It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there a hole in the ice at the North Pole?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Was doing some research and I stumbled across this site, very interesting... However I'm a little stumped by the lack of ice at the pole. Any explanations?

The Cryosphere Today

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 08:00 PM
link   
as far as i know satellites dont get info from there

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 08:02 PM
link   
www.canada.com...

This might be what you're interested in...

"Climate Change" sucks....

edit: Never mind... after clicking on a few pictures, its obvious there is no data for that area... Satalites don't fly over the poles... just around em

[edit on 1-11-2008 by nj2day]

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I thought it may have been a lack of satellite coverage but questioned since the southern pole shows full coverage... Food for thought for the Hollow Earth Kin...

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Ah'HA!

Yes why no pictures of the north pole????????

I think there are 2 known...1969 and 1979 pics, and that's it!

So what are they hiding then?? Alex Collier talks about a hole in his 1996 Moon and Mars lecture..

also there was a guy going to explore it this year...but he died..his partner will resume the quest next year I think...

"Calling zorgon...calling zorgon"

wZn

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 08:34 PM
link   
There is nothing at The North Pole Directly

No Hole

Fpr people who have had Planes go off course or that have stumbled into that area it represents some Amazingly deep caverns and entrance into a sort of hidden world ... It is actually just Northern Greenland where the crust is very thick and melting glaciation under the ice has formed immense caverns in the Earth

One would not realizing the scope or size assume this was some inner Earth and people tell stories about this whole Hollow Earth thing because, I can imagine it's that Amazing...

But from surveys done of the region I know that there is vast underground networks across Greenland and that it has to be what people have identified as "The Hole"

there id PLENTY of info on the North Pole because the oil companies have extensively surveyed the area

both Russian

and

American/Canadian

and there is Nada, nothing... the crust is under 10 K at the sea floor and it's thin and the Mantle has been Probed, nothing but Lava all the way down, we can see through the crust, we know

But Northern Greenland, The Ice cap touches the continent/Island and if you were out on the Ice you'd never know you made land fall

Given movements of true Magnetic North and occasional fluctuations from the sun... it is extremely easy to Head North and find yourself flying over or on Greenland

and once there you spot the land and the hole and in you go...

But not to a hollow Earth, Just vast Mountains Carved to pieces by glaciation and water flow underneath where the pressure of the ice is high enough to liquefy the ice over both hot spots and deep ice accumulates spots

a similar phenomena exists in parts of Antarctica where people also report hidden civilizations

[edit on 1-11-2008 by mopusvindictus]

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Not sure if this is 100% original, ie not tampered with.

A sat image of the North Pole.

www.nightskynation.com...

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Great Find that Sat Image

You can see directly the loc where people stumble into Greenland when exploring the Pole and how easy it is to do...

Ellesmere Island is the general location Of Where TRUE Magnetic North is usually found

Thats a satellite shot of Ellesmere

If you want to find the hole, this is the best place to start looking

Although I would still say Greenland slightly to the East is the more likely spot given accessibility, snow cover, potential for confusion

Those who have seen the hole down, probably one of the largest cave entrances in the world

Have wandered inadvertently off the course of the actual North Pole

Magnetic North Declination is accounted for on most real compasses nowadays, but there is no end to the magnetic anomalies in the area given where you are...

Problem with the Entrance is...

and as a serious spelunker, I have... spent much time on the issue

Glaciation probably closes it 99% of the time...

i.e once in a while, the glacier fractures and tumbles down into the crevice and someone flying over, actually spots the hole, which from descriptions is quite large...

and it's already hard to spot due to snow blindness anyway even when it's open... snow slopes down into the Hole

as described

when a glacier cracks and tilts down, you can walk right into it and not realize your are even going in

Hence the whole Inner Earth feeling...

But most of the time glaciation caps it almost entirely and you simply can fly right over the entrance and never see it

Thats why here and at the south pole, people spot it and then return or someone else goes

and it seems to have vanished

Over the few months between expeditions it fills with snow, glacier keeps moving and it goes bye, bye again

In any event, this region right here is your target, Magnetic north Pole

Glaciers that swallow mountains whole

Nice shot of a Hole carved right into a mountain

and Greenland omg...

anything could be in that ground carved into that by the massive power of that ice...

Look at that, easy to see how you can stumble off the north pole and never know it...

Look at this!

Easy to see how fast that Hole gets covered and what kind of amazing caves and subterranean areas have been carved, I couldn't imagine a better location to explore, but also...very dangerous, it's all in motion

Water that cuts down into the Earth like Butter every year

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 09:17 PM
link   

This is a shot of something called a Moulin

They are all over central Greenland, Gigantic Holes that Open up in glaciers as ice melts and water pours into them...

Some of the decent sized ones dump more water down at the Earth than Niagra falls does...and there are dozens upon dozens of these at any given time

You can imagine that when that water hit's bottom it carves the heck of a hole in the dirt and Greenland underneath is literally covered with Giant Gaping Holes exactly like the ones people claim to enter at the North Pole

This phenomena also exists in Antarctica

A cavern carved by a single Active Moulin could house a small city comfortably, and there is no way to tell exactly how many there may be...

More over, the Moulins Move so the Caverns could have incredible lengths or features I can only imagine, massive mountain sized cavern entrances are a certainty

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Those pictures of the Glacier Rivers are amazing. On another note: Scientists are saying the heavy melting and flooding of fresh water like this will shut down the Atlantic conveyor and could put us back into an ice age...

Atlantic Conveyor

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 05:35 AM
link   
I actually think that what you mention there is one of the few, utterly true disaster scenarios that we actually face.

So much attention is diverted into things that are certainly flights of fancy and the real problems rarely attract notice.

On the bright side, there is probably some really nice caves I'd get to expplore in greenland for a few years before it freezes over 2x as thick as before

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by mopusvindictus

Thank you for your search & pic, very interesting

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

join