It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bowler dies moments after first perfect game

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Bowler dies moments after first perfect game

nbcsports.msnbc.com

RAVENNA, Mich. - A Michigan man who bowled his first perfect game immediately collapsed in the bowling alley and died.
Don Doane belonged to the same team at a bowling alley for 45 years.

On Oct. 16 at Ravenna Bowl, he scored a perfect 300.As he was being congratulated by his teammates, local television reports said Doane collapsed on the floor.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Sad. Life is short guys. It comes in highs and lows. The highs never last as long as you want, the lows seem to come at the worst time. But neither last for very long in reality.

Keep things in perspective this election week. Be safe and enjoy life. But remember, we never know when our number is going to be called up.

nbcsports.msnbc.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 09:40 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

They say you always wanna go out doing something you love. Im sure he was ecstatic to get his first perfect game, but me thinks hed rather have more time with family.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Life is short but this guy went out on top doing what he loved. He's a legend now. All those people that die while having sex don't get written up in the newspapers. Peace be with you Don Doane.

[edit on 11/1/08 by stikkinikki]

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

Was that called for?

I mean, whether you are hoping that Obama wins or dies directly after winning, this thread nor that story has anything to do with politics. God, I want this election to be over.

On the story, it is sad and does prove that life is short. Do what you love and try to accomplish what you want to do in the time you have.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by stikkinikki

I agree, If you are going to die and you will someday, at least go out doing what you love.............Just think if he would have died after his worse game ever?

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by skeptic1

For the record, i figured he meant what he meant, but I didnt even feel it was worthy of response, so i ignored it. But make no mistake I did not agree with that poster..

On to the topic... I hope his family the best. Surely he will be a legend in that town

new topics

top topics

join