It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

School Clams Up on 'Gay' Pledge Cards Given to Kindergartners

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jezus

Originally posted by PoliticalRevolutionUNDLOL, you have got to be freaking serious. Being gay is NOT ok. That is my damn OPINION and something I believe. If you do not like it then TOO BAD. Its not a damn hate crime to have a freaking opinion!

Again...I do NOT hate gay people as a few of them are my damn friends. If you don't want to think that then thats fine with me. I could seriously care less. We are going to argue this to the end of time so damn lets drop it already.

It is not a hate crime...but your opinion is STILL hateful.

No matter how you try to explain it, believing that the intrinsic characteristics of a person are morally wrong is hateful. You are free to have the opinion that black people were evil, but it would still be hateful.

You are the one that needs to straighten out your beliefs because they are fundamentally contradicting.

With such close minded beliefs this world is going to get increasingly disturbing to you.

Oh so now you admit that its not a hate crime...

And its not hateful. If I hated gays I wouldn't befriend them now would I? They are people. They should not be treated any differently from the rest of us non-gays. I made my point very clear in my previous posts and I am not repeating it again. If you still think I am hating on gays then take the time to scroll up and actually READ my posts.

And my beliefs are not morally wrong. They are morally correct.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Again, maybe you could choose to be gay and choose to be sexual aroused by a male but most people do not choose who they are sexually attracted to. This fundamental ignorance in understanding homosexuality divides people.
And you say that you are not "hateful" but than you say this.

You imply that fundamental ignorance is the cause of our misunderstanding. You not only have fundamental ignorance, I think the ignorance is much deeper than that. Infact, it is so deep as to be something you have no choice over, and there fore can not be held accountable for its products (your thinking process). You are not intelligent enough to be discussing things on this board. One of the requirements is to be intelligent enough to look at your primary sexual organs and extrapolate what they are naturally and properly used for.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by fmcanarney

What does any of your two posts have to do with anything?

I agree, just because you have a natural attraction to one sex does not mean you have to act on it.

But what does that have to do with anything?

Who cares if they act on it? There is nothing wrong with having the characteristics OR acting on them.

Homosexuality is both in the human world and the animal world. It doesn't hurt anyone.

Just because it can't lead to reproduction does not mean it is not natural.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jenna

As is thinking that what other people do with their boy and girl parts in private has any effect on anyone else. Know what else is just insane? People thinking that just because they use their parts a certain way means that every one else has to use them the same way.

As I said to the other poster, how does it affect you if two people of the same sex fall in love? Simply put, it doesn't. So I don't get why everyone gets all worked up over something that does not affect them in any way, shape or form. They aren't hurting you so what do you care what they use their parts for?

I already said people can have sex with other adults in whatever manner they like in private, but I can assure you I dont view kissing the mouth as the same as kissing the anus, I guess that would be a pretty common standpoint

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 06:16 AM
link   

reply to post by fmcanarney

What does any of your two posts have to do with anything?

As I said the GTBHL are acting on their urge by teaching in school, what must be learned at home.

I agree, just because you have a natural attraction to one sex does not mean you have to act on it.

But what does that have to do with anything?

Who cares if they act on it? There is nothing wrong with having the characteristics OR acting on them.

acting is private quarters is different than acting in a k9indergarten class in a public school

Homosexuality is both in the human world and the animal world. It doesn't hurt anyone.

animals dont have morals, humans do though

Just because it can't lead to reproduction does not mean it is not natural.

discuss this with your parents, as they had the right idea.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by blueorder
I already said people can have sex with other adults in whatever manner they like in private, but I can assure you I dont view kissing the mouth as the same as kissing the anus, I guess that would be a pretty common standpoint

And had that been what I said, you would be correct. As it stands however I didn't. I was responding to a post that basically said our parts are only intended to naturally be used for one thing. My response was some walk on their hands, though hands aren't naturally used for walking. Some draw and eat with their feet, though feet aren't naturally used for drawing and eating. Some use their mouths to kiss, though mouths aren't naturally used for kissing. Please show where I said that kissing a mouth and kissing an anus are the same thing. Seems you are reading things into my statements that simply aren't there.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 07:33 AM
link   

And had that been what I said, you would be correct. As it stands however I didn't. I was responding to a post that basically said our parts are only intended to naturally be used for one thing. My response was some walk on their hands, though hands aren't naturally used for walking. Some draw and eat with their feet, though feet aren't naturally used for drawing and eating. Some use their mouths to kiss, though mouths aren't naturally used for kissing. Please show where I said that kissing a mouth and kissing an anus are the same thing. Seems you are reading things into my statements that simply aren't there.

