It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can someone tell me what this might be [Google Earth]?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I was scanning the western parts of Irag and I found a series of digs/excavations that are curious...and just wondering if anyone knows what they are?

They start at 34°21'4.04"N, 40°58'12.22"E and keep going NE until you get to 34°23'0.57"N, 40°55'8.85"E right at the Syrian border.

They look almost identical in how they were dug, so just curious as to if they might be oil discovery digs or something similar?

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Laserjock

Very interesting.
They look like they could be marks left from some type of pylon maybe? I'm only suggesting this because they seem fairly evenly spaced.

Great find, I hope somebody can shed some light on this for us!

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Yeah...they are pretty big and i wondered about some kind of power line tower digs...but they don't lead along any cities or to any kind of plant that would provide the power.

Just odd...but I am guessing its something fairly common that I just cannot come up with.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Could someone post a picture of this please?

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Here you go...

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Looks like a camp site??????
Not much more than that.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by xbranscombex
Looks like a camp site??????
Not much more than that.

No...I don't think so...here is another one. There are 6-8 of these spaced out fairly evenly running NE as I noted in my OP.

Here is another one...

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 11:50 PM
link   
its a landing site, something has landed there, i can not see clearly any trace between the figures and anytthing else.. but for the humvees traces or any mobil that are a few feets at the left of the picture..
i´m an industrial designer, and for what i know, and for the resolution of the image all I can add here is that the huge mark is the first leg of something probably circular or triangular for the weight distribution of them, and for the prints that it left ones heavier tha the others....it clearly din not land easily....or had to be a very quick maneuver... for the diferent patches between every print...

i´m just guessing though...

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Interesting, cheers for posting the pics - the question is what time of day were they from, if the sun was coming from below and west then this'll indicate they're holes, but if above and east the they're raised...

...and there's another 8 of these sites?

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Oh, figured it out, they're digs... interesting.

Oil wells?

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Yeah...there are several of these...they are spaced relatively evenly and run NE to the Syrian border then just stop. I tried to determine if there were any signs of power relay stations or something close by as it would then seem they might be pouring footings for power towers...but they don't exactly pass near any towns or such, so just not sure what the heck they are.

Also of note, the four square holes dug are all in the same alignment/orientation in each location...so maybe they are some kind of footer prep or something given the orientation is obviously important.

[edit on 4-11-2008 by Laserjock]

top topics

join