It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kundalini, Temporal lobe Epilepsy, religious awakenings/visions DMT and dreams???

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Another possibilty - they keep coming dont they?? HOw many more names for the same or similar thing are there?

www.crystalinks.com...

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Not sure on this one - i' rather keep my temporal lobes thanks.
In the link below, scientists/doctors are saying that surgery to remove your a part of your temporal lobes may increase your life expectacy. This is aimed at the 20-40 % who do not resond to treatment - treatment which does nopt go without certain possible consequences. Which part i wonder though do they remove????. I'm not convinced at all, to me its something kind of scared - i know that sounds totally irrational but it is how i feel.

www.sciencedaily.com...

[edit on 3-12-2008 by MCoG1980]

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 01:04 AM
link   
I have also had petit - mal episodes since I was little. It was finally diagnosed when I was 17 I had a bad spell at school. I have in addition always been a fainter are they connected? I am better at resisting the fainting but it's hard with the high pitch noise you mention.

I have had several EEG's with the same diagnosis. I haven't had the other symptoms chest pains or nausea. I sweat profusely the head on fire thing sounds right but I don't feel pressure.

The petit - mal spells for the most part made me feel kind of spacey and detached sometimes I would go off balance. The Dr. seemed to think I would outgrow them and I feel I have. It's only on occasions when I'm stressed or sick do I feel a little bit of it coming on. The fainting has been a more powerful and overwhelming feeling. I still do that on occasion.

I didn't like the drug I was given and quit taking it at 19 with no ill effect.

I read one of the books by Carlos Castaneda years ago and have since been *snip*. I am fairly open minded about people altering their state through whatever means. I think it depends on ones intent.

Interesting thread. Might I ask do you crave salt? I believe salt is required for our electric wiring I wonder if I crave it as a result of my brain waves working differently? My blood pressure is on the very low side.

I must add I can really relate to this:

Some other strange experiences i had when i was a child; there is a memory i have from when i was a about 3 or 4 where i recall being sat in the back of my mums car with my nana, my mum was driving. I can remember feeling like i had just arrived there and then. I knew the pwople round me were my family but they felt familar yet unfamilar and it all felt really surreal. I nicked named moments like that as realisations - becauase to me that is what they felt like and so that is all i could describe them as.
For some reason I called it observing.

*snip* The meds made me sick to my stomach.

[edit on 6-12-2008 by Morningglory]

====
Mod Edit: No talk about taking illicit drugs, please.

[edit on 12/6/2008 by Badge01]

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Morningglory

Thanks for sharing yur own experiences, it helps knowing there are other people who share similar experiences ;o)

I dont crave salt however, infact i never add it to anything - i dont like the taste of it. I do like the taste of water though - yes i do believe it has a taste, you can definately tell the diffrence between tap water and proper spring water (not the fizzy rubbish tyhough). Going back to the salt thing, even though i dont crave it or add it, i do crave savoury and prefer that over anything sweet

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I hadn't realised that many epileptics died in the middleages after being thought of as witches. Makes me kind of appreciate the era i live in. I still think that epilepsy and kundalini are part of the same thing. It just too similar, like i said previously, its quite a coincidence is it not that the caudecus sybolises both?? I have read many descriptions of some epilepic seizures as they approach as like the ones i experience , both describe the pain winding its way up your body and the intense heat/tingling sensation at the top of your head. What is Epilepsy is just the medical name tag, the how it happens bit, and Kundalini is the spiritual experience - the why it happens bit. I'm trying hard to find actual references that link them but it does prove hard to find?? Yet, there very similar - i dont get it. Theory but no written proof of the link- very fustrating

www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov...

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by MCoG1980

There are still very little answers to the cause of SUDEP (Dudden unexplained death in Epilepsy]

I feel that it could be quite probable that the cause of this could be Kundalini awakening and being unable to control it. I personally would recommend chakra meditation for anyone who feels the way i do, I have only been doing it a short while but i do feel better somehow. Epilepsy is asscociated with the crown chakra and so could exlplain the intense heat at the top of my head, other experience this also.

source: www.patient.co.uk...

The risk of SUDEP is small for most people with epilepsy. It is estimated to cause about 500 deaths per year in the UK. This sounds a lot, but when you compare it to the number of people who have epilepsy, it is quite rare. (Epilepsy is common. About 1 in 30 people in the UK develop epilepsy at some stage. Most people with epilepsy have a normal life span and do not die of SUDEP.) Of those who die from SUDEP, it is most common in people who have generalised tonic-clonic seizures, especially in young adults. The most important 'risk factors' seems to be poor seizure control, and seizures occurring during sleep.

In people with severe epilepsy (frequent and severe tonic-clonic seizures), it is estimated that about 1 in 200 die of SUDEP each year.
In people with mild idiopathic epilepsy (epilepsy of unknown cause), it is estimated that about 1 in 1000 die of SUDEP each year.
In people who are in remission the risk of SUDEP seems to be negligible (very low). The term 'in remission' means that you have had seizures in the past, but have none or very few at present. This is either because of treatment, or because the epilepsy has settled down

There is still alot of unknown stuff surrounding epilepsy, to me anything that is unknown, deserves exploring further.

