It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michael Savage Endorses McCain!! Things Just Got Serious!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Grudgenly Dr. Savage surprised his millions of listeners today by begrudgenly endorsing McCain/Palin.

For those of you not familiar with Dr. Savage, he is the thrid most listened to talk show host below Limbaugh and Hannity.

Why is this exciting news for the McCain ticket?
Because unlike Limbaugh and Hannity Savage's listeners are NOT primarily Republicans as you would imagine. They are primarily moderates and independents.

Even though Savage can't stand Palin and barely stomach McCain he feels that to stand by and let Obama take the white house would be a crime.

Listen to Dr. Savage's endorsement
michaelsavage.wnd.com...

Game on Obama!!!!

Explosive conservative radio talk show host Michael Savage continues to dominate the airwaves with his brash commentary and unapologetic solutions. The 10 million listeners who tune into Savage each week can't be wrong! Turn on WOR in New York, KNEW in San Francisco, WKRO in Boston, or hundreds of other stations nationwide.

Savage is harder hitting than other conservatives. Wilder than Bill, funnier than Ann, Michael Savage is a media icon who is unafraid to take on the establishment. He pulls many of his life experiences, including that of father, son, husband, brother, ice cream factory worker, busboy, lifeguard, writer, and scientist, into his commentary.

Savage coined the terms "Compassionate Conservative" and "Islamo-Fascist," which have been hijacked by Republican speechwriters and spread like wildfire.

An independent-minded individualist, Michael Savage fits no stereotype. He attacks big government and liberal media bias, but champions the environment and animal rights.

Trained as a scientist, he holds Master’s degrees in medical botany and medical anthropology and earned his Ph.D. from the University of California at Berkeley in Epidemiology and Nutritional Science. He spent decades searching and saving tropical rainforests.

Savage is also the author of 18 books including four New York Times Best Sellers: "The Political Zoo", "Liberalism is a Mental Disorder", “The Savage Nation” and “The Enemy Within.”

In show, books and speeches, Michael Savage electrifies and galvanizes his audiences. If you’re looking for someone with an opinion-- who isn’t afraid to tell it like it is-- he’s your man.

www.michaelsavage.wnd.com...

[edit on 1-11-2008 by deathhasnosound]

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 08:20 PM
link   
MMmm...WEEEEner boy's opinion matters how exactly?

I guess to the sheep that can't think for themselves and have to have someone to tell them what and how to think, perhaps it's somewhat *useful*.

But more and more citizens I know, every day are turning OFF these useless pieces of NOISE and learning to weigh things out based on their own ability to collect REAL information, and people like "savage"LOL or Hannity or any of these overpaid clowns are fast going to become obsolete relics, I think in the not so distant future.

THis has little to do with the so called "taking sides" in phoney Hegelian "left vs right" charade and more to do with citizens awakening to the REAL powers at the very TOP of the financial/political pyramid being exposed for the frauds that they are and their use and control of both "sides" LOL of controlled opposition.

WEre simply tired of The Game, tired of the Slick Liars, sick of the never ending charades, and no longer feel the need to listen to these fully CONTROLLED gas bags spew out their latest idiocy for the Corporate/State run handlers. Sure I know, it's "claimed" they have a large number of listeners. I would have to guess though alot of money goes INTO keeping thee Goebles like charlatans on the airwaves, not so much because theres a real desire to hear their brain dead mantra over and over and over, but because there are instead forces out there that want to make SURE you hear it over and over and over as a form of brain washing. ENOUGH already. Say goodbye to the WEEEENER boys of the airwaves and learn to trust your OWN instincts and ability to gather facts. IMO it will be a much much better use of your information gathering time.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by This American

Dr. Savage has 8 million listeners.
I do think his endorsement matters.
www.rightwingwatch.org...

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by deathhasnosound

Dr. Savage has 8 million listeners.
I do think his endorsement matters.
www.rightwingwatch.org...

Dr???? Has a piece of paper hanging on his wall does he???

I have taken the time to listen to a few of his shows, and while I might be able to relate to SOME of his oratory, I would say if these "8 million" U.S. citizens use this "shock jock's" endorsement to formulate ANY decision, The Republic is in a far greater decine in it's cognitive abilities than I would have hoped.

Don't get wrong. I am NO Obama supporter, and I have a real gut feeling the all seeing, all knowing, all deciding, Eye of W-horus, has already S-elected OB to sit in the Big Chair and Bark out the next round of orders to chop the Tree of Liberty from the Opposite side of which the Neo_CON menace chopped if from during the last 8 or so years.

So I'm not slamming your post perse about this potential effect, but rather only the ignorance of SHEEP that would put any stock in a talking heads blathering about which way is up ( or not). This nation has GOT to do better or we're ALL sunk IMHO.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 09:43 PM
link   

I'm just saying, he has 8 million listeners, if only half took his endorsement to heart and voted for McCain, that is 4 million votes for McDaddy.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 09:57 PM
link   

I'm just saying, he has 8 million listeners, if only half took his endorsement to heart and voted for McCain, that is 4 million votes for McDaddy.

