It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Starbucks on Nov 4th

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Through all the partisan bickering we've heard... and all the mudslinging and smearing that we're getting tired of... finally something everyone can applaud...

Starbucks is giving everyone who votes a free cup of coffee on Election day...

www.azcentral.com...

I don't know what anyone else things, but I think this is worthy of a standing ovation...

If only more companies did things like this to encourage everyone to vote, our democracy would work much smoother...

everyone that is eligible to vote, needs to vote!

VOTE people!

Here's a link to find your local polling location:

www.vote411.org...

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by nj2day

What?

Why did I have to hear about this after I early voted?

I swear, this is me!

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Corporate whores.

...but I'll be there to get my FREE cup of joe.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 11:07 PM
link   
lol yah, i'm a java addict too... I thought you had to be to get a username on this site

anyway, You might get it anyway... Looks like they are taking your word for it...

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Assuming the demographics are fairly well known they should receive a good boost on impulse buys.

Plus, the marketing..., oy!

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Yeah I remember them doing this last Fall, although I missed the opportunity then. This time I will be sure to hit up Starbucks for some of their "Crack filled Drinks" lol (as an acquaintance calls them, everyone is always parking in bus lanes in the morning, cutting others off, and running to get to the Starbucks, she says they must be filled with Crack lol).

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by nj2day
If only more companies did things like this to encourage everyone to vote, our democracy would work much smoother...

The word democracy is not in the Declaration of Independence, the Constitution or any of the Constitution's of the States. Democracy is simply majoritarianism, which is inherently incompatible with real freedom. Our founding fathers clearly understood this.

We are a Republic and we follow the Constitution. Or at least that is what I used to think. The Twelfth Amendment to the United States Constitution provides the procedure by which the President and Vice President are elected.

The Electors shall meet in their respective states, and vote by ballot for President and Vice-President, one of whom, at least, shall not be an inhabitant of the same state with themselves;

The Twelfth Amendment was defied when George Bush(Texas resident) and Richard Cheney(Texas resident) were on the same ticket. The elective process is a farce. This is the law and it was clearly broken. Oligarchy might be a better word.

[edit on 2-11-2008 by METACOMET]

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by METACOMET

That may be true, but without voting, even if its an illusion, you can't have much of a leg to stand on...

Voting is the first step... when people wake up, we'll be able to say we tried to do everything the right way

You should start a thread on this... It would be an interesting topic

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 01:19 AM
link   
what, no puns about "strong" and "black" ????

guys are lettin' me down

-

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by prevenge

I take my coffee the way I take my Presidents:

From a source other then Corporate America.

Jon

EDIT:than->then

[edit on 11.2.2008 by Voxel]

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by nj2day

The people aren't going to "wake up". Coffee ain't bringing us back from this slumber. We're working on a third generation which has little in the way of education about what our Constitution means and why it was written.

Our current system is a fraud, a sham, a delusion and the people are cool with that. It is ignorantly self-administered by its victims. It is part of the fabric of our lives, as not to be perceived as tyranny. You seem to know it, yet you are alright with voting anyways. Why? So you can tell your kids that you did your part in swindling their futurity on a small scale?

As for the minority that are "awake" and know the fraud, their struggle seems less about abolishing bad government than about who gets to use it.

My right to life, liberty and property, to free speech, a free press, freedom of worship and assembly may not be submitted to vote; they depend on no elections. Yet Obama and McCain disagree. They feel these subjects are debatable. They believe my inalienable individual liberties not only can be, but must be sacrificed for my benefit and more importantly, the benefit of the Fatherland.

I don't look look down upon those that will participate on Tuesday. Please don't look down upon me for refusing to participate in my own destruction. I will not willingly put my future into the hands of those who pay no price for being wrong.

[edit on 2-11-2008 by METACOMET]

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Voxel
reply to post by prevenge

I take my coffee the way I take my Presidents:

From a source other then Corporate America.

I appreciate your sentiments enough to giv eyou a star...

...but I need my caffeine!

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by nj2day
Starbucks is giving everyone who votes a free cup of coffee on Election day...

Well .. thanks but no thanks. Their coffee stinks.
Seriously - I love dunk'n donuts and wawa.

Nice thought though.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Oh, they have the best coffee in the world!!!!! Come on! If you dont like it, you must not like coffee at ALLL!!!!!!!!

I think its a lovely gesture- too bad the one we had here in Mashpee CLOSED due to the economy.

We have Funking Gonuts here

I guess its time for another trip to Phoenix for a good cup of Java.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I love coffee but I came from a family of tightwads,if I were to ever walk thru the doors of a Starbucks and bought a cup my father would come down as a ghost and knock it from my hands,and hand me a can of Folgers

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Ben and Jerrys is also handing out free icecream...
www.benjerry.com...

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Whoa! nice!!!

I'll have to see if they have a shop around here somewhere

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Also free doughnut at krispy kreme
free chicken sandwich at chick fil a (participating and regional vary)
free chicken finger meal at Shanes Rib Shack
free cup of "joe" at books a million

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Whoa! all I need to do is vote, and get corporate america to support me for a day?

sounds like Breakfast, and Lunch are covered... got a couple cups of coffee along the way...

SWEET!

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Marketing genius...

They know that most of their patrons will order a double expresso, latte, with marshmellows and cheese.

And pay the $4.50 for the extra goodies.

I'm giving out free kisses to the ladies reguardless of who they vote for.
I'll be at Starbucks from noon till my lips give out.

[edit on 2-11-2008 by whaaa]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join