I'm not the onlyone taking notice of the simularities between epilepsy and Kundalini:

source:
www.yogamag.net...

What the epileptic actually experiences and what we imagine the process to be, are two distinct things. What we call 'fitting' may not be so difficult to understand when we view it in the light of yoga. Fyodor Dostoyevsky, a famous Russian writer, has this to say about fits in his book 'The Idiot':

"For a few minutes before the fit... I experience a feeling of happiness such as it is quite impossible to imagine in a normal state and which other people have no idea of. I feel entirely in harmony with myself and the whole world, and this feeling is so strong and delightful that for a few seconds of such bliss one would gladly give up ten years of one's life, if not one's whole life."

Dostoyevsky's description of fitting is not what medical science and our eyes have led us to believe.

To be honest, the heat did worry me slightly although i remained calm and went with it. I feel i have good reason to
I once said to a friend that i had a nagging doubt i would die a strange death like spontaneous combustion. This was about 5 years ago now. There are theories that the kundalni is the cause of those deaths. I found Uri Gellars site quite thought provoking:

source:
www.uri-geller.com...

Its that snake again......................

THE SERPENT FIRE WITHIN

If you know about Kundalini, then you already probably agree with Dr. Sannella. If Kundalini is a term unfamiliar to you, a brief foray into esoteric traditions that predate Western medicine by thousands of years will help you understand what Kundalini is, why it has been linked to these three cases of SHC, and how it can provide a general solution to the continuing puzzles of SHC.

[edit on 3-2-2009 by MCoG1980]

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Some thoughts on visual snow -- I started seeing it around the same time I started believing in magic and things unseen and unknown. They could be sylphs or sky spirits, or maybe the magic Veil itself, or quantum possibilities waiting to happen. It is beautiful, whatever it is! Rudolph Steiner said, "The world ether can be seen in the clear blue sky."

This might be interesting in relation to epilepsy -- Jill Bolte Taylor, a neuroanatomist who had a crazy and euphoric! stroke experience. Her euphoria is really similar to drug-induced experiences, kundalini and meditative experiences. Here's the video:

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by cinnamonbrick

It's good to hear I'm not alone on ATS with this phenomena, it certainly makes you wonder, unless you have or can see it with your own two eyes its hard for anyone else to imagine what this looks like - my best description remains as dry rain, sometimes like when it chucks it down but other times it can be like when its spitting. Looks similar to how rain looks - but dry - very hard to explain and nothing to compare it too.

Thankyou for that video, wow
I could relate to alot of that, but mine is throughout my life, not one single occasion. Those trancey moments i have, sometimes it starts like when she describes when she is trying to dial the phone, its the period were your trying to fight it but it draws you in. Amazing to hear so much from another perspective yet still strikingly very very similar experience.

This actually makes me feel a little uneasy, i have a wild imagination and has a habit of rolling out bizarre thoughts.

the crazy side of me wonders if its all a big cover up, but one that is there to be found if would search it out, not a conspiracy but as someone somewhere said 'you have to ask the right questions to the get the right answers'.

As craziness goes, my wackiest thought could be that there are 2 truths.
The biological and the spiritual, and here also where the caduceus comes in, representing both sides.

Spiritual : Meditation and kundalini awakening

Biological: Medical (just type in medical symbol in google images)

Do these cater for each side of the brain, our medical to rationialise what our spiritual sides tell us - but were they meet.... that is the freaky part are they both truths or a fog for the real truth, doubt can only be there if there is nothing to rationionlise it.

Anyone reading this who hasn't, watch the above video first and what i said may make a little sense - i hope.

that video has made my jaw drop, thankyou Soooo much.

[edit on 16-2-2009 by MCoG1980]

[edit on 17-2-2009 by MCoG1980]

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by pikypiky
It appears to be some sort of 'kundalini' experience and perhaps a petit mal seizure, too because during a meeting, I saw a temp look up at something and kind of jerked a couple of times in his chair. The look on his face appeared as if he saw something 'spiritual'.

[edit on 2008-11-29 by pikypiky]

I saw an old buddy of mine do that same exact thing. I was in the air force at the time and we were both E-3's (this was back in 1999). We were in a CPR class we were supposed to take every 18 months or something. Everyone was sitting there watching a video. I looked over at this guy because he looked like he kept falling asleep. I kept nudging him to wake up. A couple of minutes later I looked over at this guy and his face looked like it was melting and his eyes were rolled back. I started freaking out for a second and then the guy came to... I was the only guy that noticed it and when I told the instructor what happened she acted like it was no big deal.

He was fine though like nothing happened. He had no memory of what happened either. Meanwhile, I'm sitting there still in a state of panic..I didn't know if the guy had epilepsy and if he did he never told me.. But it was really creepy because, like you say, it was almost what you would expect to see in an extremely deep meditative state. It is just like what you would expect to see if someone had that same feeling of deep meditation (like you are surrounded by an ever-expanding yet still infinite envelope/membrane of energetic consciousness). The guy just completely went catatonic and non-responsive for a few seconds. He was even drooling. Then he lifts up his head, smiles, and looks at me like "what he heck is that face for"?

