It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Early voters, voters, who vowed on bailout package - did you keep that vow?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I early voted on Friday (Proud McCain/Palin supporter TYVM!) and I went in with a list Texas Senators and Representatives who voted Yes and No on the recent bailout package. Every one of those men and women who voted YES, I voted for their opponent regardless of partisanship.

Just wondering if everyone else infuriated by the bailout package did the same or is planning to do the same, or if the furor has worn off.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

im extremely tired. but can you u2u me the same type of list for nevada? I will gladly vote for the no's regardless of party

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Done!
Not a one liner.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Here's the final list of votes from the Senate

Nice to see a Florida Democrat voting no on it.

I guess there was a reason he got 60% of Florida's vote in 2006

If I see Martinez on my ballot I'll gladly vote against him.

[edit on 1-11-2008 by davion]

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 08:15 PM
link   
oh i voted no on my incumbent senator and sent him an e-mail telling so and why. my representative voted no on the bill. wall street should have failed.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I haven't voted yet, but I won't vote for anyone that supported the bailout plan.

I still think the following thread was very important and showed loud and clear that americans from every point in the political spectrum opposed the bailout.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Therefor to vote for a politician that voted yes on the bailout, would be to vote for a politician that ignores the will of the people.

Question for the OP tho.....why would you support McCain, he voted for the bailout did he not?

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 08:52 PM
link   
My senator up for reelection voted yea. Boooooooooo!! Unfortunately his opponent has been mum on the bailout bill. He doesn't even address it on his website that I can find. Actually, I found no where in his website where he even says anything concrete about how he will pursue his goals.

I guess I will go with the known quantity, again. Besides, his opponent has already been convicted of ripping off the taxpayers through false medicare claims. Just what I need, to vote for a person who has already shown a tendancy to rip off the taxpayers. And I wonder, how did he get on the ballot in the first place?

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Mark Pryor(D-Ar) was opposed by a Green Party Member. I voted for the Green Party. I voted for McCain because he showed up in Washington. Obama just said "call me."
Besides, I agree with a previous poster. If he loses, we have indeed fulfilled Martin Luther King's dream.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 09:34 PM
link   
I voted straigt-ticket LIbertarian except for one guy... that was my current congressman Michael Burgess. I do not agree with many of his policies but I felt he deserved my vote for sticking to his no.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by kettlebellysmith
Mark Pryor(D-Ar) was opposed by a Green Party Member. I voted for the Green Party. I voted for McCain because he showed up in Washington. Obama just said "call me."
Besides, I agree with a previous poster. If he loses, we have indeed fulfilled Martin Luther King's dream.

at least obama spoke. mccain didnt even utter a word in the ''meeting''

And uh, i dont know where you were but I saw Obama in washington.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by sos37
Just wondering if everyone else infuriated by the bailout package did the same or is planning to do the same, or if the furor has worn off.

Darn tootn'

My rep even had the blinders to do a call in radio show here in Texas. I think they thought he could spin it so people wouldn't blame him. They finally cut it off when it turned out that EVERY SINGLE CALLER thought he was a satanic sellout to the New World Order. Even the sweet little old ladies. Especially after he mentioned the "trans texas corridor"

I'd like to spit some beechnut in that dude's eye.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Every one of those men and women who voted YES, I voted for their opponent regardless of partisanship.

Not sure what you mean as at the most you would have voted for one senator and possibly one representative.

One of the Texas senators is up for re-election. I had hoped others, like yourself, would do the no vote based on the bailout. I suspect this man will be re-elected though.

Edit: looks like all Texas reps are up this year.

[edit on 11/1/2008 by roadgravel]

top topics

join