I understand.

Let's work and pray though for a Grand Enlightenment, and while I don't personally look for ANY gubermint 'savior' to come and *protect* me from all the very things "they" create in the first place, perhaps I'll at least get a marginal amout of satisfaction writing in a "better" choice on my ballot of Dr. Paul, since my Favorite ol' Tom Jefferson doesn't seem to be able to make it to the elections this year. :-(

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by deathhasnosound

It's too bad he waited until after the early voting started. Hopefully he is right about how many people he influences.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 11:11 PM
link   
What will McCain be able to do to make America the great country as set forth by our founders?

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 11:19 PM
link   
I have a very hard time imagining that this swayed any significant number of voters. I can't imagine any Obama supporters listening to Michael Weiner and his hate filled show. His views don't really align with Obama's stance so I don't see this taking many votes from Obama. I would imagine that no matter how they are labeled, most of his listeners were going to vote for McCain over Obama. So, his endorsement isn't exactly shaking anything up.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Karlhungis
I have a very hard time imagining that this swayed any significant number of voters. I can't imagine any Obama supporters listening to Michael Weiner and his hate filled show. His views don't really align with Obama's stance so I don't see this taking many votes from Obama. I would imagine that no matter how they are labeled, most of his listeners were going to vote for McCain over Obama. So, his endorsement isn't exactly shaking anything up.

I would like to think you are right, that Americans are *smart* enough to weigh the facts and vote accordingly, but I guess I am not truly convinced. Besides the CFR crowd has allowed BOTH of their puppets to be incerted into the race so Americans really have no choice other than to vote pupet A or B.

BY the way your pic looks alot like Peter Tork )Monkees fame(( I bet you get that alot) I'm wondering what ol' Pete is doing these days. (LOL)

T.A.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Karlhungis
I have a very hard time imagining that this swayed any significant number of voters. I can't imagine any Obama supporters listening to Michael Weiner and his hate filled show.

Why should they? Liberals have there own hate filled venues that far out number anything hate filled on the right. Internet anyone...?

On topic:

Dr. Savages endorsment might have been significant if he did it weeks ago but with only a few days left before election day it will probably have little effect.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Savage did a whole show about how Obama was a narcissitic and hated his mother and possibly all women because of the lipstick on a pig quote.
Was there any real doubt who he supported?

McCain called has been heard calling his wife a Whore and a # before, yet he didn't bring that up.

I thuoght we were supposed to deny ignorance here. I'll be glad when this election is over and ATS can return to normal. I miss my monthly chicken little proclamations(world ending).

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by deathhasnosound

Truth is endorsements are overrated, and you are vastly overrating the endorsement of John McCain by little ole Michael Savage. There are, in fact, very few people whose endorsements carry any weight - and NO Oprah IS NOT one of them. Those that do carry weight are mostly symbolic anyway (for example, Ted Kennedy's endorsement of Obama). However, that endorsement came at a critical time when Clinton and Obama were still battling for the Democratic nomination. That's why that endorsement got so much coverage. As for Oprah, it was because it was Oprah. But I assure you that Oprah's feelings on the matter (as well as Ted Kennedy's) will affect very few people when they step into the polling booth on Tuesday. I'm voting for Obama, and Ted Kennedy and Oprah Winfrey have absolutely nothing to do with that decision. If you're expecting millions of people to say, "Oh wow! Michael Savage just endorsed John McCain. I'm so going to change my vote to McCain now," then you're going to be mightily disappointed.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 12:30 AM
link   

I don't think his endorsement will sway many, most of his listeners will already be voting for McCain, they listen to Savage because of his views.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Urgent News Bulletin

Michael Savage Endorses McCain!!

OoooKay???? Where's the surprise?

This is getting sickening. Like Karl said, he's "preaching to the choir". Nothing will change anything there.

Think people.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 01:00 AM
link   
This just in! The Huffington Post endorses Obama! What a game changer!

Dogs and cats living together!

Mass Hysteria!

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Ok, I get it, those of you saying Dr. Savage listeners were voting McCain anyway obviously don't listen to his radio show.
And I am not going to try and explain to you why you are wrong about his listeners other than,
Dr. Savage is a libertarian (stems from root word "liberty" not "liberal")
And most of his listeners are also.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Libertarian - A wolf who encourages sheep to abolish sheep dogs.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Libertarian- A lover of liberty who calls out to The Sheep and warns them that the Democrat and Republican operatives at the door, who arrived in the Meat packing truck, are not there for a social visit.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 03:19 PM
link   
This will have absolutely NO affect whatsoever. Thumbs-down for desperate tries though, but nah, it has no affect whatsoever

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join