Whether you said it or not, I am saying this

kissing the mouth and the anus are not the same thing, and I suspect that would be a dominant view of most humans- that being said I cannot stop someone kissin another person's ass in private, nor would I want to, but that is my view

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by blueorder
Whether you said it or not, I am saying this

kissing the mouth and the anus are not the same thing, and I suspect that would be a dominant view of most humans- that being said I cannot stop someone kissin another person's ass in private, nor would I want to, but that is my view

And again I didn't say they were the same thing, nor do I believe they are. Your initial response to me implied I said it was when I did not. So as I said you are reading things in that aren't there.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 07:53 AM
link   

And again I didn't say they were the same thing, nor do I believe they are. Your initial response to me implied I said it was when I did not. So as I said you are reading things in that aren't there.

but you are making no distinction are you, just a list of random things we do with body parts, I am making the distinction

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by blueorder

Really?? You are really going to try to say that what you read into my post is what was meant? Even though I clarified it just for you? Silly me for thinking that people would understand that I was not talking about kissing any specific place, I was talking about kissing in general.

Please continue reading things into every sentence I type that are not there.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Really?? You are really going to try to say that what you read into my post is what was meant? Even though I clarified it just for you? Silly me for thinking that people would understand that I was not talking about kissing any specific place, I was talking about kissing in general.

Please continue reading things into every sentence I type that are not there.

and to clarify, do you make a distinction between the two separate body areas/parts in terms of being kissed?

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Now I understand. You just aren't reading my posts at all. I will refer you to this post. Which ironically I just made a few minutes ago.

Even more ironically, you quoted it yourself..

[edit on 5-11-2008 by Jenna]

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Now I understand. You just aren't reading my posts at all. I will refer you to this post. Which ironically I just made a few minutes ago.

Even more ironically, you quoted it yourself..

[edit on 5-11-2008 by Jenna]

fair enough, think you feel the same as me

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Which I have stated repeatedly in these last few posts.

I suffer from the delusion, apparently, that my words will be taken at face value. I always fail to account for those who read things in that aren't there.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by PoliticalRevolutionUNDOh so now you admit that its not a hate crime...

I never said it was...............

And if you have hateful beliefs simply saying "I'm not hateful" doesn't make it go away.

When it comes to homosexuality the only people who are doing anything wrong are people that make them feel bad about who they are.

When something is desired and pleasurable for the willing participants and has no negative externality, there is nothing wrong with it.

Your ignorant position has negative externalities.

I can't convince you to be accepting of others differences, you need to do that yourself.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by PoliticalRevolutionUNDOh so now you admit that its not a hate crime...

I never said it was...............

And if you have hateful beliefs simply saying "I'm not hateful" doesn't make it go away.

When it comes to homosexuality the only people who are doing anything wrong are people that make them feel bad about who they are.

When something is desired and pleasurable for the willing participants and has no negative externality, there is nothing wrong with it.

Your ignorant position has negative externalities.

I can't convince you to be accepting of others differences, you need to do that yourself.

Haha, my position is not negative. You are making it negative by spouting off on something that was never meant to be "hateful".

And of course you cannot convince me to be accepting of others differences since that was never the issue. I do not care if you are gay, just don't promote it in schools

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by PoliticalRevolutionUND
Haha, my position is not negative.

I actually think its rather stupid to think a person is born gay.

Again, its a CHOICE and NOT something you are born to be and THEREFORE can keep its ugly face OUT of the school system.

It isn't negative to say that gay people are "stupid" for thinking their "ugly" state of homosexuality is natural?

I'm not not trying to mess with you man. I think your smarter than your ignorant position on this subject. I think your a good person, and you don't need to have these prejudices that divide us.

We are all in this together.

[edit on 5-11-2008 by Jezus]

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Haha, my position is not negative.

I actually think its rather stupid to think a person is born gay.

Again, its a CHOICE and NOT something you are born to be and THEREFORE can keep its ugly face OUT of the school system.

It isn't negative to say that gay people are "stupid" for thinking their "ugly" state of homosexuality is natural?

I'm not not trying to mess with you man. I think your smarter than your ignorant position on this subject. I think your a good person, and you don't need to have these prejudices that divide us.

We are all in this together.

[edit on 5-11-2008 by Jezus]

I wasn't calling gay people stupid. I was saying it is stupid to THINK that gays are born gay. That is not calling gays stupid.

The ugly part was, I admit, a little harsh and I am sorry if I offended anyone which I probably did. That was not my intention. This has always been and probably forever will be...a very touchy subject. People are going to get offended no matter what.

We are all good people (hopefully). We all have opinions and personal beliefs.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 04:56 PM
link   

jezsu it is impossible for anyone to make someone else feel bad about who they are. Each person is responsible for their own thoughts, actions and feelings. To blame your hurt feelings on something someone else said or did is grade school level psychology.

[edit on 5-11-2008 by fmcanarney]

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by wisefoolishness

If you re-word the pledge so that the kindergartners can understand what they are signing, then its pretty obvious the teacher was way out of line.

"If you make fun of Jonny if he puts his pee pee in..."

I won't finish because its just not really appropriate for ATS either. Clearly to me it is way over the line because understanding what is you must also understand how sex works. So no, it is not appropriate unless you think kindergartners should know all about the mechanics of sex.

And besides that point, the idea of having anyone under 12 or so signing an agreement is nonsensical. They will sign whatever you tell them to sign! You are basically leveling down a guilt trip on kids by telling them to promise something that they possibly don't understand and definitely are too young to be asked to make promises about anything that is particularly serious.

[edit on 5-11-2008 by truthquest]

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join