It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

painting of the last supper, the real secret behind this painting of Jesus

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by operation mindcrime

Hi mindcrime/
Yeh, well sorry for the late reply!

Did I say this was Greek EASTERN ORTHODOX?
Dont play on my words!
Art is art!
Eg/a piece of rubbish art is the depiction of an ape, knees bent down,arms to the floor and then slowly standing upright looking like a human being!(less hairy of-course)
That, is one piece of rubbish ART work!

Sorry can't seem to find what Im talking about...evolution bull sh*t depicting ape to human!!!

An Icon in the Eastern Orthodox church is not considered ART,but an image of the person depicted...eg/an Icon of Christ on the Cross depicts that 'time frame'...a picture worth a thousand words?
It is basically a story without WORDS!
The art work of Leonardo De vinci was not recognized in Greece, therefore it is not a true Orthodox Painting of the Apostles and Christ...

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   

I just came on the thread!
Too funny!

Maybe I should have you wait a year or so...I have done it before,actually some of my replies are a few years apart!

take care,

ICXC NIKA
helen

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   
May be off-topic, but I thought Brandon was on the run?! Last post I saw was somebody else posting for him so he could lay low awhile. House condemned and some other stuff?

Not being critical, I like Brandon's posts, but is this the original Brandon or the fill-in? Is everything OK now?

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by helen670

Hey thanks for the reply Helen!!!

I realy appreciate you trying to explain this to me but thanks to that explanation i'm gonna be up all night wiki'ing everything you just said because it makes absolutly no sence at all to me!! (but as i stated before i have 0 knowlegde of art)

but one can hope to learn...

If i, in any way, suggested that you said Greek EASTERN ORTHODOX i'm sorry for that but i'm still trying to find the answer to your previous request

Look up art in Eastern Orthodox and Western Roman Cathoilc...BIG difference!

It's fun to learn new things...

I may be slow but i'm steady, so i have good hopes of continuing this discussion on an equal level after i've deciphered your reply and did some studying on the subject...

Peace

edit: ahhh the typos, they are back.

[edit on 23/7/2009 by operation mindcrime]

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Yeah, sorry about that one GetReady.

I had this thing standing in "MyATS" like forever and the last reply a month ago was from me. Now Helen was so kind as to answer my question and thus it was brought back to life...

Hope that clears it for you??

Peace

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Ohhhhhhhhh, I see the previous dates now!

That makes sense! Thanks.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Yes,My fault...sorry!

Discussing Greek/Russian Eastern Icons is fine with me...I think another member here...silent thunder made a post of it?

So, it was not a holiday but a memory lapse...just kidding,I get distracted by other threads and lots of other stuff that I like to finish reading that I totally forgot to reply to you.

Well,when one is depicting religious figures in an art form,it is not the exact of what you see in real life...
hmmm,
Ill get back as soon as you let me know what you want to know?

ICXC NIKA
helen

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join