-ChriS

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by MCoG1980

Sorry for the late response, I can't keep up with all the threads. I have to learn my way around ATS.

Anyway, all I know is that he (like most folks from his province) is deeply into the (eek) 'Bible'! I didn't bother asking about his experience. There were other people in the meeting room and they were to busy to notice this small event.

When I saw the title of this thread, that event reminded me of the temporary worker, who co-incidentally happens to be a nephew-in-law of my auntie. So I don't know him well enough to get more information.

[edit on 2009-2-23 by pikypiky]

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlasteR

Originally posted by pikypiky
It appears to be some sort of 'kundalini' experience and perhaps a petit mal seizure, too because during a meeting, I saw a temp look up at something and kind of jerked a couple of times in his chair. The look on his face appeared as if he saw something 'spiritual'.

[edit on 2008-11-29 by pikypiky]

[...]A couple of minutes later I looked over at this guy and his face looked like it was melting and his eyes were rolled back.

[...]The guy just completely went catatonic and non-responsive for a few seconds. He was even drooling.

Well, this guy that I mentioned was fully conscious and his eyes didn't roll back in his head. After his face froze looking upward at a slight angle, he took both his hands from his mouth (as if praying), relaxed back from a stiff upright position into his chair and resumed listening to the boss lecturing.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   
(hopes to get reply!)
I can't start a thread yet, and Ive searched ATS and I think my question fits in best here. I am quite confused.
Do I have Epilepsy. Am I deluded? What could the possible purpose be (I have some opinions).

This is my life : I am the most active dreamer I know, nightmares, visions. I dream alot. I shake alot. Like generalised anxiety shaking all over. I get muscle jerk spasms. I have simple part seizures. My hands mostly will jerk for up to ten minutes. A finger will go. My face spasms alot. My eye sockets spasm. I have trouble seeing -- i have my eyes tested regular, I have a weak prescription ? so why can't I focus, why do spots appear in my vision, why do things go blurry? I get staring seizures where my face just drops and i vague out, intently staring at things. I see things flicker in my vision. I hear flapping noises in my ears. I have had my ears tested, totally find except have lost a frequency we dont really use anymore. I get alot of head aches. The other night I woke up screaming and rolling around the bed in pain, when I woke up and realised it was a leg cramp I felt foolish. My leg is still cramped, that particular day I did nothing except sit at a desk, and it is still cramped 2 days later! My house has a ghost /spirit, ( witnessed by many people! have witnesses who saw me command the spirit to let me inside of a locked house, door flew open). I stumble my speech. I feel this vibration feeling at the top of my mouth often.

^^^ these are all symptoms I have been dealing with for some time. The doctor suggested I had simple seizure form of epilepsy, and off I went for an EEG, excited that there might be an explanation. My EEG results were normal. So far, I have basically had everything tested, I have good bloods, across the board fairly healthy, yet as I write this, my brain is spasming. Im guessing its my brain. I feel it on the right hand side, closer to the front then the back. Feels like it moves 10cm across my head. This is the 5th head/brain spasm tonight.

NOTE : mods please do not remove > I do not take illicit drugs. I have in the past however, and my reaction has always been amazingly stronger then my friends. On a drug with no hallucinagenic qualities, I saw alot.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by kettlebellysmith

Hello, I know that this is an old thread. i just stumbled upon it. I've been dealing with "petit and grand mahl" seizures for my entire adult and teenage life. I understand what you are going through. I'm sorry, I have to live through it everyday as well.
I also believe that we are more fined tuned in our spirituality to the other dimensions and to the earth. I've always felt a connection to life and to the earths life force that's unexplainable.

posted on May, 11 2019 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: MCoG1980
As a child when i see this ring of light, it was bright yellow and woud get brighter when it was dark. I say yellow, it kind of looked like the sun, it is hard to describe, and had a postive and negative aspect to it. Other things i noticed which no one ever talked about so i thought must not be normal was 'visual snow'.

Every epileptic views the spiritual world in a different manner.
Some may see the alternate world as a fog, others a world filled with vertical rainbows and your own as a "visual snow".
Call it a gift; call it a curse: It is a skill that must never be ignored.

If you see the sun (yellow) then maybe this is good because you see everything as pure energy.

Yellow is one of the only 3 primary colors in the Tartarus Realm that the likes of the Rephaim see. These vertical yellow lines link their realm to our world from VERTICAL YELLOW LINES that shine forth from objects like lamp-posts and they connect their world to ours via Lay Line Interception Points or Standing Stones in monolith circles like Stone Henge.

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I can relate to you 100% on the light you would see full of colors, the deja vu phenomena among other stuff you hinted at in your post OP.

Kundalini is a very real thing, and I know many people who've gone through this coinciding with spiritual awakenings, great changes in their bodies, thought life, appetite changes, uncomfortable symptoms transitioning into it.

The whole reason why may never be fully understood, but it's real.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join