people. By pointing out this "otherness" the teacher is pointing out that group of people for additional attention.

Of course, if you go out of your way to appear or act differently than the social norms of your society, you should expect attention. Not all of this attention may be to your liking.

I think the teacher could spend their efforts toward teaching the children to be polite to all people. You shouldn't have to make a special effort to behave properly only around certain groups of people. Name calling and discriminating against people is just bad behavior and should be discouraged in ALL of it's forms, no matter if it is against an individual or a group.

Just my .02

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Irish M1ck
I agree. Seems a bit early to be teaching them that, but on the same token, parents teach hate at a young age also.

Thank you. All I am saying is that it is not perfect either way but we need to be rational. Schools should not teach sex to kids. Schools should teach biology to kids old enough to understand sex and that is that. On the other hand, parents are far from perfect and unfortunately, since we all live in this society together, someone has to step in sometimes. There has to be a middle ground. It sucks and that is not perfect either but hey. I do not want schools telling 5 year olds what gay means but I still fail to see how they are recruiting gays. I think it is just a little far fetched on both sides. The school needs to cut that crap out, and the paranoid closet cases need to chill out about fear of recruitment. Parents should teach morals, ethics, values, some just teach us how to make a nice stiff drink and order a pizza. Thank god for teachers and schools sometimes. The world is not perfect but we have been making it so far.

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by fmcanarney
Parents are the persons who decide what moral and value their children subscribe to, especially at five years old.

I disagree for this reason...

I want my children to have the ambition and spirit of warriors and to acquire power and social dominance. I'd be thrilled if they conquered a nation or two but going out and thoughtlessly causing violence or war is just the behavior of degenerate hoodlums and I'd expect better of my children.

To be honest though, if my children don't show any psychic abilities and/or extraordinary mental abilities, I'll probably lose any emotional investment I have in them...

Originally posted by TheRedneck
I will gladly lay my life down for either of my children, with no regret, no remorse, and a smile on my face.

Whether you know it or not, you agree with me.

My entire point, is that when it comes to your child, they instantly become more important than you to you. And what that SHOULD mean is that you can see past your own prejudices and preconceived notions and accept them for who they are. Put them in the right direction, but at the same time accept them.

A parent might always THINK they know best, but I think this thread proves that isn't always true...

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   

And imagine how you would feel for your kid if he said he was gay, would you tell him to control his homo feelings and get with a girl? Would you try to give him drugs to change him?

OR

What you accept him...accept him for who he is, and love him?

Because that is my point, we should all have unconditional love for each other...just like a parent.

I should have been more clear in my response. What I meant to say was that it would be my duty as a parent to maximize and protect the functionality and productive output potential of my children and that I would not tolerate or show love for any defects or dysfunctions.

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 02:02 PM
link   

And imagine how you would feel for your kid if he said he was gay, would you tell him to control his homo feelings and get with a girl? Would you try to give him drugs to change him?

OR

What you accept him...accept him for who he is, and love him?

Because that is my point, we should all have unconditional love for each other...just like a parent.

I should have been more clear in my response. What I meant to say was that it would be my duty as a parent to maximize and protect the functionality and productive output potential of my children and that I would not tolerate or show love for any defects or dysfunctions.

First of all, that is not my quote above. And you would not show any love for and defects? So if you child was born blind or deaf you would hate them for that? Maybe you need to do a better job of clarifying.

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Well of course it wasn't your quote when you replied to me making a reference to someone else's posts. It was the quote that I was replying to when I was making the post you so wildly misinterpreted.

If human children that survive to reproductive age do not meet or go beyond the mental and physical abilities of their ancestors then the human species will stagnate if only equal abilities are reached and degenerate they fail to meet equal abilities. As my interests lie in the long-term stability and prosperity of the human species, I cannot love a child that cannot contribute to the betterment of the human species. A merely average child would prove incapable of inspiring love and a child that was obviously inferior would be removed from my care and personal responsibility through whatever legal means that are available to me so that I could better focus my attention on worthwhile and profitable pursuits.

My love(or mild curiosity) for humanity compels me to do what is in the best interest of the human species. It is probable that similar feelings motivate parents to do what is best for their children.

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Epinephrine

Wow! Well thank you very much. That is quite insightful. I truly hope that all your children are born 100% perfect and both you and the mother agree that they are. Unfortunately, looking at the stats, chances are, you are going to be giving away alot of kids before you find enough perfect ones.

Thanks for showing what a loving and compassionate parent you are.

Everything you said sounds great in a satanic, darwinian nature. This is society and no real parent would have such a callous attitude as to say that if your child is blinded by age 8 you will be rid of them by any legal means.

You are a true hero for proving my point for me. Thank you sir.

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 03:23 PM
link   

*shrug*
Call it a quirky, reptilian alien abductee thing. If I lack humanity(though I protest your self-appointed right to judge such a thing), it's probably because non-human contact does that to you.

Is your age greater or less than 16?

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   

So, you do not have children or someone to make any with then? Thank goodness.

I am far over 16, but I have a very youthful face, thanks very much.

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Why does it please you that I am not planning to have children in the immediate future?

Also, would you care to remind me what your position is regarding the school teaching about homosexuality and parents who disapprove of this being taught in the classroom?

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Hey, nevermind. Early on, I thought you might be speaking for a reason. You have no kids. That explains things very clearly. But then again, you used to be gay so I should have known. Since you have no kids, you really cannot speak to how you would raise them. Trust me, non-parents always know what is best until they have kids. Everything changes. I know, you think I am wrong. Afterall, you have no kids so you are completely speaking from no experience and must be right.

What is my opinion? Of what exactly? I have clearly stated how I feel about this over and over and over. If you cannot scroll back a few pages, then I am sorry.

[edit on 15-11-2008 by angel of lightangelo]

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by wisefoolishness

Are you really comparing parents who murder their children to parents who just don't want their kids learning about sexuality at such a young age?

Parents like that obviously don't deserve children, and they obviously don't have good judgment, but why would you compare those two things to make a point?

NO

I love how people get starred for showing everyone that they cannot read. Not only did you miss the point, you were not even on the same target range. I was asking where the line is drawn between "PARENTS ALWAYS KNOW WHAT IS BEST AND SHOULD ALWAYS GET TO DO AS THEY WISH" and a parent who kills their child brutally for being noisy. Just asking where that line gets drawn. Simple question that no one could answer but you all had a good time missconstruing. Awesome!

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Well maybe if you wrote coherent sentences we would be able to read your posts and understand what you're trying to say. And maybe if you stopped throwing temper tantrums and insults and spent a bit of time trying to clearly articulate a point, we would even actually want to read your posts carefully.

Until then, it's bit of a "pot kettle black" moment for you to freak out when you feel that people are misreading your posts when you have been misreading our posts and replying to what you imagined we said in favor of what was actually said.

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Actually, that was a subtle effort to move the conversation back onto the original topic while bridging it with the current topic somehow, but if you don't want to discuss the original topic you can always find another thread and topic to discuss.

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   
angelo,
unless you put me on ignore, the answer is: the line is drawn by the law.
I can raise my children so long as I do not break the law.

new topics

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join