It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The question is, is it just me?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Is it just me, I have a deepening sense that something is going to happen. The problem that I have is this is not based on hard facts or a specific fear. What I found today is that this is not something that is in the front of mind but is more of a visceral reaction. I cut and trailered in two loads of fire wood today with another scheduled for tomorrow. I now have enough for this winter and next. I loaded about 150 rounds of ammo this week. Food is good for a number of months. Just got brass in for 100 rounds of 9.3 x 62, if I am attacked by mega fauna I will be set. Not what I would call typical of myself.

The question is, is it just me? If I am the only one that is acting this way I will slap myself and tell myself that enough is enough. However if there is a large number of folks that are having the same feelings then there may be something too my feeling. I am not a big guy on ESP but I do know that facts that seem to be unrelated tend to come together in the back waters of our minds and get pulled into a correct reading of the problem.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 09:37 PM
link   
There sure is a lot of tension and anxiety in the world today. Ever since 911 we have been waiting for the other shoe to drop and every day that it doesn't is one day closer to when it does. It sounds like your survival instinct is kicking in and you are making yourself more comfortable with the situation. Just because you have that odd stomach butterfly or whatever it is feeling does not mean your worst fears will be realized but maybe there is some degree of threat to your living a full and comfortable life. Just keep your head on straight and your wits about you and odds are you will come out fine. Prepare for the worse and be relieved when these problems resolve themselves.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by waterdoctor

No, it isn't just you. Many have done and are doing the same. It is always wise to plan ahead for a man made or natural disaster.

If there is no disaster you will have saved money as I feel food prices will rocket.

Check out the ATS survival thread. It's filled with helpful information.

Peace

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Friend, it isn't just you; I do believe we all, on some level, are part of a group consciousness, and a lot of people are now starting to pay attention to supplies on hand and what if something happens?

I remember going with my parents during the cuban missile crisis and looking at homes being built with fallout shelters, and it made a lasting impression on me that has lasted thru the cold war, y2k, 9/11, and in today's world, the feeling is getting stronger, with prices skyrocketing and jobs disappearing, so, yeah, the intelligent move is to not live in a city or suburb, have food, water, shelter, and all the rest, for most people don't realize how quickly the shelves in all the stores could become empty.

seeker

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Dear Waterdoctor:

No, you are not the only one with these feelings, there is something brewing that I think a lot of people will not be ready for. I believe in God and in his word the Bible. Many prophecies are fulfilling right before our eyes, and many more yet to be fulfilled, like this one:

"for then there will be great tribulation such as has not occurred since the world's beginning until now, no, nor will occur again". - Matthew 24:21

Great tribulation indeed!!!!

We are headed for one of the darkest times in human history, but believe it or not, something BEAUTIFUL is coming out of the chaos, I truly believe that, I have good reason to and so should you.....

TRUE knowlegde will give you peace

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Well, its is not surprising that a lot of people on ATS would be feeling iffy about the near future. How could you not be? Like watching the daily news could make you afraid to go out your door, the constant ruminations here about conspiracies would give any normal person some trepidation about what tomorrow brings.
I am one of those, I have to admit.
But, I also have to check myself from getting too worked up about it.

Since my time here I have gained a healthy respect for the power of thought to affect what comes about. My fear is that the never ceasing attention given to the possibility of eminent disaster could just make it happen!!

Sooo ... lets be wary and observant, and the watch for signs, "just in case", but at the same time lets try and think positively too - for outcomes and solutions that could avert the tragedy we fear.

somehow I want to believe that the power of good will win out in the end, and we will somehow stop the craziness that frankly does just seem all too pervasive around us.
damn, there i go giving attention to the negative again,

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 12:21 AM
link   
No, it is NOT just you.

I have been asleep for many years and all of a sudden just a few weeks ago I woke up. It was a strange thing, like a light just went on and suddenly I am aware of many things which were not even on my radar for most of my life (I am 41 years old).

One of the most amazing things, to me, is that I woke up at all. And why now? I was living a pretty complacent life, raising my kids, going to church, gardening, homemaking, etc. And all of a sudden I became aware that some pretty amazing, scary stuff is happening, unlike at any other time in history. I started re-thinking some bizarre childhood experiences I'd had. I started becoming aware of a weird undercurrent in the news, like it's all related in some sinister way. And that was before I found ATS.

Every generation seems to think theirs will be the last. But today there is more reason than ever to think that. It's definitely not just you.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 01:03 AM
link   
I was beginning to think it was just me!!!

Outtahere, you sound just like me (also, 41, raising my family, going to church - same exact story). It feels like something is brewing. I purchased a handgun and a shotgun last month. I've never even held a shotgun. Something is definately going on.

What's frightening is the number of people that still are blind to everything.

Bible prophecy? Another thread here brought up the NWO using the bible as a blueprint? Wheather it is God's timetable or TPTB - something is fixing to shake loose.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 02:56 AM
link   
No its not just you, I posed almost exactly the same question on this very forum about three weeks ago, Something subliminal is in the air, an undelying sense of uncertainty. Its been enough for me to blow over £300 quid this month on extra food and fuel, and I have done away with the wifes estate car and replaced it with a 4x4 so she can get home that bit easier if TSHTF.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 04:28 AM
link   
I'd have to agree. But I've always been a bit weary and overly aware of the political / socio climate due to my old job. But I must admit of late I've stepped up a gear in training, purchasing kit and stock piling grub and surveying areas around me for frv and various lup.

I'm not a fan of the bible or these prophecies, I'm a pagan the Earth is all I need, and I don't claim to understand a lot of things in this world or why some things happen, but something has defiantly changed that I can feel. And I know its not me cracking up as I've not long since had a complete medical and psychological assessment it was offered to me so I thought I could go mess with the shrink.... but they can tell
)

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Waterdr it is not just you. My global conciousness meter has been on code red for months. I am not typically a paranoid person. With global and internal events unfolding almost daily, any rational minded person would be perfectly entitled to be edgy. Remember shrubs gaffe, 'we rule by confusion'. And confused we are. It has made no effect to email every congressman and senator in the US to pull us out of a unjust war on 'sexed up intel'. The guy was found with a remarkable lack of blood after 'suiciding' himself a week later in his garden.

So what's next. I put on a walking billboard and parade in front of the WH? Perhaps mooning them from time to time. The elections are days away.
I strongly suggest you get a tally of all senators who meekly came in and said, 'well I don't like this' but Ay. Let's do some slicing and dicing in this election. It really is all we have left.

[edit on 11/2/2008 by jpm1602]

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Yes, it is just you, you must obviously be crazy. The governements of the world are there to protect all of us. Nothing bad can or ever will happen. Trust the government. It is good.

Sorry, for the sarcasam there, but had to do it.

No, you are not alone. I'm the only person I know that posts on ATS, but myself, and at least a dozen others I speak with daily feel the same as you. You walk into a store or down the street and you can hear and see a brewing panic in people. There is something bad out there collectively, I have no idea what it is. Just stay on your toes and be ready for whatever the world has coming our way.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 12:10 PM
link   
It's not just you.

I know some people that also have the "something is wrong" feeling.

Most of us are not preparing for anything, just living carelessly.

I also noted that the number of people that are feeling like that is increasing, which leads me to believe that pretty soon most of the people around will be feeling like that...

Will we be able to continue ignoring? Are people going to prepare?

I don't know, but my mind is already set for what I feel I need to do: bug-out and meet the wild life I shouldn't have left years ago.
But right now, I'm stuck in the city for a while.

I almost envy you for having to gather fire-wood... I wish I had...

Peace

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Thanks to all for the input. I feel better that I am not the only one. On the other hand if we all are right then I shouldn't have to worry about the old 401K. Every one keep safe and thank you.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Dont worry friend its not just you. Ive been feeling this for a few years now. all any of us can do is get prepared, for what i have no idea but somthing big is on the horizon.
hope this helps

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 02:20 PM
link   

I've had the same feeling...that something is brewing and that I should be prepared. It's funny though because up until recently, I went about my days in a normal routine until I suddenly "woke up." Since that time, I can't shake the feeling that very hard times are ahead in the very near future. The feeling is strong and I just can't shake it. My husband and I are preparing as much as we are able, but still, since "waking up" I'm seeing the world differently.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   
You are not alone, many people have the gut feeling that "" Something Evil This Way Comes"" I'm just not sure from which direction, IMHO its going to be Islam or America that opens Pandoras box

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   
its not just you. I have a feeling that something is coming soon that will change civilization. I am also getting ready.

Better to be prepared now than sorry later

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 11:27 PM
link   
More and more people are confiding in me that they are extremely edgy about world events, particularly in the past two months. I'm hearing that many individuals are not expressing their anxiety to others for fear of looking a bit kookie.

These are accountants, architects, psychologists, business owners.

If it was just you or a handful of people, then I'd assume paranoid delusions.

When I question people about this, I usually find that they have not yet been affected by the economic downturn. They still have a job, savings, their bills paid and so forth. They do not express concerns about the economy so much, but something else altogether. I get the feeling they are hoping someone will talk them out of their feelings of doom, or at least tell them to keep moving forward with their plans.

If you really ask people, while they acknowledge we're going to have a Depression, most will tell you it's a feeling of a natural disaster, nuclear attack or complete devastation. Almost every one has said, "I don't know but something bad is coming" or, "Life as we know it is giong to be vastly different." I usually follow it up with a question as to how they are sleeping, and no one has been sleeping well. Ask people about their dreams. . .

The individuals I find who are prepping are those who are very pragmatic and not prone to believe in conspiracies. Talk to someone who was alive during the first Depression, and you'll see them taking action as well. And they are all doing the same thing: buying food, guns, ammo, storing water, growing a garden, saving money, buying gold, and so forth. Most have told me that they think there is "no escaping" this thing and all you can do is be prepared to hunker down. It's global in nature, otherwise, I believe that we would be prompted to leave the country.

There is also another faction which is blindly optimistic. Included in this group would be my friend who works for a brokerage firm and expects to be laid off in the near future. Their only other job experience is in construction. They tell me they are not worried, the market is just "correcting itself." No kidding. Their opinion has not changed in the past two months.

My gut tells me that about 20% are preparing in some manner, and maybe 5% are really prepared well (as in six months supply of food, plenty of ammo, cash or gold on hand, etc.) Less than 1% are pretty much self-sustaining.

I believe the people who are prepped are in a position to lead others through this crisis. I think everyone will come to a point of understanding that you can't lock yourself in your bug out location indefinitely, and sooner or later we have to start rebuilding. . . once the chaos and crime ceases.

I also notice that the people who feel this palpable sense of doom ceased speaking about it in late October. They just don't discuss it with anyone who doesn't feel the same way. Most tell me that's because they are afraid that others will see that they were probably preparing. It's like they have accepted it's coming, they have been giving this feeling, they are going to do with it what they will.

I think we all know there are two groups in this and we're all on one side of the fence.

Me? I've always felt compelled to store seeds my entire life. I didn't start gardening until recently, but I've always had seeds on hand. I have my preps in order and I feel this thing coming. . . like a heaviness in the air and it gets worse at around midnight to 2 a.m.

I have a friend who is a psychic who believes the US will be literally split in half. They have recurring dreams of tidal waves and explosions.

Trying living with that for a year.

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by wayno

Thank god you said it.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join